3 point hitch with backhoe

Kmcmjmtm

Equipment
BX23s
Feb 15, 2019
OK
Hey guys, new owner of a bx23s here. The tractor was delivered with the three point hitch in a box, can I put it on and reinstall the backhoe? I'm sure I'd have to take the top link off...maybe

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Hey guys, new owner of a bx23s here. The tractor was delivered with the three point hitch in a box, can I put it on and reinstall the backhoe? I'm sure I'd have to take the top link off...maybe
Most of the models no, the three point arms can not be installed with the BH on, they hit each other.

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
The BX24 I used to have needed the 3 point arms removed for the backhoe to be installed I don't know if the BX23S is the same or not but it probably is.

Redbusdriver

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23S MMM PHD Grapple
Apr 13, 2017
Vancouver WA
You will get very familiar with removing & installing the Backhoe and the three point arms if you are going to use rear attachments on the BX23S.

The standard 3 point is serviceable but pretty basic. Consider Mark Hodge's pin adjustable arms, Pat's quick hitch attachments or a full quick hitch frame to save time and make things easier. Each has advantages and disadvantages.

Even with these helpers you still have to sit down behind the BX and work the lower arm pin on and off. It is a bit of a PITA. You will quickly plan your work out to minimize backhoe to 3 point changes.

Kmcmjmtm

Equipment
BX23s
Feb 15, 2019
OK
Okay, thanks for the input, I thought it looked pretty tight back there, can't wait to get it out and play with it.