3 Point Hitch Side Arm Hydraulic Cylinder Addition

MTBob

Equipment
2018 L6060 HSTC Kubota, Land Pride blade RB3785
Aug 10, 2019
Belgrade, Montana
I've searched far and wide for a 3 Pt Hitch Side Arm hydraulic cylinder that will fit on my Kubota L6060. When searching this site I found a number of recommendations for hydraulic cylinders from a company called CCM (dated over a decade ago). As far as I can tell they are out of business. Another recommended company (can't recall their name) said their cylinders had a 30 week lead time. That lead time doesn't work for me.
Do any of you have recommendations where to get a side arm hydraulic cylinder? There are number of them with clevis's at each end, but I've not found one that is the correct length and has a ball joint on the upper attachment.
Any help would be appreciated.

1681257593432.png

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
My recommendation is if you want it built right, wait. Otherwise, if you find one that will work, it will most likely only have a 4" stroke cylinder and you would be lucky if it was built to provide an equal amount of tilt angle to both sides. Or it will only tilt down and you will get no tilt to the left side.

These are pretty much the options that I am aware of.

Good luck. ;)

Reactions: 1 user

kubotafreak

Equipment
GRAND l6060, L3560, B6100, gr2100, tg 1860, g1800, g1900, g2160
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
Fit rite hydraulics. You generally replace the stationary vertical lift rod. The adjustable rod you can swap to either side. Btw those double nuts have lock-tight. A little heat to warm the lock-tight and they come right off.

animals45

Equipment
L3301l
Apr 22, 2021
Mabie CA
Surpluscenter dot com . The have quite a selection of hydraulic parts , rams , hoses , pumps , valves ...
animal

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
Fit rite hydraulics. You generally replace the stationary vertical lift rod. The adjustable rod you can swap to either side. Btw those double nuts have lock-tight. A little heat to warm the lock-tight and they come right off.
Are you talking to me? I'm not the one with the questions.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I've searched far and wide for a 3 Pt Hitch Side Arm hydraulic cylinder that will fit on my Kubota L6060. When searching this site I found a number of recommendations for hydraulic cylinders from a company called CCM (dated over a decade ago). As far as I can tell they are out of business. Another recommended company (can't recall their name) said their cylinders had a 30 week lead time. That lead time doesn't work for me.
Do any of you have recommendations where to get a side arm hydraulic cylinder? There are number of them with clevis's at each end, but I've not found one that is the correct length and has a ball joint on the upper attachment.
Any help would be appreciated.
When I bought the first MX a little over two years ago I had the local dealer order Kubota's top-n-tilt kit. Up to this point I'd never measured the ram travel of the tilt cylinder but did tonight and it's 5-3/4". As @MtnViewRanch said, you can only tilt an implement one way with a kit like that, albeit quite a lot one way, and only marginally in the opposite direction. This certainly isn't as convenient as being able to tilt the implement equally in both directions.

This could be important if say you're crowning a driveway and it's fairly steep. You'd have to crown one side heading down and the other heading up. If your tractor has enough power this might not be an issue at all.

MTBob

Equipment
Aug 10, 2019
Belgrade, Montana
First, thanks for all the great feedback, very helpful. It looks like Fit Right is the go-to place, though I'm surprised that they seem to be the only (best) choice out there. Surplus Center and other general hydraulic suppliers don't seem to have the right kind of end connections that would adapt to my side link (upper ball joint, lower clevis).
So, if indeed Fit Right is a 7+ month lead time, that may get a hydraulic cylinder here in time for our next winter snow storm cycles in October. But, grading our 1/2 mile driveway this summer would sure be easier with a side link hydraulic.

Btw those double nuts have lock-tight. A little heat to warm the lock-tight and they come right off.
Thanks, I wouldn't have know that by just looking at the nuts!

I would also wait for Fit Rite Hydraulics, there is a good reason they have a lead time like they do!
I'm sure leaning towards taking this advice from you'all. I try to buy quality products... just surprised FR appears to be the only high quality company serving this market.

You'd have to crown one side heading down and the other heading up. If your tractor has enough power this might not be an issue at all.
I should be OK, my driveway is flat & the L6060 seems to have plenty of power.

Surpluscenter dot com . The have quite a selection of hydraulic parts
They've got a big selection, but nothing that would appear to fit a side link. And, their reference to side link hydraulics comes up blank.

Reactions: 1 users

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
They really do have the best setup, others fail in comparison!

FYI: Just for clarity sakes MtnViewRanch is the owner of Fit Rite Hydraulics!

So he really knows what he's talking about!

Reactions: 1 users

MTBob

Equipment
Aug 10, 2019
Belgrade, Montana
They really do have the best setup, others fail in comparison!
I've studied Fit Right's website and it appears that Brian, the owner, literally fabricates the entire cylinder, piston and attachments himself. And, he's a one man shop. If that's the case, I can see why he has a long waiting list.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I've studied Fit Right's website and it appears that Brian, the owner, literally fabricates the entire cylinder, piston and attachments himself. And, he's a one man shop. If that's the case, I can see why he has a long waiting list.
He might I've never asked.

I can tell you as a business owner finding competent and or qualified help is dang near imposible for us little guys!

MTBob

Equipment
Aug 10, 2019
Belgrade, Montana
Correct, these are not a mass-produced item. People wonder why there are not others building the quality or-and the variety of these that I do. It's simply because there is no $$$$ in it. I make a living, that is it. And on the lower end of that.

It typically takes 4-10 hours to build an order. It's not that it takes all that long, but when you have 150+ people waiting their turn, that is the reason for the long lead times.

And no it is not and has not been a supply issue, I have everything here to build pretty much anything that I sell. Again, lead times reflect the number of people in line, not how long it takes to build or to get the material.

I do what I can do and have no intentions of expanding, been there done that in my previous business.

Not doing it again.

I hope that this answers at least some questions people might have. :)
A tip of the hat to you Sir for having the wisdom to run a small business in a way that fits your priorities. Too often I've seen folks get totally overrun with work and it consumes their life and erodes or destroys their relationships.