3 POINT HITCH INOP

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
I found the schematic. It appears to be plumbed correctly. Can the inner spool of the loader valve fail and cut the flow to the 3 point just like it would if you were using the loader? I noticed that the handle for the 3 point lift is getting pushed away from the lift position with slight pressure while the tractor is running.
Make sure your 3pt lever is not in the fully up position. This won't fix the failure to lift, but might relieve the overload. Then you can go from there.

Jim K

Equipment
B7800 LA402 Woods RD7200 Woods 7500 Backhoe Mow King Tiller 6'
Aug 21, 2022
Loudon NH
I have been following this thread because I am having the same problem with my 2004 B7800hst. Mine feels like something is broken or disconnected so I downloaded the parts breakdown for the tractor. Could we both be having a problem because the spring pin sheared off from hydraulic piston that is attached to the hydraulic arm that turns the shaft that the lift arms are on?

Background on my problem. I just replaced the FEL control valve because of ice damage. I have checked knob under seat and followed all hoses to make sure they are where they should be. (A lease where I think they should be.)

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I have been following this thread because I am having the same problem with my 2004 B7800hst. Mine feels like something is broken or disconnected so I downloaded the parts breakdown for the tractor. Could we both be having a problem because the spring pin sheared off from hydraulic piston that is attached to the hydraulic arm that turns the shaft that the lift arms are on?

Background on my problem. I just replaced the FEL control valve because of ice damage. I have checked knob under seat and followed all hoses to make sure they are where they should be. (A lease where I think they should be.)
Lots if things are possible. You need to focus on things you can test and isolate. You can easily verify operation of the circuit feeding the 3pt. If it is working the problem is in the 3pt system.

Dan

Jim K

Equipment
Aug 21, 2022
Loudon NH
The
Lots if things are possible. You need to focus on things you can test and isolate. You can easily verify operation of the circuit feeding the 3pt. If it is working the problem is in the 3pt system.

Dan
There is flow in the feed tube so I will look at diagram of 3 pt hitch.

TOMTRUTH

Equipment
2350 TRACTOR,Bandit xp200,scag patriot
Aug 28, 2022
CONNECTICUT
Possibly but probability is low. You can verify flow is or is not going to the 3pt by disconnecting the hose at the return port on the diverter block. Stick it in a clean bucket, set throttle to minimum, and start the tractor. You should get an immediate discharge of oil from the hose.

Dan
[/QUOTE
By the way, thank you for all the help. I appreciate it. Almost no flow comes from the return/discharge line on the loader. Also from the rear line on the valve to the back of the tractor. If I swap them at the control valve it seems overload the it and come out of the seal on the control valve stem, I have a stuck coupler on the green marked line in the 3 that go to the rear of the tractor from the FEL. If I can get it apart I am going to disconnect the loader and take it out of the loop.The discharge was very minimal at best when tested like you suggested

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Are you sure you are testing the correct hose? Power beyond flows constantly when the loader valve is in neutral. Tank return only flows when a spool on the loader is shifted. If you post a picture of the loader valve we can probably ID the ports for you.

Another easy test is to loop the two ports on the diverter block together with one of the hoses That will completely eliminate the loader valve and connect the 3pt directly to pump.

Dan

Last edited:

Jim K

Equipment
Aug 21, 2022
Loudon NH
Are you sure you are testing the correct hose? Power beyond flows constantly when the loader valve is in neutral. Tank return only flows when a spool on the loader is shifted. If you post a picture of the loader valve we can probably ID the ports for you.

Another easy test is to loop the two ports on the diverter block together with one of the hoses That will completely eliminate the loader valve and connect the 3pt directly to pump.

Dan
Thats a great idea, I will try that in the morning if I.m up to it. Just had a procedure down in Boston today so they have me on light duty. Thanks for the idea and I will post picture of bucket value as well. The valve I replaced the original with is a CHIEF HYDRAULIC LOADER VALVE 2 SPOOL JOYSTICK 10 GPM W/FLOAT SPOOL. I really like it, it works better that the original as far as the float function.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Thats a great idea, I will try that in the morning if I.m up to it. Just had a procedure down in Boston today so they have me on light duty. Thanks for the idea and I will post picture of bucket value as well. The valve I replaced the original with is a CHIEF HYDRAULIC LOADER VALVE 2 SPOOL JOYSTICK 10 GPM W/FLOAT SPOOL. I really like it, it works better that the original as far as the float function.
Hard to keep this sorted out. Two different people with different machines. It really should be separate threads.

I am familiar with that valve and its porting. Not that its likely to be your problem but I assume you purchased the power beyond sleeve to go with it?

Dan

Reactions: 1 user

Jim K

Equipment
Aug 21, 2022
Loudon NH
Hard to keep this sorted out. Two different people with different machines. It really should be separate threads.

I am familiar with that valve and its porting. Not that its likely to be your problem but I assume you purchased the power beyond sleeve to go with it?

Dan

TOMTRUTH

Equipment
Aug 28, 2022
CONNECTICUT

Dan
So I get no oil from the out/return back to the loader feed block on the side of the 3 point housing. The rear port on the valve flows slowly which is to the reservoir/trans case. This should only run when the loader is in use. This is all tested with loader at rest. I think the pressure return from the loader valve is blocked. Once I get the lines apart so I can loop then. Coupler is siezed. I will know. I’m going to take the valve apart if that the case.

Attachments

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
So I get no oil from the out/return back to the loader feed block on the side of the 3 point housing. The rear port on the valve flows slowly which is to the reservoir/trans case. This should only run when the loader is in use. This is all tested with loader at rest. I think the pressure return from the loader valve is blocked. Once I get the lines apart so I can loop then. Coupler is siezed. I will know. I’m going to take the valve apart if that the case.
Hydraulic outlet block is on the SIDE of the 3pt housing? According to the parts diagram is is on the FRONT. The PS block is on the side. I think a picture of that rear hookup would be informative.

Dan

1662316990463.png

TOMTRUTH

Equipment
Aug 28, 2022
CONNECTICUT
Hydraulic outlet block is on the SIDE of the 3pt housing? According to the parts diagram is is on the FRONT. The PS block is on the side. I think a picture of that rear hookup would be informative.

Dan

View attachment 86598
There was a bent spring inside the valve on one of the shuttle valves After replacing with a like spring I get a ton of flow out of the rear port. Which goes back to the block. My loader feed block is on the left side of the 3point housing. Still doesn’t work. Should the rear line be the pressure return to the 3 point.

TOMTRUTH

Equipment
Aug 28, 2022
CONNECTICUT
The block is definitely sandwiched against the PS feed block I’ll try again to post a picture.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
There was a bent spring inside the valve on one of the shuttle valves After replacing with a like spring I get a ton of flow out of the rear port. Which goes back to the block. My loader feed block is on the left side of the 3point housing. Still doesn’t work. Should the rear line be the pressure return to the 3 point.
Sounds like a spool was not returning to neutral but that should have screwed up loader operation.

The block is definitely sandwiched against the PS feed block I’ll try again to post a picture.
We need to identify where your connections are and vague verbal descriptions are not getting the job done. Let me try again. You have an L2350 tractor. Here is the pump circuit supplying everything. Pressure is delivered to tractor at a hydraulic block under the operators seat. Please post a picture of that area on YOUR tractor.

1662553406744.png

Here is the power steering block - please post a picture of that area on your tractor.

1662554033345.png

And finally here is a picture of the LB400 loader to tractor plumbing. The LA450 is the same. There are three hoses or tubes going to the rear. Please post a picture showing all three hoses/tubes and where they are connected.

1662554341456.png

Last edited:

TOMTRUTH

Equipment
Aug 28, 2022
CONNECTICUT
Hope these are ok.
The line to the IN on the loader valve comes from the block on the side of the 3 point as well as the rear most line marked green on the loader valve which I believe is the return to the block. The line to the rear of the 3 point is connected to the OUT on the loader valve returns oil to the sump/transmission.

Attachments

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
The line to the IN on the loader valve comes from the block on the side of the 3 point as well as the rear most line marked green on the loader valve which I believe is the return to the block. The line to the rear of the 3 point is connected to the OUT on the loader valve returns oil to the sump/transmission.
I think you have the tank and power beyond connections reversed. You are dumping the pressure return flow from the loader valve into the tank rather than the 3pt. The only thing going to the 3pt is the cylinder exhaust oil when a spool on the loader valve is shifted. See my annotated picture below.

Dan

1662601219298.png

Last edited:

TOMTRUTH

Equipment
Aug 28, 2022
CONNECTICUT
I think you have the tank and power beyond connections reversed. You are dumping the pressure return flow from the loader valve into the tank rather than the 3pt. The only thing going to the 3pt is the cylinder exhaust oil when a spool on the loader valve is shifted. See my annotated picture below.

Dan

View attachment 86754
So that is the way I have it hooked up. I’m waiting for a coupler to come in so I can loop the green line and eliminate the loader. The quick disconnect is frozen for that one line. The fluid will shoot about 3 feet at idle out of that power beyond elbow on the main loader valve. I was trying to avoid going into the three point hitch housing on the transmission but I guess I may have to. Again I stress that I appreciate all of your help

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
So that is the way I have it hooked up. I’m waiting for a coupler to come in so I can loop the green line and eliminate the loader. The quick disconnect is frozen for that one line. The fluid will shoot about 3 feet at idle out of that power beyond elbow on the main loader valve. I was trying to avoid going into the three point hitch housing on the transmission but I guess I may have to. Again I stress that I appreciate all of your help
Keep it simple and go one step at a time.

If you have flow out of the elbow the loader valve is working fine. Reconnect the elbow and disconnect the other end of the power beyond pipe at the outlet block and check for flow there. If none you have a problem with the power beyond plumbing between the valve and block.

Dan

Last edited:

TOMTRUTH

Equipment
Aug 28, 2022
CONNECTICUT
So I got back to the tractor. I have flow to and from the laolder block in the side of the 3 point. Still no movement. But I did notice depending on the position of the lift arms if I lift them by hand the three point lift handle will be pushed foreword by the linkage coming out of my three point housing. It is not strong but will push it foreword. And the power beyond line from the loader valve to the block is getting warm so there is flow.