3 POINT HITCH INOP

TOMTRUTH

Equipment
2350 TRACTOR,Bandit xp200,scag patriot
Aug 28, 2022
CONNECTICUT
I HAVE AN L2350 AND THE 3 POINT HITCH IS INOP. IT CAN BE MOVED UP AND DOWN EASILY WITH LITTLE EFFORT, ALL OTHER HYDRAULICS ARE FINE. STEERING AND OEM LOADER.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I HAVE AN L2350 AND THE 3 POINT HITCH IS INOP. IT CAN BE MOVED UP AND DOWN EASILY WITH LITTLE EFFORT, ALL OTHER HYDRAULICS ARE FINE. STEERING AND OEM LOADER.
We need more history. Did this condition come suddenly, did it come after recent work?
Who installed the loader and have any hoses or other changes been done recently?
How many hoses connect to your loader valve? 6 or 7
Typically the loader valve uses a power beyond circuit to supply the 3 pt hitch circuit which is why I suspect recent changes to loader stuff.
Does your tractor have any rear hydraulic remote outlets and if so do these supply pressure?
Dave

ferguson

Equipment
L3130
Jan 19, 2022
w.v.
There is a nob down in front of the seat / it turnes on & off HYD to the 3point / Yes i have made this blunder

TOMTRUTH

Equipment
Aug 28, 2022
CONNECTICUT
Has the loader been removed/disconnected recently?

Dan
NEVER TOOK IT OFF I WAS GOING TO DISCONNECT IT TO SEE IF ITS VALVE WAS THE ISSUE. IT HASNT WORKED EVER FOR ME. OBVIOUSLYN IT WOULD BE VERY USEFUL. THE TRACTOR IS AN EARLY 90s

TOMTRUTH

Equipment
Aug 28, 2022
CONNECTICUT
Follow the linkage back from the 3 point hitch lever... if the loader works, the 3 point hitch should work!!! Does it move at all? Does the 3 point hitch linkage "feel" like it's attached??? (resistance? or is it floppy?)
NO RESISTANCE AT ALL THE ARMS ARE FLOPPY. NO HYDRAULIC NOISE OR FLUIS FLOW NOISE AT ALL. I WAS GOING TO TAKE THE LOADER OUT OF THE LOOP BEFORE I PULL STUFF APART

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
NEVER TOOK IT OFF I WAS GOING TO DISCONNECT IT TO SEE IF ITS VALVE WAS THE ISSUE. IT HASNT WORKED EVER FOR ME. OBVIOUSLYN IT WOULD BE VERY USEFUL. THE TRACTOR IS AN EARLY 90s
Ordinarily the loader valve feeds the 3pt. I thought you said in your first post that the loader was working normally.

Dan

TOMTRUTH

Equipment
Aug 28, 2022
CONNECTICUT
We need more history. Did this condition come suddenly, did it come after recent work?
Who installed the loader and have any hoses or other changes been done recently?
How many hoses connect to your loader valve? 6 or 7
Typically the loader valve uses a power beyond circuit to supply the 3 pt hitch circuit which is why I suspect recent changes to loader stuff.
Does your tractor have any rear hydraulic remote outlets and if so do these supply pressure?
Dave
ITS AN EARLY 90s L2350. THE LOADER AND STEERING WORK. 3 POINT WAS AS IS WHEN I RECEIVED TRACTOR WHICH SAT FOR A BIT, . THE CLUTCH WAS RUSTED TO THE FLYWHEEL. THE LOADER IS A KUBOTA LOADER. THERE IS NO NOISE CHANGE OR ANY RESISTANCE IN THE ARMS NO MATTER RPM OR THE LEVER POSITION. EVERYTHING FEELS LIKE IT ISN'T CONNECTED TO ANYTHING. ONLY OTHER POSSIBLE CLUE IS WHEN DRIVING AT MODERATE SPEED THERE IS A CLANKING TYPE NOISE IN THE REAR AXLE AREA KIND OF MATCHED TO WHEEL SPEED . PROB NOT RELATED. I AM A DIESEL/TRUCK/CAR/EQUIPMENT MECHANIC AND WORK ON A LOT OF LARGE EQUIPMENT. I ADMIT UP FRONT THAT THIS IS MY FIRST TANGLE WITH A 3 POINT AND GO FIGURE IT IS MINE. I APPRECIATE YOUR TIME AND EFFORT. I WAS GOING TO TAKE THE LOADER OUT OF THE CIRCUIT AS THE FIRST STEP BEFORE I TAKE ANYTHING APART .

TOMTRUTH

Equipment
Aug 28, 2022
CONNECTICUT
Ordinarily the loader valve feeds the 3pt. I thought you said in your first post that the loader was working normally.

Dan
YES THE LOADER AND STEERING WORK FINE. I FIGURED MAYBE THE LOADER VALVE WAS RESTRICTING THE FLUID TO THE 3 POINT ? SO IF I TAKE IT OUT OF THE LOOP IT WILL ELIMINATE THAT ISSUE IF ITS AT FAULT

TOMTRUTH

Equipment
Aug 28, 2022
CONNECTICUT
ITS AN EARLY 90s L2350. THE LOADER AND STEERING WORK. 3 POINT WAS AS IS WHEN I RECEIVED TRACTOR WHICH SAT FOR A BIT, . THE CLUTCH WAS RUSTED TO THE FLYWHEEL. THE LOADER IS A KUBOTA LOADER. THERE IS NO NOISE CHANGE OR ANY RESISTANCE IN THE ARMS NO MATTER RPM OR THE LEVER POSITION. EVERYTHING FEELS LIKE IT ISN'T CONNECTED TO ANYTHING. ONLY OTHER POSSIBLE CLUE IS WHEN DRIVING AT MODERATE SPEED THERE IS A CLANKING TYPE NOISE IN THE REAR AXLE AREA KIND OF MATCHED TO WHEEL SPEED . PROB NOT RELATED. I AM A DIESEL/TRUCK/CAR/EQUIPMENT MECHANIC AND WORK ON A LOT OF LARGE EQUIPMENT. I ADMIT UP FRONT THAT THIS IS MY FIRST TANGLE WITH A 3 POINT AND GO FIGURE IT IS MINE. I APPRECIATE YOUR TIME AND EFFORT. I WAS GOING TO TAKE THE LOADER OUT OF THE CIRCUIT AS THE FIRST STEP BEFORE I TAKE ANYTHING APART .
NO REAR HOOKUPS. ALL HYD LINES WERE ORIGIONAL ON EVERYTHING ALSO. IT WAS INOP WHEN I RECEIVED IT.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
How do you
YES THE LOADER AND STEERING WORK FINE. I FIGURED MAYBE THE LOADER VALVE WAS RESTRICTING THE FLUID TO THE 3 POINT ? SO IF I TAKE IT OUT OF THE LOOP IT WILL ELIMINATE THAT ISSUE IF ITS AT FAULT
I suspect the loader tank return and power beyond plumbing is reversed and you are by passing the 3pt. Do you understand that plumbing and which lines are which?

That tractor was available with both draft and position control. Does your machine have the draft control option?

Dan

Reactions: 1 user

TOMTRUTH

Equipment
Aug 28, 2022
CONNECTICUT
IT'S A 7 LINE VALVE I SWAPPED THE LINES THAT RUN FROM THE LOADER BLOCK ON THE SIDE TO THE 3 POINT TOP COVER AND IT ALMOST STALLS TRACTOR. ONE THING NOTED IS THE LINE TO THE TOP REAR OF THE 3 POINT AREA NEVER GETS FLUID TO IT NORMALLY. A LITTLE WENT THERE WHEN THE BUCKET IS CURLED. I ALSO PULLED THE CAP AND VALVE ON THE LEFT SIDE RIGHT UNDER THE FEED FROM THE PUMP. THE SPRING IS GOOD AND THE VALVE IS FREE. NO DIRT CORROSION OR WEAR. I DID NOTICE THERE WAS NO TENSION ON THE CAP WHEN I THREADED IT BACK IN FROM WHEAT SEEMED TO BE A VERY STOUT SPRING

TOMTRUTH

Equipment
Aug 28, 2022
CONNECTICUT
How do you

I suspect the loader tank return and power beyond plumbing is reversed and you are by passing the 3pt. Do you understand that plumbing and which lines are which?

That tractor was available with both draft and position control. Does your machine have the draft control option?

Dan
NO DRAFT OPTION

IT'S A 7 LINE VALVE I SWAPPED THE LINES THAT RUN FROM THE LOADER BLOCK ON THE SIDE TO THE 3 POINT TOP COVER AND IT ALMOST STALLS TRACTOR. ONE THING NOTED IS THE LINE TO THE TOP REAR OF THE 3 POINT AREA NEVER GETS FLUID TO IT NORMALLY. A LITTLE WENT THERE WHEN THE BUCKET IS CURLED. I ALSO PULLED THE CAP AND VALVE ON THE LEFT SIDE RIGHT UNDER THE FEED FROM THE PUMP. THE SPRING IS GOOD AND THE VALVE IS FREE. NO DIRT CORROSION OR WEAR. I DID NOTICE THERE WAS NO TENSION ON THE CAP WHEN I THREADED IT BACK IN FROM WHEAT SEEMED TO BE A VERY STOUT SPRING

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
NO DRAFT OPTION

You need to identify the lines connecting the loader valve to the tractor and connect them correctly.
  1. The pressure out port on the diverter goes to pressure in on the loader valve.
  2. The power beyond port on the loader valve goes to implement return port on the three point diverter.
  3. The tank return line on the loader valve goes to the hydrauluc filler.
Sounds like yours are mixed up.

Dan

TOMTRUTH

Equipment
Aug 28, 2022
CONNECTICUT
You need to identify the lines connecting the loader valve to the tractor and connect them correctly.
  1. The pressure out port on the diverter goes to pressure in on the loader valve.
  2. The power beyond port on the loader valve goes to implement return port on the three point diverter.
  3. The tank return line on the loader valve goes to the hydrauluc filler.
Sounds like yours are mixed up.

Dan
I am having trouble finding the schematic for which lines they are. I have an LA450s loader with a 7 line valve If i trace the lines it appears the original colors are matched on the lines ?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I am having trouble finding the schematic for which lines they are. I have an LA450s loader with a 7 line valve If i trace the lines it appears the original colors are matched on the lines ?
The parts diagram identifies the 3 hoses and connections.

Dsn

TOMTRUTH

Equipment
Aug 28, 2022
CONNECTICUT
The parts diagram identifies the 3 hoses and connections.

Dsn
I found the schematic. It appears to be plumbed correctly. Can the inner spool of the loader valve fail and cut the flow to the 3 point just like it would if you were using the loader? I noticed that the handle for the 3 point lift is getting pushed away from the lift position with slight pressure while the tractor is running.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I found the schematic. It appears to be plumbed correctly. Can the inner spool of the loader valve fail and cut the flow to the 3 point just like it would if you were using the loader? I noticed that the handle for the 3 point lift is getting pushed away from the lift position with slight pressure while the tractor is running.
Possibly but probability is low. You can verify flow is or is not going to the 3pt by disconnecting the hose at the return port on the diverter block. Stick it in a clean bucket, set throttle to minimum, and start the tractor. You should get an immediate discharge of oil from the hose.

Dan