3 point hitch help

kub3700

Equipment
2012 MX5100 HST
Sep 30, 2010
United States
Hey guys since this 3700 is my first tractor, Im not real familiar with how the TPH should be adjusted. When using a box blade or a rotary cutter should there be any movement? The tractor was delivered with the bushhog attached and it didnt seem to move side to side, until I put the box blade on. Originally it was hanging way left of center, I moved the adjustment bolts so it was center and then tighten them so the box blade didnt move at all. Is this correct? or should there be some play (side to side) on implements

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Unless you have a need for running the implement all the way to one side I would run it in the center. I try to run mine in the center as close as possible. As far as the movement goes. I don't like mine to move around very much. The biggest reason is because it's possible to turn over if you were on a slope and turned and the implement slammed from one side to the other. The more it can move the less control you have over it and the less the stability is. I wouldn't try to lock it down where it can't move at all but you don't need much movement. The main concern is to make sure it doesn't move much in the fully raised possition.

GWD

Equipment
M7040, L48 TLB, BX2200
Jan 8, 2010
Northern California
It is probably best to let ground engaging implements be a bit loose. Box scrapers, blades, rakes, middle busters, subsoilers, rototillers, plows, 3 point discs, etc. tend to hit things and need to move. Otherwise your tractor and the 3 PH take the brunt of the abuse.

Things like mowers, post hole diggers, chippers, and the like can be adjusted tighter.

Jimmysal

Equipment
B1750HST, RC60 MMM, LA300 FEL, TSC 48" BoxBlade, PTO Dbar chains tongs old Stihl
Aug 26, 2010
Vermont
The Operator's Manual for my B1750 calls out the amount of lateral play that each type of implement should have in the same table where it calls out the size/weights of implements my tractor can handle. Check there.

bcallaha

Equipment
B7800 w/Loader
Apr 1, 2010
Chandler, Indiana
I have a related question. I have owned older Ford tractors, and you can limit lateral movement with stablizer bars. I'm a new owner to Kubota. How do you "tighten" down the implement to prevent so much lateral movement on the Kubota? I'm at a loss there.

Thanks
Brad

bcallaha

Equipment
B7800 w/Loader
Apr 1, 2010
Chandler, Indiana
Bulldog, thanks for your reply!! I have a B7800, and there are two links with turnbuckles (one on each side) that go from halfway up on the lift arms on the inside, to just below and to the side of the PTO. Where they hook beneath the PTO, it pivots, which allows side-to-side movement. There is a drawbar on the lift arms, but the whole lift arm assembly swings side-to-side. I haven't tried tightening the turnbuckles yet because I can't see that it will stop the lateral movement since they pivot. Maybe it will, but I can't see it!!

I bought the tractor used, and when I was looking at the lift arms, I noticed that on the inside of some of the lugs on one of the tires has cuts/gouges where it looks like a nut on the lift arms had rubbed against the tire. If I didn't describe the links well enough, maybe I can figure out how to post a picture.

Thanks for your help!!
Brad

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
If everything is installed correctly the turnbuckles will fix you right up. Hook a implement up to the 3pt and have it centered behind the tractor. Tighten both turnbuckles up but remember all you need is to stop movement. Your not binding down a load with them. All you need is to get them tight enough to keep it from going everywhere. A little movement is good. If you make them so tight that it has no side to side movement it will be in such a bind that you will break the stabilizers or worse. Hope this helps.