3 point down pressure .. How 2?

Potteryone

Equipment
KUBOTA B2620 & KUBOTA B7100 W/ ATTACHMENTS
May 8, 2013
Inwood, WV USA
I have a B2620 and a B7100 .. interested in putting a power top link? or other solution to get downward force on attachments.

Thanks
P1

Kubota Newbie

Equipment
M4500, New Idea Cut-Ditioner, JD 14T Baler, IH "Plow Chief" plows, Oliver Rake
Dec 28, 2010
Mount Vernon, Ohio
You're out of luck. There isn't any way to really do it. Even if you have a cyl on for the top link the lower arms will just pivot up and still let the implement float.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
You're out of luck. There isn't any way to really do it. Even if you have a cyl on for the top link the lower arms will just pivot up and still let the implement float.
x2. Changing the angle may help the implement to dig in better, but it won't provide down pressure. You could draw the cylinder back, then chain the arms down to the drawbar. Then, when extending the cylinder, it would exert down pressure, but you would not be able to control height. It isn't much of a solution.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
You really dont want a great deal of down pressure on something. No more so then the weight of the impliment and a little extra is fine. You run to much of a chance snagging something you wont see under ground and break something in half.

Stubbyie

Jul 1, 2010
Midcontinent
Depends on our implement.

An auger should screw itself into the soil and if it doesn't you need to mount it on the loader (driven hydraulically) to get some down-pressure.

But for a disk or plow or drag or harrow, there are a lot of old stuff around that's had chunks of broken sidewalk or railroad scrap rail chained onto it to add weight. Build a small rockbox to fit your implement and fill with concrete (see discussion this forum recently about sizing such a box).

Please post back and advise how you proceed so we may all benefit.

Kubota Newbie

Equipment
M4500, New Idea Cut-Ditioner, JD 14T Baler, IH "Plow Chief" plows, Oliver Rake
Dec 28, 2010
Mount Vernon, Ohio
That's one of the reasons I loved the two point "Fast-Hitch" on our old Farmall tractor. Had down pressure when needed, could float it if you wanted and had draft control. All in one neat package without that stupid top-link and all those annoying pins.

Tx Jim

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040 HDC-1,JD 4255,Ford 6700
Apr 30, 2013
Coyote Flats,Texas
Potteryone
OR another option would be to trade your Kubota for a Belarus :) as they are one of the few newer model tractors with DP on 3pt.

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
The problem with using down pressure on the 3pt is that when you do that, you take pressure off of the tires and therefore you have less traction to pull the implement that you just put that tractive force onto. It really is best to have the weight with the implement.

Potteryone

Equipment
KUBOTA B2620 & KUBOTA B7100 W/ ATTACHMENTS
May 8, 2013
Inwood, WV USA
Thank for all the feedback .. working on an arm that will lift a weight ..and put DP on my PHD .. the ground around here is brutal .. will post progress and photos if it works ..
P!

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Ahhhh I see the remark about the fat girl has been removed,,, And as far as the down pressure goes don't do it take your time and go over and over and over the ground till its broken up where you want it,,, Aint no point in tearin up your equipment just to try and get done quick, Slow and steady I know the area your in and that's the only way to go slow and steady