2k Kubota paint

dannyboyski

Equipment
Kubota b1400 with loader
Jul 26, 2021
Uk
My experience of car paint has been that nothing touches the finish of 2k.

Does anyone know of any 2k paint in kubota orange? can't seem to find anything.

Thanks

sardillim

Equipment
b2650
Nov 24, 2019
Easton
What I've done in the past when I've had to repaint my hood is to bring the hood to the local paint distributor and they'll scan it and come up with a formula for automotive paint.. they can also do it in a single stage enamel or a two stage if you want any paint supplier can do this for you

P/s i used Nason single stage enamel

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Yes we had a local shop match and spray a few hoods and fenders for us. I'll see if I can get him to give me the information.

Nicksacco

Equipment
Kubota L35 TLB
Sep 15, 2021
Bahama, NC
I have purchased and used the Kubota paint (obtained from the dealer) in my restoration process. I thin it 4:1 with the recommended Xylene and have had very good results - not being a professional painter.
I'm curious why did you all not go with Kubota paint? Is it that the 2K paints are so much better? Longer lasting?

dannyboyski

Equipment
Kubota b1400 with loader
Jul 26, 2021
Uk
I have purchased and used the Kubota paint (obtained from the dealer) in my restoration process. I thin it 4:1 with the recommended Xylene and have had very good results - not being a professional painter.
I'm curious why did you all not go with Kubota paint? Is it that the 2K paints are so much better? Longer lasting?
I'm by no means an expert, but have dabbled with painting bits on cars. The 2k finish in my experience is harder, smoother, flatter, just generally better. i suspect it'll last longer too. I admit i haven't tried the kubota 1k enamel as yet.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Valspar enamel also offers an excellent Kubota (#2) color, and when used with hardener, it is a very tough OEM match coating.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

bbxlr8

Equipment
L2501 w/R14s, LA525, BH77, SGC0660, CL 5' BB, CL PHD, WG24 + Ford 1210 60" mmm,
Mar 29, 2021
Eastern PA
This comment is a level way down from using a gun or doing a hood with 2K and I am curious to see what others have to say.

FWIW - I just sprayed out an "ammo-can" toolbox using the dealer spray can this weekend. It laid down well and matches my factory paint in the sun. I also tried the Rustoleum version and the color is close enough for implements etc. but very, very slightly off of the OEM. Of course, these will not match the hardness of 2K paint or powder coat, but that is the plus when it comes to budget! ;)

I

Dieseldonato

Equipment
B7510 hydro, yanmar ym146, cub cadet 1450, 582,782
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
2k if done right is great, but no comparison to a good oem finish or for the most part oem paint. Most equipment paint dries harder and has much better fade and chalking resistance rhen your typical automotive paint. A favorite at the machine shop was valspar if no oem paints could be had. Cat paint and case paint seemed to be very good as well. Especially when the appropriate harder was added. Now we also use a greyco electrostatic paint system for application so it was fairly hard to mess up the application and for some reason laied down a very flat smooth paint job. I have to pay a lot more attention when using a standard hvlp pain gun to get the same results.

Nicksacco

Equipment
Kubota L35 TLB
Sep 15, 2021
Bahama, NC
Hmmm good info. Thanks!
I'll have to try the valspar with hardener - I still have painting to do.