2601 Electrical Issue

PorkBolt

Equipment
B2601, 60" MMM, SSQA FEL, Kubota Ballast Box
Sep 22, 2015
Elburn, Illinois
Hi all-

B2601 approx 500 hours; zero issues until Sunday morning. Tried starting and nothing even after a jump attempt. Here are the symptoms:

-no “clicking” from starter
-ignition powers all circuits (accessories, glow, and starter)
-wire from the ignition switch to relay module is working, however the black/white wire to solenoid does not power when ignition turned to start.
-battery is fine
-motor is not seized
-starter and solenoid move freely with no historical issues
-unit is in neutral and PTO off position
-unit was outside that night so I did check for critters or other sabotage- none to report
-basically have stripped the unit down searching for the issue
-plenty of clean fuel
-this all happened after fall cleanup and running the unit for approx 3-4 hours

So I am thing safety switch from PTO or treadle pedal. Does anyone have experience with issues of this sort?

is there a way to trick the safety switches to further analyze if the relay board is the issue?

Thanks

m7060

Lifetime Member
Jul 13, 2014
london, ky
Hi all-

B2601 approx 500 hours; zero issues until Sunday morning. Tried starting and nothing even after a jump attempt. Here are the symptoms:

-no “clicking” from starter
-ignition powers all circuits (accessories, glow, and starter)
-wire from the ignition switch to relay module is working, however the black/white wire to solenoid does not power when ignition turned to start.
-battery is fine
-motor is not seized
-starter and solenoid move freely with no historical issues
-unit is in neutral and PTO off position
-unit was outside that night so I did check for critters or other sabotage- none to report
-basically have stripped the unit down searching for the issue
-plenty of clean fuel
-this all happened after fall cleanup and running the unit for approx 3-4 hours

So I am thing safety switch from PTO or treadle pedal. Does anyone have experience with issues of this sort?

is there a way to trick the safety switches to further analyze if the relay board is the issue?

Thanks
I would tend to agree with you about a safety switch. Most safety switches can be bypassed for testing by pulling the connector and shorting across the terminals with a jumper wire. Good luck.

Reactions: 1 user

Rdrcr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 w/ S2T Turbo Kit = 35 PTO HP (Current), B2601 (Sold)
May 7, 2021
WA
I had a no start issue with my B2601 when new. I personally didn’t fix it, the dealer retrieved the tractor from my property and fixed it at their facility. My B2601 had a loose starter solenoid wire if memory serves me correctly.

Before they picked it up I went through all the switches and couldn’t find the issue. Thankfully, the dealer was able to determine and correct the issue.

Mike

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Seat safety switch and HST safety switch would be my first two points. Next would be PTO safety.

Reactions: 1 user

PorkBolt

Equipment
B2601, 60" MMM, SSQA FEL, Kubota Ballast Box
Sep 22, 2015
Elburn, Illinois
Seat safety switch and HST safety switch would be my first two points. Next would be PTO safety.
Thanks for the reply. After replacing safety switches and control board......still no start. Found that the headlight panel fuse (10 amp) blown. Replaced....blew again. Traced back to the lighting/operational switch. Upon removing the switch, tractor now starts, runs normally. When applying a continuity tester to all the individual terminals on the switch, the solid yellow wire provided a dead short. Any idea what this feeds? I have tried to find a corrosion/dead short but cannot locate.

Several online sources claim that the tractor will not start without this fuse. Any insight would be great.