2023 L2502

Rdrcr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 w/ S2T Turbo Kit = 35 PTO HP (Current), B2601 (Sold)
May 7, 2021
WA
So it appears Kubota is going to offer a replacement for the L2501, the new 2023 L2502 with much of the same features and amenities as the new L3302 and L3902.

I really like the improvements Kubota added to the L3302/L3902 so I’m very interested to see the pricing on the new L2502 tractor. I’m expecting it to be much pricier than the L2501.

I’ll probably head down to my dealer in the next couple weeks to let them know I’m interested and I want to see one when it arrives.

Mike

Reactions: 1 users

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I think it's got some good changes, but not worth it to me to trade. Brakes on the left is cool except I never need to use them except to put the parking brake on. Btw, I live in MT on relatively steep property. That is, I never park my manual Mustang unless it is perpendicular to the slope even with E brake on. It wouldn't be much fun to collect it 1/4 mile down the hill. :D

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
I don't believe the other models had a big price jump. But other things are driving prices than just costs, so maybe.

The brakes on the left would be very useful for steering brakes. Which I never use, but in theory might one day. (My B2601 has brakes on the left). The floor mats would be worth it, but you can buy them and add them anyway.

tractorX

Equipment
KUBOTA L2501 DT 5' BOX BLADE 42" FORKS PIRANHA TB 5' BUSH HOG 6' GRADER
Sep 27, 2013
Rock Spring GA.
Messick's Equipment shot this video at the Kubota dealers meeting. go to 08:42 for the new l2502 & l4702

Reactions: 1 user

jkrubi12

Equipment
B2601/LA435/QA54"/BH70/B8160box/BB1254/PFL1242/SGC0554/WC-68 Chipper
Sep 24, 2012
right coast
IIRC Neil mentioned something related to the center hump being greatly diminished or smaller which should play well with any new floor mats.

X-Pup

Equipment
L2501, 526 Loader W/QC LP RCF2060 Cutter, BB 1260-82, 3RD Function, top&Tilt
Nov 13, 2022
Washington
The ergonomic changes are a welcome touch. The question I have is, are they keeping it mechanical?

The reason I'm eying the L2501 is the simplicity. And of course, the upgrade potential.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
The ergonomic changes are a welcome touch. The question I have is, are they keeping it mechanical?

The reason I'm eying the L2501 is the simplicity. And of course, the upgrade potential.
What do you mean by mechanical?

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ

I think the engine is the same. The PTO clutch has moved to a switch, so it must not be mechanical any more. I think that's probably a good thing. And the transmission is of course whatever you buy - gear drive or HST. I'd get the HST personally.

Rdrcr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 7, 2021
WA
^^^
I’m assuming the engine will remain mechanical and the same as the L2501. I’m looking forward to seeing this tractor when my dealer gets one in.

Mike

AGMartin

Equipment
2021 L2501HST with LA525 FEL and BH77 backhoe
Aug 29, 2021
Bainbridge Island WA
I stopped by the Kubota Dealer in Olympia WA on Monday. First thing I noticed about the new L2502 is that it’s made in USA, NOT made in Japan like my 2021 L2501 Does that matter? It was a consideration when I decided to buy my tractor but perhaps it’s semantics

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I stopped by the Kubota Dealer in Olympia WA on Monday. First thing I noticed about the new L2502 is that it’s made in USA, NOT made in Japan like my 2021 L2501 Does that matter? It was a consideration when I decided to buy my tractor but perhaps it’s semantics
I'm pretty sure the L2501's were made in the USA too????

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yea very possible, I do believe all the engines are still being made over there, but then again some are being made in china too, so you never know.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
I believe that many models are made in multiple locations. My B2601 for example was made in Japan (I'm not in the US).

I also believe that over the last couple years they did import some models to the US market that previously were exclusively US made for US sale. Demand was high in the US, and people wanted tractors.

I'm not American, so probably my view is different than an American's might be. But they're the same tractor made to the same spec. In general I find Japanese made things to be better made than US-made things. There's generally an attention to detail that isn't as typical in the US. Similarly to having German made things (I once looked at a set of nail clippers that were German made, and could be disassembled and sharpened. They were beautiful, although I didn't really need a $60 set of nail clippers so I didn't buy them).

YMMV, but I certainly wouldn't see Japanese made as a barrier.

Reactions: 4 users

AGMartin

Equipment
2021 L2501HST with LA525 FEL and BH77 backhoe
Aug 29, 2021
Bainbridge Island WA
I believe that many models are made in multiple locations. My B2601 for example was made in Japan (I'm not in the US).

I also believe that over the last couple years they did import some models to the US market that previously were exclusively US made for US sale. Demand was high in the US, and people wanted tractors.

I'm not American, so probably my view is different than an American's might be. But they're the same tractor made to the same spec. In general I find Japanese made things to be better made than US-made things. There's generally an attention to detail that isn't as typical in the US. Similarly to having German made things (I once looked at a set of nail clippers that were German made, and could be disassembled and sharpened. They were beautiful, although I didn't really need a $60 set of nail clippers so I didn't buy them).

YMMV, but I certainly wouldn't see Japanese made as a barrier.
I saw “Made in Japan” as an attribute as well but more specifically, the entire base tractor was made/assembled in one specific place as opposed to the numerous parts and pieces from various places assembled in another location. I also preferred to have a mechanical fuel system with no computer controlled anything.
My L2501 has performed flawlessly and well above its weight class. My local Kubota Dealer however…
Perhaps for another thread but I had driven to the Kubota Dealer in Olympia WA (1.5 hrs) to check out their service department as my more local Kubota Dealer (20 minutes) has been pathetic with communication and workmanship. There’s been a number of small yet avoidable annoyances but the last straw was when they finally installed my 3rd function remote nearly a year after I purchased the tractor I discovered they’d used 5 conductor 28 awg direct burial irrigation control wire to power the solenoid. They cut off 3 of the 5 solid conductors, loosely crimped on a low quality ring terminal for the battery end then ran 5 feet of this wire through the engine compartment UNFUSED, then added a fuse above the brake pedal assemble where my boot could easily get tangled up in the mess. They connected the loosely crimped ring terminal to the battery but neglected to retighten the battery post clamp and replace the red rubber protective boot. When I spoke to the store manager about this he referred to his own service department personnel as “clowns” but offered no remedy or compensation for my time and materials to rewire it properly and safely. After that I decided I can no longer trust them. Their reputation in our community is very bad, I should have heeded the warnings and bought my tractor in Olympia where I was greeted with courtesy and professionalism. I even met the actual owner of this Kubota
IMG_7845.jpeg
Dealership who works in the front of the store everyday.

• Wow

Rdrcr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 7, 2021
WA
^^^^
Yes, J&I in Olympia is good. I've purchased two tractors from them and their service department has never let me down. I also work with Jennings Equipment (Kubota Dealer) in Chehalis and they are great! I will purchase my next tractor from them.

Mike