2020 Revision Of BX2380 Has A Protective Fan Cover - According To Kubota Salesman

TheKubotaKing

Equipment
Kubota BX2380, with standard front loader, and LandPride rear blade ( 60 inch )
Nov 2, 2020
United States
So I have some interesting news....... talked to a Kubota salesman this week and he told me the 2020 revision of the BX2380 has a new upgraded protective covering over that plastic fan. This is the fan that is under the body of the tractor. That fan propeller that many have broken while driving over brush, etc...

I wonder if anyone has a 2020 revision ? .... from what I understand, the BX2380 has been around since 2018, and this means 2020 would be the 3rd revision. I am not sure if the 2019 model has no protective grill at all, but am sure the 2018 revision had nothing. There was no grill or protective covering. So basically you could put your hand into that area and touch the fan propeller. The salesman told me there is now a grill, but it does have small holes, that would still allow sticks to get in there, if you were driving through brush.

countryboy9799

Equipment
BX2380
May 23, 2020
MN
I have a 2020 and when I looked at it the fan it looked like it had a shield in place.

Reactions: 1 user

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
The shield - if it is the same shield - has been on the BX series from 2013 on - now that little bitty shield is better than none at all- but I dont think it is 100% effective. Then again - most have a MMM under or under armor there. I wonder if they now have upgraded that shield.

fan shield.jpg

TheKubotaKing

Equipment
Nov 2, 2020
United States
The shield - if it is the same shield - has been on the BX series from 2013 on - now that little bitty shield is better than none at all- but I dont think it is 100% effective. Then again - most have a MMM under or under armor there. I wonder if they now have upgraded that shield.

View attachment 50602
Good morning, that's interesting. I've never seen that shield. On one YouTube video I saw for a BX2380, the guy showed the fan, you could see the white-ish propeller, and there was absolutely nothing there like a grill. You could put your hand up and touch the blades of the fan. Zero protection.... so without moving anything you could see the fan propeller ! So maybe it's different on other models of BX. Very interesting picture you posted btw. Thanks for the input !

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
Kubota king are you saying you have no shield on yours?

TheKubotaKing

Equipment
Nov 2, 2020
United States
Kubota king are you saying you have no shield on yours?
I have yet to get my BX2380, it's on order, hopefully coming in 2 week or less. I was just happy to hear that they ( Kubota ) has listened to its clients and have upgraded that area. I will still buy the skid plate though. That said - I wonder if you must remove the skid plate when you put the MidMountMower ( MMM ) on the tractor ? .... I have no clue ! maybe that is what you must do.... hmmmm

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I have yet to get my BX2380, it's on order, hopefully coming in 2 week or less. I was just happy to hear that they ( Kubota ) has listened to its clients and have upgraded that area. I will still buy the skid plate though. That said - I wonder if you must remove the skid plate when you put the MidMountMower ( MMM ) on the tractor ? .... I have no clue ! maybe that is what you must do.... hmmmm
Yes you will have to remove the skid plate to place the MMM on ....

I will tell you this - I do not even lower the level of the arms to remove the skid plate. I have mine locked in the upper most position - and simple PUSH up slightly (1/8") and pop the one side pin out - get to the other side and do the same- It is only pinned in two places - Hell - it takes me longer to get up from the floor than to remove the plate!:D

atitus

Equipment
BX1880+FEL,MMM,Blower
Feb 11, 2019
Worcester, MA
I have 2018 BX 1880. Not sure if there would be different design w.r.t HST fan protection between the two, but, mine has a metal guard BELOW the fan. It certainly cuts down the angles which something could poke in there. But it doesn't completely protect it. It's not like a cage around the fan or anything. Wonder if that is what kubota rep was talking about, or, if there is something new more like an actual cage?

MyBX

Equipment
BX1880, BX2812 snow blade, carry-all, Husqvarna cart, YardRack
Aug 24, 2020
Canada
I have a 2018 BX1880 and it has the same HST fan cover in the picture by 85Hokie. I do remove the cover to change the HST filter though. It's held on with 4 bolts.