2017 Kubota B2650 with slow front end loader

timlc

Equipment
Kubota b2650, landpride 60" finish mower
Jan 6, 2018
Rhode Island
I have a B2650 with front end loader. All functions on front end loader work as they should except the bucket tip function is VEEEEERRY slow. I've taken off the quick connects and cleaned them and made sure the nipples are free moving.
I also swapped the hoses for tip and curl and the problem then tranferred to the curl function, so I'm thinking its a problem with the valve(?) but I have no idea even where to begin to check anything. Tractor has 95 hours and is a 2017 model. Thank you in advance for any help or advice.

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
What kind of RPM's are your running?

RPM's are your friend with the hydraulic system.

If not an RPM issue, switch your lift lines with the curl lines on the QC's, and see if the problem follows to the lift function. That would mean valve problem. Not sure what you meant by switching "Tip" and "Curl"

If it doesn't follow, then it's a cylinder issue.

Since you have 2 on your bucket curl, notice any "torque" or lag in the curl, meaning one side is binding/not working?

EDIT: Reading your post again, sounds like a valve problem, but make sure you swapped the correct hoses to diagnose the problem.You need to swap all 4 lines, not just 2.

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Try moving the lever farther, it's equipped with regen (fast Dump), and the first stop of the valve will go slow, the second stop will go faster. ;)

timlc

Equipment
Jan 6, 2018
Rhode Island
Thank you RCW, I'll try that in the morning, I did only switch the two bucket lines when I was looking at it earlier today.
When I dump it goes fast so I don't think its a cylinder issue, both bucket cylinders are free moving with no lag on curl, lag only happens on dump.

It also goes slow in both joystick positions.
Tractor is still under warranty so hopefully Kubota will take care of the fix if it is the valve.

timlc

Equipment
Jan 6, 2018
Rhode Island
So I've tried everything folks suggested above and still no difference in dump speed. I guess I'll have to take it in for service. Still under warranty so hopefully it won't cost me anything. Thank you all for your suggestions.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
We have the same issue. What did the dealer repair or what was the problem?
timic's last visit here on OTT was that post...he never came back to report what fixed it.

I hope if you find your issue, you will come back to report what worked. it makes Orange Tractor Talks a valuable resource..

I think the advice that was offered back then is still valid.

I would start by disconnecting/reconnecting the quick connects, especially if the FEL has been off/on recently. Sometimes the QC's seem seated, but they're not quite......

Last edited:

maclean

Equipment
BX25D
Jun 25, 2014
Lowell, Or
I had bits of one of my damper seals stuck in mine...took awhile to pick the little chunks out...and then rebuild the tilt cylinder...