2015 M7060 Regen question

Bruce Melde

Equipment
BX25 M7060HD Z121
Mar 22, 2020
Hutto Texas
Hi all,
I have a new to me 2015 M7060. I bought it with 370 hours on it. it now has 390 hours and I have had to park regen it 3 times in that period as per the flashing light on the dash. I just watched a Messicks video that stated some of the earlier regen tractors had a button you had to push every time you used the tractor to make the auto regen system work. the the engineers changed it so it would auto regen. Does anyone know at what serial number the change took place? My RPM up light only comes on when I push what according to the manual should be the inhibit button. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks Bruce

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Hi all,
I have a new to me 2015 M7060. I bought it with 370 hours on it. it now has 390 hours and I have had to park regen it 3 times in that period as per the flashing light on the dash. I just watched a Messicks video that stated some of the earlier regen tractors had a button you had to push every time you used the tractor to make the auto regen system work. the the engineers changed it so it would auto regen. Does anyone know at what serial number the change took place? My RPM up light only comes on when I push what according to the manual should be the inhibit button. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks Bruce
What does the button look like? When they made the change referred to in the Messicks video, they also changed the appearance of the button. 3 parked regens in 20 hours is unusual. Something is not quite right, if you have the old style, as I do, are you missing the flashing light for a long time? Look at the dpf filling display on the intellipanel.

Reactions: 1 user

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
M7060 sr # 10001 to 10107, 50001 to 54489
No code has to be inserted here.
Hi all,
M7060 sr # 10001 to 10107, 50001 to 54489

Reactions: 1 user

Bruce Melde

Equipment
BX25 M7060HD Z121
Mar 22, 2020
Hutto Texas
What does the button look like? When they made the change referred to in the Messicks video, they also changed the appearance of the button. 3 parked regens in 20 hours is unusual. Something is not quite right, if you have the old style, as I do, are you missing the flashing light for a long time? Look at the dpf filling display on the intellipanel.
There is a cluster of four square buttons on the right side of the steering column. The top left is suppose to be the regen according to the manual It never lights up. The top right is suppose to be inhibit. They are both the same color and the markings are worn off them. When you push the top right button, it lights up. If running at low rpm, with the top right button activated, the increase throttle light will start blinking until you manually increase the throttle.

IMG_3287[32].jpg

Last edited:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
What is the procedure as called out in the owners manual?

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I did not get the original manual so I had to download one. The manual number is 1AGAIJHAP125A. I follow the regen instructions as outlined on pgs15 thru 18 to the letter.
It sounds as though you have the old style model, and I don't have access to the M manuals. I wrote a help sheet up for the L 60 series starting with mine which was 2013. See if this helps. Go to this link and then scroll down to the pdf files. My first guess is that the button on the top left is your parked regen button, and it is good that it has never lit up. The one on the top right would be the "enable auto regen button". If you push it and up rpm it should regen normally. No need to park it, just go on working. But as I say, I am guessing from L procedure.

https://www.orangetractortalks.com/...nts-calling-all-owners-of-new-tractors.27326/

Bruce Melde

Equipment
BX25 M7060HD Z121
Mar 22, 2020
Hutto Texas
It sounds as though you have the old style model, and I don't have access to the M manuals. I wrote a help sheet up for the L 60 series starting with mine which was 2013. See if this helps. Go to this link and then scroll down to the pdf files. My first guess is that the button on the top left is your parked regen button, and it is good that it has never lit up. The one on the top right would be the "enable auto regen button". If you push it and up rpm it should regen normally. No need to park it, just go on working. But as I say, I am guessing from L procedure.

https://www.orangetractortalks.com/...nts-calling-all-owners-of-new-tractors.27326/
Any idea where I could get an original manual for the old style?

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I'm wondering if the original owner overrode the regen too many times and now the ECM is having issues. That would be a dealer only issue. You require the Kubota scan tool to access the ECM as the plugs are proprietary.

They are touchy concerning regen and emissions controls. Gladmine are Tier 2.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Any idea where I could get an original manual for the old style?
Two places. Kubota main website used to have a place you could download operators manuals from, but I don't know if they have it set up so you can specify which one. Alternatively, your dealer may be able to put an order in, or even has an old paper copy. Messicks parts people are usually pretty helpful, and they may be able to get one. When I was trying to sort out this stuff for the L tractors someone sent me the few pages that were different on the newer L's. Basically if you hop on your tractor and push the enable auto regen button yours will run just like the newer ones. If your rpms are high enough it will regen as you are working, if not a light will blink until you increase them. Have you had any problems completing a regen? Hint: once it starts to ask for a regen, find something to do until it has completed the cycle. Don't shut it off mid regen.

Bruce Melde

Equipment
BX25 M7060HD Z121
Mar 22, 2020
Hutto Texas
Two places. Kubota main website used to have a place you could download operators manuals from, but I don't know if they have it set up so you can specify which one. Alternatively, your dealer may be able to put an order in, or even has an old paper copy. Messicks parts people are usually pretty helpful, and they may be able to get one. When I was trying to sort out this stuff for the L tractors someone sent me the few pages that were different on the newer L's. Basically if you hop on your tractor and push the enable auto regen button yours will run just like the newer ones. If your rpms are high enough it will regen as you are working, if not a light will blink until you increase them. Have you had any problems completing a regen? Hint: once it starts to ask for a regen, find something to do until it has completed the cycle. Don't shut it off mid regen.
no problem completing the regen. They just deem to come frequently and process doesnt follow written instructions. I have to increase my rpms manually

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
no problem completing the regen. They just deem to come frequently and process doesnt follow written instructions. I have to increase my rpms manually
Sounds like you are reading instructions for parked regen. For auto regen you do have to increase rpms manually. Computer won't let you do a parked regen unless you have clogged the filter up worse. Not advisable. To avoid frequent regens, run the tractor at higher rpms. Also the more cold starts you have the faster the particulates build up. Once it is warmed up, if you have to get off for a few minutes shut it off rather than leaving it idle. They are easy to start.