2013 Kubota B3200 - Electrical / Starting Issue

wvwheat

Equipment
Kubota B3200
Nov 4, 2023
PA
Yesterday after starting the tractor, which started as normal, it shut off immediately. Turning the key now does nothing, no lights on the dash, glow plugs etc. I have checked the fuses, battery and connections including the ground wire to the frame. None of the lights work either, headlights flashers etc. I am not sure if the key needed to be in the on position for these lights to work before or not.... just never paid attention. Also I purchased this tractor used with 400 hours on it and it now has around 700, when I purchased it all the safety switches had already been bypassed. My question is does this sound like the ignition switch failed or is there another electrical issue that I should be looking for? Thanks in advance!

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
First thing I would check is the battery - sometimes they whimper out -sometimes they crash all at once.

There should be a fusible link in the system - check that one too.

Reactions: 1 users

Edke6bnl

Equipment
B7800 Kubota, case 1840 Skidsteer Ford 3500
Mar 31, 2022
Agua Dulce, California
First thing I would check is the battery - sometimes they whimper out -sometimes they crash all at once.

There should be a fusible link in the system - check that one too.
Best is to load test the battery and check the connections at battery and ground wire connection.

Last edited: