2007 kubota l 4400 wont start ...assumed saftey switches

piggpen

Equipment
lm4400 kubota
Nov 16, 2021
new brunswick,canada
could someone tell me if there is a central area to bypass the saftey switches to see if this is a problem ... my tractor is sitting in the bush and will not turn over , lots of battery and lights ... i do know the location of the pto switch and the seat switch , the clutch switch but i would like to know where the go centrally so i can get this thing home to fix it .

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
Did it just stop, sputter, etc? I have a WSM for mine ill look tonight.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
could someone tell me if there is a central area to bypass the saftey switches to see if this is a problem ... my tractor is sitting in the bush and will not turn over , lots of battery and lights ... i do know the location of the pto switch and the seat switch , the clutch switch but i would like to know where the go centrally so i can get this thing home to fix it .
not knowing what tractor you have, there is probably no "central area to bypass". I have never seen one. Each switch is individual and independent, some tractors the switches tell an ecu if they're on or off and the ecu then allows the engine to crank over or whatever.

piggpen

Equipment
lm4400 kubota
Nov 16, 2021
new brunswick,canada
hi lug ... i have a l4400 ...i think its a 2006 ... another quick question .....should these switches be closed or open to operate the tractor .... also thank you very much for the help

piggpen

Equipment
lm4400 kubota
Nov 16, 2021
new brunswick,canada
Did it just stop, sputter, etc? I have a WSM for mine ill look tonight.
no ..... just wont start , before i shut it off it was fine i believe it is a switch but alot of searching to find out which one ... hoping for something easy to get it in a position where i could easily work on it .

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
This is what I've done. Seat in the seat, clutch in, turn the key "ON" and HOLD it there until you figure out which safety switch you are messing with. Again, key held in the "ON" position, If it's a HST transmission; rock the petal slowly back and forward to see if it's out of it's "neutral" position.

Next, wiggle your butt in the seat, side to side; back and forth, if you can reach under the seat and play with the safety switch with the key held in the "ON" position, do that.

It's usually one of those two but the next one to check is the PTO, wiggle that around. Good luck...

Reactions: 1 user

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
This is what I've done. Seat in the seat, clutch in, turn the key "ON" and HOLD it there until you figure out which safety switch you are messing with. Again, key held in the "ON" position, If it's a HST transmission; rock the petal slowly back and forward to see if it's out of it's "neutral" position.

Next, wiggle your butt in the seat, side to side; back and forth, if you can reach under the seat and play with the safety switch with the key held in the "ON" position, do that.

It's usually one of those two but the next one to check is the PTO, wiggle that around. Good luck...
And.......when the tractor eventually does start again, get a short piece of wire, to make a seat switch jumper!

Reactions: 1 user

piggpen

Equipment
lm4400 kubota
Nov 16, 2021
new brunswick,canada
i did get it to go .... pretty much what you said but i dont know which one .... i did locate the hst forward and reverse switch and played with it as well as lubed it , same with the pto switches....2 of them , also clutch and seat switch ... unfortunatly i did not find the problem but its working now .... im sure it will screw up again when its cold and in a bad area ! lol thank you all for your help

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
hst switches on those are VERY sensitive. Don't take much to make the tractor "think" your foot is on the pedal. If it were mine (and it ain't) I'd adjust the switch a little, to make it a little less sensitive.

piggpen

Equipment
lm4400 kubota
Nov 16, 2021
new brunswick,canada
hst switches on those are VERY sensitive. Don't take much to make the tractor "think" your foot is on the pedal. If it were mine (and it ain't) I'd adjust the switch a little, to make it a little less sensitive.
thank you for your help .... i believe that is the prroblem .... i think i will adjust it , the lube seemed to work for now ....i think im gonna keep it lubed a little more often as well