2006 B7800 original seat

dmoore

Equipment
2006 B7800, RC72-BA 72" mid mount mower, RB 1672 72" rear blade
Feb 8, 2010
Exmore,Virginia
Okay, I have hated my seat from day one. The bottom is angled down and I always find myself sliding my butt back against the rear of the seat while mowing my 5 acres. Anyone else had this issue and what seat did you replace it with? I have attached a photo of tractor. You can see what I'm talking about. Thanks! Dave

Attachments

Tughill Tom

Equipment
B3200
Dec 23, 2013
Turin, NY
Well I still can't post Pic's on here..... ERRRR. But I upgraded with one from RK last year when they were on sale. Higher back,reclines, head rest and arm rests. Paid about $100 for it and sold the old one for $50 at a garage sale. Well worth it.

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
The seats on the three Kubotas I've had (B7500, L3200 & L4240) all wanted to dump me forward. The first two were made worse because of the slippery plastic seat cover. It wasn't quite as bad on the L4240 because of the upholstered seat.

The B7500 was just a bit small for comfort with regard to legroom. To solve two problems at the same time I fabbed up a set of mounting channels that were taller in the front than they were in the rear. That raised my whole body and provided more legroom at the same time it cancelled the forward cant of the seat.

For the L3200 I spaced the front of the seat up with washers to make it higher. That didn't solve the problem entirely but it helped and I was too lazy to make another attempt.

Wanting to make sure there was more adjustment than with the washers I used on the L3200, I went a step further on the L4240. A quick trip to the hardware store for a couple longer bolts with the same pitch as the factory bolts, a few nuts and washers fixed it nicely. Picture below. I ran the bolts up from the bottom. The multiple nuts allow for adjustment.

Attachments

dmoore

Equipment
2006 B7800, RC72-BA 72" mid mount mower, RB 1672 72" rear blade
Feb 8, 2010
Exmore,Virginia
The seats on the three Kubotas I've had (B7500, L3200 & L4240) all wanted to dump me forward. The first two were made worse because of the slippery plastic seat cover. It wasn't quite as bad on the L4240 because of the upholstered seat.

The B7500 was just a bit small for comfort with regard to legroom. To solve two problems at the same time I fabbed up a set of mounting channels that were taller in the front than they were in the rear. That raised my whole body and provided more legroom at the same time it cancelled the forward cant of the seat.

For the L3200 I spaced the front of the seat up with washers to make it higher. That didn't solve the problem entirely but it helped and I was too lazy to make another attempt.

Wanting to make sure there was more adjustment than with the washers I used on the L3200, I went a step further on the L4240. A quick trip to the hardware store for a couple longer bolts with the same pitch as the factory bolts, a few nuts and washers fixed it nicely. Picture below. I ran the bolts up from the bottom. The multiple nuts allow for adjustment.
Very good idea! That crossed my mind but I didn't think I would be able to space it high enough. Worth a try! Thanks for providing that photo! Dave