1st tractor bought a bota used b20

b20

Equipment
b20
Feb 3, 2011
Ocean County NJ
Hey all. Just bought my first bota tractor/loader/backhoe and was glad to find a site dedicated to this trac.
1st thing is why under the Kubota on Demand section there is no mention of 1990's machines and no mention of the b20 series tracs?
Anyone on here own this series machines?
Thanks
Matt

bruceatlam

Equipment
B20, FEL, box blade, flail mower
Aug 20, 2009
Camarillo, California
Sure do but without the backhoe. Mine's about a 1993 vintage. I'm just guessing that you don't find much because these were originally sold as "commercial" tractors. Even on the Kubota websites you'll have to look under the commercial tractor heading. I love mine --- tough as nails.

b20

Equipment
b20
Feb 3, 2011
Ocean County NJ
Thanks for the reply. A few questions?
Where is some type of overheat/temp alarm on the dash? I see a charge and oil combo but no temp?
Oil? What are you using? Kubota says 15-40. I figure Rotella since I use it in my 7.3 Ford F 350.

bruceatlam

Equipment
B20, FEL, box blade, flail mower
Aug 20, 2009
Camarillo, California
Far as I know there was no temperature indicator of any kind. I bought a set of automotive gauges and installed them. Obviously, the temperature sensor came with the gauges. I shopped around and found a fixture that would accept the sensor and then mounted that fixture in the upper radiator hose -- it's a tight fit but it works. I run at about 170 deg F all the time.

I use Rotella with a Napa Gold filter. I'm buying Kubota UDT for hydraulic oil.

b20

Equipment
b20
Feb 3, 2011
Ocean County NJ
Far as I know there was no temperature indicator of any kind. I bought a set of automotive gauges and installed them. Obviously, the temperature sensor came with the gauges. I shopped around and found a fixture that would accept the sensor and then mounted that fixture in the upper radiator hose -- it's a tight fit but it works. I run at about 170 deg F all the time.

I use Rotella with a Napa Gold filter. I'm buying Kubota UDT for hydraulic oil.
\
Thanks Bruce. What kind of fixture did you use?
mmeanjean; will shoot some soon
kubota newbie: yeah, we all gotta. No really, heres why;
The manual states 10-30 diesel rated. Could not find a 10-30 diesel rated oil from my suppliers, so I called Kubota.
There reply: 15-40
Matt