1st Real Snow

woodsy

Equipment
95 Kubota L3300DT W/FEL, 60" AgroTrend 3pt snow blower89 Arctic Cat 440 Panther
Apr 20, 2021
Maine
I am in Canada but we do most of our measuring here at home in inches, feet, yards, etc.

I know you were kidding, but for clarity, yes, those ARE inches. We have nearly 2' on the ground now from basically 1 snowstorm that lasted ~3 days. It has compressed slightly but still. Dang !
It was a tough storm . There were places in my 400' driveway where the 500lb.+ snowblower wanted to ride up over some of it by 5-6". Had to go back over it with the bucket to get it removed.

Reactions: 1 user

AndyM

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25DTLB
Sep 21, 2016
Vancouver Island Canada
I have never seen humming birds in the winter before, interesting.
We quit wintering south about five years ago for a variety of reasons and were surprised the first winter when about 6 or 8 hummers stayed as long as we put feeders out (only the Anna's variety - Rufous is gone long ago - back end of March).

In a couple of years we were up to around 20; this year its more like 30. Makes quite a sight when they all arrive at the same time. Getting a picture is tough - they typically show up on mass when it's twilight.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Okay, if you really need to be that picky.
So nature gave us rain, then a winter mix of rain, freezing rain and a little snow. Then later it snowed a couple of inches on top of that. Temperature above freezing this morning.
So call it what you like. It was heavy and did not roll well over the blade making it harder to push.
And .....when it eventually becomes mixed with dirt, it will then be "snirt"!