1999 L4200 Hydraulic Fluid Removal

BPoppe500

Jan 17, 2020
Douglas, NE
Hello. I have just bought a new to me 1999 L4200. I also received a Westendorf TA-25 front-end loader with the tractor. The loader sat off the tractor for over ten years. It got hooked up and works. Only one hose leaked and replaced. Cylinders are fine. I need to drain all fluid out of the tractor now. What is the best way to get all old fluid out of this machine. I know it needs to be warmed up for a time. Anything else? Blow out hoses in loader? Thanks for any advice. B

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Hello. I have just bought a new to me 1999 L4200. I also received a Westendorf TA-25 front-end loader with the tractor. The loader sat off the tractor for over ten years. It got hooked up and works. Only one hose leaked and replaced. Cylinders are fine. I need to drain all fluid out of the tractor now. What is the best way to get all old fluid out of this machine. I know it needs to be warmed up for a time. Anything else? Blow out hoses in loader? Thanks for any advice. B
Just drain the fluid out the drains, any small amount in the loader will be insignificant when you refill it.