1979 L295DT Steering arm castle nut size/thread?

Swamp_Yankee

Equipment
L295DT
Oct 4, 2021
Hunterdon County, NJ
Does anyone know what size the castle nut is that threads onto the ball joint that fits into the steering arm on the left side of the axle (facing forward) on an L295DT? As it turns out the cotter pin sheared and (unbeknownst to me) the nut had been working its way loose until I lost it yesterday while moving the tractor. I'm assuming I can pick one up from NAPA, etc...as long as I know the size and thread.

19thSF

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, loader, MMM, pallet forks, tooth bar, rear blade, JD 318 w/plow, JD X350
Mar 1, 2020
Glendale, Rhode Island
Does anyone know what size the castle nut is that threads onto the ball joint that fits into the steering arm on the left side of the axle (facing forward) on an L295DT? As it turns out the cotter pin sheared and (unbeknownst to me) the nut had been working its way loose until I lost it yesterday while moving the tractor. I'm assuming I can pick one up from NAPA, etc...as long as I know the size and thread.
Hello Swamp Yankee (we have a few of you folks living in less populated areas of my state. Nothing better than a good old Swamp Yankee.

Perhaps the following information may help you. You might be able to run the part number and get a description. I think that you might be looking for a Kubota number 33251-62750.

Oops! There is a supercede number of 35270-12670. Messicks has the part for $5.53. If you are in hurry, you might have to take off the drag link, and take it with to someplace with a good inventory of fasteners.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 users

Swamp_Yankee

Equipment
L295DT
Oct 4, 2021
Hunterdon County, NJ
Hello Swamp Yankee (we have a few of you folks living in less populated areas of my state. Nothing better than a good old Swamp Yankee. Perhaps the following information may help you. You might be able to run the part number and get a description. I think that you might be looking for a Kubota number 33251-62750. Oops! There is a supercede number of 35270-12670. Messicks has the part for $5.53. If you are in hurry, you might have to take off the drag link, and take it with to someplace with a good inventory of fasteners.
First off, thanks very much for the help and second, good for you for knowing what a Swamp Yankee is! As a rural northerner I never really identified with the term "redneck," and I do live among the swamps, so it fits (y)

bekglm1

Equipment
L295DT & IH M300
Dec 10, 2022
Index Washington USA
Hello Swamp Yankee (we have a few of you folks living in less populated areas of my state. Nothing better than a good old Swamp Yankee.

Perhaps the following information may help you. You might be able to run the part number and get a description. I think that you might be looking for a Kubota number 33251-62750.

Oops! There is a supercede number of 35270-12670. Messicks has the part for $5.53. If you are in hurry, you might have to take off the drag link, and take it with to someplace with a good inventory of fasteners.
where can I get the full image you used in this reply? (L295DT drag link JPG) I need the part number of the 010 steering arm. Can you please post the full diagram/list on my page or here that I can save? AND can you point me to a website that I can see parts and part numbers diagrams and lists like that?? Thanks

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Go to www.messicks.com and click on the Kubota icon in the upper left-hand corner of their website. Then enter your model number and it will bring up a lot of choices for you to pick from. If you are going to print off the pages, be careful to notice that sometimes the last line of the page doesn't print. I have no idea why, but I just write the information on the last printed page as a note to myself.

bekglm1

Equipment
L295DT & IH M300
Dec 10, 2022
Index Washington USA
Go to www.messicks.com and click on the Kubota icon in the upper left-hand corner of their website. Then enter your model number and it will bring up a lot of choices for you to pick from. If you are going to print off the pages, be careful to notice that sometimes the last line of the page doesn't print. I have no idea why, but I just write the information on the last printed page as a note to myself.
thanks. I did see that listing as well as one for a lot less at Pillars Surplus. A few ebay and used too, but seemingly already sold Thanks Again, I appreciate your help TC BK