1977 b6000

mikesfun

Aug 28, 2012
greenville oh us
Hey guys im new to the kubota world. Im buying a 1977 b6000 and needs some motor work for $300. Its in good shape and comes with front loader and i have the option on buying other atchments. Motor wis he was told it had low compression. He never took it to a shop to have it look at and is going by what his freind is telling him. I think its a good deal. What do you guys think?

mikesfun

Aug 28, 2012
greenville oh us
got it home and it was filled with gas. got it all cleaned out went to start it and smelled real bad of starting fluid. got that takin care of and i finally got it to start. only wants to run for a few and die. havent been able to get my hands on a compression tester for a diesel yet but did run the test with what i had and its only at 250psi and gauge reads 300 max. so im thinking it will need a rebuild.

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
If ether was used on it, it my need pistons and/or a head too. It, ether, don't mix with Kubota's!! A good tear down and inspection will be warranted at least. But it does sound like you got a bargain. Would certainly part for a profit with that FEL if you decide not to fix. Folks are always looking for those.

Good luck and glad your here! Don't forget to let us know all about what you find. Pictures, OH we LOVE pictures!!

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
When you drained out the gas and replaced with diesel did you bleed the injector lines and get the air out of the system as well? Could just have air in the fuel lines...

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
When you drained out the gas and replaced with diesel did you bleed the injector lines and get the air out of the system as well? Could just have air in the fuel lines...
It could also still have gas in the lines, pump, and injectors.

Ach

Equipment
Kubota B6000 DT with B219 Loader
Mar 1, 2011
Big Island, Hawaii, USA
300 is dirt cheap. Like Kytim said, the loader is worth more than that by itself.

Once you get that engine running, go back and pick up a tiller if the PO had one. Also a mower. B6000s spin backwards on the pto, so getting attachments to match will save trauma at the end of the day.

Those 2 cylinder engines are tough soldiers. Best of luck!

mikesfun

Aug 28, 2012
greenville oh us
Yes the po has a tiller, bush hog and finish mower for it. I told hime i would buy them too. I took a few pick of it but not sure how to upload. Ill have to wait til i get home its not letting me from my phone.

Ach

Equipment
Kubota B6000 DT with B219 Loader
Mar 1, 2011
Big Island, Hawaii, USA
That's an excellent score. I paid through the teeth for one out here in Hawaii, sans the 3ph equipment, and am still happy as a clam with the thing (actually for Hawaii the price was right, but your deal makes everything seem expensive...).

mikesfun

Aug 28, 2012
greenville oh us
ok so i started to tear down the motor and the head seems to be new had a new head gasket too. so pistons seem to be in good shape from what i can tell. is there something i should be looking for? i think since im this far into it i might as well replace the rings. i took some pics of it all. can post them if you like, mabye im overlooking.

mikesfun

Aug 28, 2012
greenville oh us
before i start taking the motor all the way apart how hard is it to replace the rings? i dont wanna take it apart if its something that i could mess up bad on. im used to working on cars and trucks just nut much on deisels.