1966 Galaxie 500 (came with the tractor)

Crankypants60

Equipment
B6000 4x4
Sep 21, 2017
Mission, B.C. Canada
Ok..for those that wanted to see my new-to-me '66..here she is! :D

The original 289 has been replaced with a performance-built 302 and there's new stainless exhaust front to back with Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers. Basically, the neighbours son took his grandfathers original locally bought Galaxie and took it to shop class for a couple years and turned it into a quasi-street rod. He has moved the shifter to the floor from the column and added gauges etc.

I'm going to attend to the original brakes (pedal is pretty much on the floor) and then make some changes to the suspension and wheels/tires to get a ride and look that's more befitting my age and disposition ha ha :D

So, I'm the third registered owner and the first two were in the same family...it came with all receipts, the original purchase papers and dealer books etc. There's even the Ford Owner card with the extra vin tag AND it came with about 4 boxes of spare trim, belts and spare engine parts!

[/IMG]

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Nice! Gotta love the classics!

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Very nice indeed.
I did acquire 3 mopar a-bodies this summer. 65 barracuda, resto project that was sold cheap and my Dart i owned 25 years ago. With the dart came a duster for parts.
Big projects, but looking forward to it.

Enjoy your new old car. They dont make them like that anymore.

Crankypants60

Equipment
B6000 4x4
Sep 21, 2017
Mission, B.C. Canada
Actually, until I saw it in the barn I didn't know anything about it other than it was a '66 Galaxie 500. My neighbour originally asked me if I knew anyone who might be interested and I said I would ask around.

It was my wife who said we should take a look at it just for fun. When he swung the barn door open and I saw it was a 2DR HT and candy-apple red etc. it was a real shocker!

I can't believe I actually tried to talk myself out of buying it...in fact..until the offer to throw-in the Kubota for free was made I had sort of decided that I didn't need another project.....and I wound-up with TWO! :eek:

I'm going to go at it hard to make sure we start enjoying it as soon as possible. Quite a few of our friends have classics and I think it will be a blast hanging with them. I just don't want it sitting around in the garage with "issues" that prevent us from jumping in and taking it for a ride in the sunshine.