$16K repair bill

Moose7060

Equipment
M7060, Farm King PT740, HLA 2500 Snowpusher, LandPride RCR1872, Defender HD9 XT
Oct 14, 2023
bc
I guess that would depend on the investment wouldnt it?

Dan
Of course it would depend on the investment as well as someone's tax bracket and many other personal financial factors, and that's the point. A loan for some is better and paying cash with a rebate is better for others. Neither is right, neither is wrong, it depends upon the individuals circumstances who is opening up the wallet. My original observation that 0% is NOT ALWAYS 0% is still true, even though a 0% loan works best for you.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Of course it would depend on the investment as well as someone's tax bracket and many other personal financial factors, and that's the point. A loan for some is better and paying cash with a rebate is better for others. Neither is right, neither is wrong, it depends upon the individuals circumstances who is opening up the wallet. My original observation that 0% is NOT ALWAYS 0% is still true, even though a 0% loan works best for you.
I think its unlikely 0% financing is ever "really" 0%. But I do not think its a scam for the reasons we have discussed. I also think Kubota probably likes cash buyers better than people buying on 0% credit 😂

Dan

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Moose7060

Equipment
M7060, Farm King PT740, HLA 2500 Snowpusher, LandPride RCR1872, Defender HD9 XT
Oct 14, 2023
bc
I think its unlikely 0% financing is ever "really" 0%. But I do think Kubota probably likes cash buyers better than people buying on 0% credit 😂

Dan
No doubt about that. When I sold Harley's for a while, the money the dealership made back on Harley financing was sometimes more than the profit on the new bike itself.

Reactions: 1 users

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Where does Kubota get that price for simple little injectors!!!
Bosch and Denzo probably don't just give the injectors and fuel rail to Kubota free of charge.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Bosch and Denzo probably don't just give the injectors and fuel rail to Kubota free of charge.
Well obviously. I'm just wondering why they are more then larger, more complex injectors I have purchased.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
so 'injector'.....

curious
1) are they a 2 wire connection ?
2) are they just a 'solenoid', ie electromagnet that pulls the 'wire' out of the hole to allow fuel to pass ?
3) what's this 'compensation code' data mean/do ?
4) any detailed 'how do they work' websites

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
so 'injector'.....

curious
1) are they a 2 wire connection ?
2) are they just a 'solenoid', ie electromagnet that pulls the 'wire' out of the hole to allow fuel to pass ?
3) what's this 'compensation code' data mean/do ?wcision
4) any detailed 'how do they work' websites
Direct Injection uses very fast high pressure fuel injectors. Typical design is a solenoid operated needle and a set of very fine orifices that atomize fuel directly into the combustion area rather than into a pre-combustion chamber where it is mixed with intake air. Newer on the scene are piezoelectric injectors and I have no idea how they meter the fuel but I do know the price goes up.

EDIT

Iwas curious and it did not take long to find the answer. Piezoelectric injectors replace the solenoid with a stack of piezoelectric ceramic material that expands and contracts to actuate the needle.

Unlike traditional port (indirect) diesel injection the ECU introduces an atomized fuel charge directly into the combustuon chamber in multiple very precisely timed pulses per ignition event. This allows for much greater control over the formation of the ignition event. The result is increased torque, better fuel economy, smoother and quiter operation, and more complete combustion with fewer exhaust particulates and gases. The performace gains are very significant - up to 50% more torque and 15% better fuel economy vis-a-vis the sane engine using port injection. DI is also uniquely well suited for operation with turbochargers allowingveven greater gains. VW pioneered that technolgy with their TDI (Turbo Direct Injection) first introduced in 1989.

In order for the ECU to accurately control the fuel delivery it needs to know the individual flow and reaction characteristics of each injector and where its positioned in the engine. That calIbration data is provided by the OEM that manufactured the injector and is programmed into the ECU using software provided by the OEM that designed and built the engine. For over the road vehicles there are many sources for the hardware and software diagnostics. Not so much for offroad applicatuons where the engine OEMs have restricted availability. Last I checked a Diagmaster license, hardware, and software from Kubota will set you back about $10K plus annual renewals. And unless things have changed individual owners cannot buy it.

Dan

Last edited:

motorhead

Equipment
2009 B3200, 2007 Dodge/Cummins powered Ram 2500 395hp
May 17, 2012
Atascadero
I can say from personal experience that the diesel fuel isn't what it used to be. Here in Commiefornia, we get 20% bio diesel mixed with the pump diesel. I have a Tuthill electric transfer pump mounted on a tank in the bed of my truck. I didn't use it for about a year and when I tried it, it was seized up from fuel gum. It is a vane type pump and when I took it apart, the vanes were stuck to the rotor. It took a bit of cleaning to get the vanes to float free in the rotor of the pump.
I have followed this thread closely as I have a common rail, 5.9-Cummins in my Dodge truck. The truck has sat for a time before without running it. I now drive it semi regularly and use a fuel additive that preserves the fuel.
Kubota, unfortunately, has the corner on the market because there isn't really an aftermarket source for the parts the OP needs.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Direct Injection uses very fast high pressure fuel injectors. Typical design is a solenoid operated needle and a set of very fine orifices that atomize fuel directly into the combustion area rather than into a pre-combustion chamber where it is mixed with intake air. Newer on the scene are piezoelectric injectors and I have no idea how they meter the fuel but I do know the price goes up.

EDIT

Iwas curious and it did not take long to find the answer. Piezoelectric injectors replace the solenoid with a stack of piezoelectric ceramic material that expands and contracts to actuate the needle.

Unlike traditional port (indirect) diesel injection the ECU introduces an atomized fuel charge directly into the combustuon chamber in multiple very precisely timed pulses per ignition event. This allows for much greater control over the formation of the ignition event. The result is increased torque, better fuel economy, smoother and quiter operation, and more complete combustion with fewer exhaust particulates and gases. The performace gains are very significant - up to 50% more torque and 15% better fuel economy vis-a-vis the sane engine using port injection. DI is also uniquely well suited for operation with turbochargers allowingveven greater gains. VW pioneered that technolgy with their TDI (Turbo Direct Injection) first introduced in 1989.

In order for the ECU to accurately control the fuel delivery it needs to know the individual flow and reaction characteristics of each injector and where its positioned in the engine. That calIbration data is provided by the OEM that manufactured the injector and is programmed into the ECU using software provided by the OEM that designed and built the engine. For over the road vehicles there are many sources for the hardware and software diagnostics. Not so much for offroad applicatuons where the engine OEMs have restricted availability. Last I checked a Diagmaster license, hardware, and software from Kubota will set you back about $10K plus annual renewals. And unless things have changed individual owners cannot buy it.

Dan
A Individual can buy the digimaster and software now, it's about $2500 if I remember correctly.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
A Individual can buy the digimaster and software now, it's about $2500 if I remember correctly.
From Messicks online parts store:

07916-81000 - Diagmaster Software License Only- $2562
07916-81112 - KOBD ACE (CE) diagnostic software kit- all models except M7/M8 - $1781
1J574-90014 - Diagmaster hardware kit - $1317

Grand total = $5660 and you supply the PC.

I believe the license is a subscription and requires annual renewal,

Dan

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
From Messicks online parts store:

07916-81000 - Diagmaster Software License Only- $2562
07916-81112 - KOBD ACE (CE) diagnostic software kit- all models except M7/M8 - $1781
1J574-90014 - Diagmaster hardware kit - $1317

Grand total = $5660 and you supply the PC.

I believe the license is a subscription and requires annual renewal,

Dan
I was a little short on my $$$

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I was a little short on my $$$
For their part Kubota is a little short on details. I would assume (guess) Harry Homeowner does not get full dealer access to all features of the hardware and software. For example can you flash the ECU? Not at all clear what you are geting for your money and what liabilities you might assume for its use.

Dan

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
For their part Kubota is a little short on details. I would assume (guess) Harry Homeowner does not get full dealer access to all features of the hardware and software. For example can you flash the ECU? Not at all clear what you are geting for your money and what liabilities you might assume for its use.

Dan
Yea I have not gotten an opportunity to use one.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Yea I have not gotten an opportunity to use one.
I got the part numbers off the Kubota website - Messicks returned no hits for a keyword search. When you use that license number on the Messicks site you get a page that says its dealer only and not for sale to individuals. They also give you a superceding part number that takes you to a page that does not have the disclaimer. I am easily confused.....

Dan

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
An individual must provide a reasonable use for purchasing Diadmaster.
You must attend training at a Kubota Industrial Engine dealer site (usually Anderson Industrial Engines).
You must pass the extensive test to be issued a license.
You must pay a yearly fee to renew your license and complete follow up training as required. So far this year I have been issued over 20 hours of on-line courses and 2 dozen tests.
Follow-up training may be in-person or online, you must pass any and all tests.
You are responsible for your use or misuse of Diagmaster.

Typically, most non-dealers with Diagmaster are rental companies or large fleet owners.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
I think its unlikely 0% financing is ever "really" 0%. But I do not think its a scam for the reasons we have discussed. I also think Kubota probably likes cash buyers better than people buying on 0% credit 😂

Dan
You are probably correct.

On the Kubota credit website, my "Current Balance" is 5.5 percent HIGHER than my "Payoff Balance" .

It's a Zero interest loan.

Are they giving me a discount to pay it off before the loan ends?
Or are there fees I'm not familiar with?

KTAC was purchased cash, at loan start. I've never been late on a payment. 🤔

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
You are probably correct.

On the Kubota credit website, my "Current Balance" is 5.5 percent HIGHER than my "Payoff Balance" .

It's a Zero interest loan.

Are they giving me a discount to pay it off before the loan ends?
Or are there fees I'm not familiar with?

KTAC was purchased cash, at loan start. I've never been late on a payment. 🤔
No discount. Your payoff amount is remaining principle. The balance includes remaing (unused) insurance premiums that will be refunded if you payoff the loan and coverage ends early.

Dan.