1630 Loader on B7200

regularjay

Equipment
B7200E
Jun 21, 2009
Harford County, MD USA
I notice that I can curl my loader by hand. When the loader bucket is sitting a few feet above the ground if I grab the lip of the bucket I can easily curl it up. It seems to me that I shouldn't be able to do this.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Jay

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Are you actually able to push the rams in or when you lift up on the bucket are you just taking the slack up that is in the bucket linkage?

regularjay

Equipment
B7200E
Jun 21, 2009
Harford County, MD USA
It's more than the slack in the linkage. I can actually lift the lip of the bucket up at least 8 or 10 inches. It seems the only resistance to this is the actual weight of the bucket. This is a new to me tractor that has been "run hard and put away wet" Everything works although I'm not sure its as strong as it should be. It does have some internal leakage and if left up the lift arms do leak down pretty swiftly but this concerns the curl cylinders not the lift cylinders.

Jay

pat331

Equipment
L35, mower, bushhog, cement mixer, grader, boxblade, forks, posthole digger
Mar 31, 2009
Ft. Worth, TX
Jay, sounds like you need to replace the packing in the cylinders. I'm not familiar with your loader. If it is a Kubota, you can get the packing from your dealer. They're expensive, but good quality. Just be careful and don't nick the o-rings. Good Luck!

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
When you say that you can lift the bucket up that much, can you do this all the time?
I have seen this happen after the bucket has been rolled over fast and the oil hasn't had enough time to get the back side of the ram pressurized.
If you lift the front end off the ground does your bucket stay level?

regularjay

Equipment
B7200E
Jun 21, 2009
Harford County, MD USA
I think I have bigger problems with this machine. I dug the first hole with my nifty new post hole digger today and my 3 point lacked the oomph to withdraw the auger. I'm really kind of dissapointed that this thing couldnt pull a 9" auger bit out of the ground.

But, the oddball bucket behavior seems to have righted itself.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I think I have bigger problems with this machine. I dug the first hole with my nifty new post hole digger today and my 3 point lacked the oomph to withdraw the auger. I'm really kind of dissapointed that this thing couldnt pull a 9" auger bit out of the ground.

But, the oddball bucket behavior seems to have righted itself.
When you drilled the hole did you just let it float down or did you control the speed and let the auger clean the hole out as it went down?

If you let it float you are probably lucky that you didn't have a power house tractor with a lot of lift. It may have left the auger in the hole and you looking up at the sky.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Hi Vic,

I was just reading your post and you made me curious about something. When you said that your loader operates in float position all the time. Does this mean that you have a float on the bucket control or is it a one sided or one way ram?

I have never seen a loader that floats the bucket and I just wanted to try to understand how yours works. I like learning about new stuff like that and how it works.