B2650 with cab and 2782B snowblower hydraulic hose routing

Orange1forme

Equipment
B2650 HSDC, filled tires, wheel spacers, B2728B , LA534A FEL, 3rd valve kit
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
Can anyone post photos of how the hoses are routed for a front snowblower set up.

Dealer routed them last year when it was delivered and routed them through 2 double ring holders. The rear holder seemed to be in the wrong spot and difficult to remove hoses from, so I removed it.

I just installed the snowblower and read the manual. Seems the manual states hoses go UNDER the axle and there is a plastic protector to isolate the hoses from the axle, I did not get this.

I do have hydraulics for the chute rotation, deflector and of course up and down.

The ring holders are too small to hold all the hoses and the dealer used zip ties to the other hoses. Seems like this is still the best option, although I used a couple points on the frame, too.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Yeah I noticed that sentence in manual, but dealer did not install mine under the axle (same tractor and blower). They do fit in the hooks as installed if they are bundled together in one of those spiral plastic things, but anything that will keep them out of the way will work, but you have to take into account the wheels and where the snow piles up. Probably also depends on how long the hoses are.

I'll put some pics up later.

Steveo

Equipment
B2650 w/ Cab FEL, Snowblower, Rear Box
Dec 14, 2019
Traverse City, MI
I have the same tractor and blower. No issues routing the hoses under the axel and thru the rings however I only have 4 hoses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Orange1forme

Equipment
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
I have the same tractor and blower. No issues routing the hoses under the axel and thru the rings however I only have 4 hoses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm sure the 4 hoses, not including the chute deflector, are meant to be in the holders and I can get them in the front holder easily.

DeepWoods

Equipment
B2650HSDC Woodland Mills WC68 Wood Chipper
Apr 10, 2019
Bigfork Minnesota
I have the same setup, however I routed the four hoses thru the rings, and over the axel. I didn't need the spiral wrap, but I did use a couple extra zip ties to hold the hose from rubbing on anything. I know the assembly manual wanted the hosed below the axle, so can anyone explain why? I have checked several time to see if there is any conflict with going above the axle, and can find none.

Rcflyer330

Equipment
Kubota B2650 Cab, B2779 Broom, B2782B Snowblower, RB1672 rear blade
Oct 14, 2019
Traverse City, Michigan
The hoses for up and down control go under the axle and the chute rotation go over the top of the axle. This is how mine is set up.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I imagine there are as many routes as tractors and they all would work. Probably depends on how long the hoses are cut. I personally think it is a bad idea to get a hose between the ground and its many obstacles hidden in the snow and the axle, but that's just me. Here is the routing my tractor came with:

Attachments

Orange1forme

Equipment
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
I imagine there are as many routes as tractors and they all would work. Probably depends on how long the hoses are cut. I personally think it is a bad idea to get a hose between the ground and its many obstacles hidden in the snow and the axle, but that's just me. Here is the routing my tractor came with:
Are those holders factory?

Mine are a double ring and brass/yellow color.

Know that you mention it, under does seem like there is more likely a chance of damage/issue than over.

Thanks for those photos.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Are those holders factory?

Mine are a double ring and brass/yellow color.

Know that you mention it, under does seem like there is more likely a chance of damage/issue than over.

Thanks for those photos.
Can't speak for the B series, however, that it the type of holder that came with my BX2750 blower about 10 years ago. It is just a very large lock washer welded to a plate with a hold drilled in the plate to bolt it to the side of the frame.
One thing that I have noticed about all the new blowers that I have seen, is that Kubota is now using the woven protective tubing over the rubber hoses. This is important, because a spraying hydraulic hose can do permanent damage to your body if you come in contact with the spraying oil. That high pressure oil spray will penetrate your skin and cause major injury. When I was an EMT, I never saw it first hand, but I did hear about it in industrial accidents.