B6100D - widest wheel track settings?

jimbo

Equipment
B6100D, FEL
Apr 3, 2010
yorkshire, uk
Hi all,
I have a FEL on my recently rejuvenated B6100D..

Playing a bit today, I reckon it would all be a bit more stable if the wheel track was maximised - the wheels appear to be reversable (like an old Massey I used to have) and the rims appear to be split (i.e. you can unbolt the centres from the rims and reposition them) -

My question is: What is the maximum wheel track setting for a B6100?
I don;t want to over stress axles, bearings, steering etc....

thanks
Jimbo

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Jimbo,
I'm really happy to hear you are out and about having fun with your tractor.

As far as more stability, you might not need any more than you have.

With an fel and rear wheels all the way in you will be safe and stable using the tractor within normal parameters. By that I mean don't keep the fel raised above hood level while driving around and to keep it that high would be only for clearance of ground obstacles. Always drive straight up or down a slope - with or with out an fel.

By extending the rear wheels further out you may be giving yourself a false sense of security.

Though, the information you are looking for should be available in the owners manual. If you don't have one then I'm more than sure somebody around this orange forum does and they can look it up for you.

Be careful my friend, you are scaring me :eek:

jimbo

Equipment
B6100D, FEL
Apr 3, 2010
yorkshire, uk
Jimbo,
I'm really happy to hear you are out and about having fun with your tractor.

As far as more stability, you might not need any more than you have.

With an fel and rear wheels all the way in you will be safe and stable using the tractor within normal parameters. By that I mean don't keep the fel raised above hood level while driving around and to keep it that high would be only for clearance of ground obstacles. Always drive straight up or down a slope - with or with out an fel.

By extending the rear wheels further out you may be giving yourself a false sense of security.

Though, the information you are looking for should be available in the owners manual. If you don't have one then I'm more than sure somebody around this orange forum does and they can look it up for you.

Be careful my friend, you are scaring me :eek:
Fret ye not, Scott;) if it falls over, it falls over:D

Dave kindly posted some data from the owners manual - thanks Dave:)
But intriguingly there's only *one* width figure given, tyre sidewall to tyre sidewall...

Most other (bigger) tractors allow all sorts of wheel track settings - right back to the first Fergusons in the 40s and 50s....

I'll have a play but just wondered if anyone had any experiences with wide track wheel settings and any increased wear on components or other difficulties that I would hope to avoid??

thanks
Jimbo

B7100

Equipment
B7100,B7100 with Backhoe and FEL, Goldoni Quad 20
Feb 11, 2010
Wales
I think the figure they give may be for the widest they recommend although when i was looking to buy a new B1610 a couple of years ago and told the dealer about my sloping land he said the wheels would extend beyond what was in the manual but he was trying to part me from my dosh!
If you look at the width in the manual I posted for the B7100 which I have it says 40 inches but by turning the hubs so the clamps are on the inside and the dish of the wheel to the shallow side in,I can get 43 inches which I will put up with any increase in wear there may or may not be for the bonus of extra stability
There are quite a few narrower permutations in below the widest setting.
dave

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Jimbo, you are a funny man!
Remember, if the tractor has ROPS wear the seat belt - No ROPS do not wear the seat belt so you can escape on the flop :D

Do you have any pic's of your new baby?

For Dave, a BIG thank you for helping Jimbo with the information :D

jimbo

Equipment
B6100D, FEL
Apr 3, 2010
yorkshire, uk
Jimbo, you are a funny man!
Remember, if the tractor has ROPS wear the seat belt - No ROPS do not wear the seat belt so you can escape on the flop :D

Do you have any pic's of your new baby?
I take that as a compliment Sir! :)

Whassthis "seatbelt" thing you mention?:rolleyes:

I'll try and get some pics sorted - she ain't pretty - but the best ones never are;);)

Jimbo

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I spread my B 7100 out as wide as possible and even reversed the front wheels to make it wider as well. I never had any problem with the front although I have seen some that did have front axle trouble. My rear axle was a different story all together. I never had any trouble until I built a platform to carry firewood on. I figured if the 3pt lift would pick it up everything should be ok. Wrong, I developed leaks on both axles and the main housing started to leak also. If you are going to carry a lot of weight I don't think I would spread it out to far.