What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

GrumpyFarmer

Well-known member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, Ford 8N, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
3,591
5,241
113
Ohio
I keep the 3 saws, batteries, chains, wedges, oil, and chaps in that aluminum box I mounted in the RTV trailer hitch. Don't take the new tractor in the woods because of the cab and all the crap that blows off the dead ash.
That’s a nice box. Does it ever bottom out?

I’d like to see one of those saws in person. From your video doesn’t look much bigger than a blower.
 

Sidekick

Well-known member

Equipment
Kioti CK2620SE cab, RTV-X, BX2360, Z726XKW-3-60
Jul 29, 2023
1,285
1,864
113
N.Y,
That’s a nice box. Does it ever bottom out?

I’d like to see one of those saws in person. From your video doesn’t look much bigger than a blower.
They sell them and many others at Home Depot. Hasn't bottomed out yet. Nice that it's light enough to slide out of the hitch with everything in it to keep the sawing stuff together when not needed.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 user

Maxxsam

New member

Equipment
2002 BX22MLB
Jun 17, 2026
6
2
3
New York
I took apart the front bucket control lever because it has gotten so sloppy, I can barely curl the bucket anymore. Trying to find a replacement. The pin is fine, the hole has been worn bigger than the pin. Searching for a replacement isn’t going well. Any suggestions before I have to drill it out larger and get a new pin to fit my new hole?
 
Last edited:

KubotaHawg

Well-known member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2800DT, LA463, Landpride ΒΒ1260, RCR1260, ZG222
Jan 9, 2022
180
383
63
NW Arkansas
Fixed the crown and slope on 300 yard driveway section with 7’ angle blade a few weeks ago after a little rain, but still had some undulations and uneven spots as dry as it’s been.

From last night to midday today got 3/4” of slow steady rain and now it’s sunny so finished it with box blade—perfect moisture level to smoothe it well. I imagine it could be easier with a landplane but after using a box blade for 25 years I will never be without one.

I always have to remind myself when I think well that’s a little uneven I could make one more pass—The enemy of good is perfect—put it up and crack a post project cold one you perfectionist dip$hit.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 4 users

S-G-R

Well-known member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L5460, X1100C RTV
Jun 17, 2020
1,747
4,623
113
PEI Canada
I took apart the front bucket control lever because it has gotten so sloppy, I can barely curl the bucket anymore. Trying to find a replacement. The pin is fine, the hole has been worn bigger than the pin. Searching for a replacement isn’t going well. Any suggestions before I have to drill it out larger and get a new pin to fit my new hole?
Can it be welded to fill in the hole and then drill a new hole?
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 user

North Idaho Wolfman

Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
36,423
11,222
113
Sandpoint, ID
Yes it is so nice to just pull the trigger and have it run. Plus you don't need to carry a can of premix into the woods. Biggest part is keep your chains sharp for longest battery life and don't force them to try and cut faster as that will shorten battery life. You still need a big gas saw for large stuff also.
I've had and used mine for 3 years now, love it.
I have three different sizes of the Milwaukee chainsaws.
I also have the lawn mower, absolutely amazing!

Look at the new Forge batteries, the 8 has more run time and kick then the old 12 and it's lighter, the new Forge 12 is awesome!
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 user

North Idaho Wolfman

Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
36,423
11,222
113
Sandpoint, ID
In regard to the discussion on electric saws, I have the Makita XLT 36 volt saw with 14" bar.
While I do like it for quick tasks or as a saw in my side x side for clearing wind falls across trails
or limbing work, it can never replace the real power of gas saws. Gas saws have more chain rpm's and more torque hands down. The only heat I have is wood and gas saws are a must for the real wood cutting jobs.
I like my battery saw for easy work loads only.
I disagree, my Milwaukee with a 20 inch bar keeps up with a gas saw.
It's just as fast and it far easier on my body.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sidekick

Well-known member

Equipment
Kioti CK2620SE cab, RTV-X, BX2360, Z726XKW-3-60
Jul 29, 2023
1,285
1,864
113
N.Y,
I've had and used mine for 3 years now, love it.
I have three different sizes of the Milwaukee chainsaws.
I also have the lawn mower, absolutely amazing!

Look at the new Forge batteries, the 8 has more run time and kick then the old 12 and it's lighter, the new Forge 12 is awesome!
I have been watching that dual battery 20 inch one. The kit comes with 2 forge 8s but all tests I saw show it needs 2 12s for top performance. It's a heavy saw though. If they make a kit with the 12s I'm in. I'm slowly switching to the forge batteries. I see no real life difference between them and the old, they don't overheat and shutdown in the top handle saw like the old ones.
Don't have the mower but my little robot is battery and smart and doesn'tcomplain. 20260928_072725.jpg
 
Last edited:
  • Like
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users

mdhughes

Well-known member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
1,478
1,567
113
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Yesterday I used the L3901DT as a big wheelbarrow to load my normal wheelbarrow.

14_08_07.jpg

Then today I used it to move a generator down to where I'm building a lean-to.

11_29_45.jpg
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2 users

Bonanza 2026

Member

Equipment
B2601
Aug 3, 2026
22
41
13
NC
I got my tractor back from the dealer yesterday and spent today landplaning the drive, the neighbor's drive and some forest trails around the house. It was very satisfying.

Sorry I didn't take any pictures. Tractoring is so much more fun than housework.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 user