What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

g_man

Well-known member

Equipment
L3010DT, M5640SUD, Dresser TD7G
Feb 3, 2023
408
1,906
93
NE Vermont
Perhaps you should have contacted the Historical Society about digging at the depression, it may be a grave.
That's a good thought but I am pretty sure it was a log. When we first came here after a few years a couple logs were pushed up by the frost and I dug them out. This was previously a log landing and I am thinking that when they cleaned it up and graded it off some stuff got buried.

gg
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 user

skeets

Well-known member

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
15,948
5,675
113
SW Pa
I think we need a picture of this so we can help you figure it out.
I am limited on space but I think I will try the boom on the bx and see how much I can lift it and then block it up untill I can get it to the hight I need, then move the B in place and see if I mess something else up,,lol
 

S-G-R

Well-known member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L5460, X1100C RTV
Jun 17, 2020
1,747
4,623
113
PEI Canada
Mowed and then cleaned the deck of the mower. Probably one mow left before things stop growing.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sidekick

Well-known member

Equipment
Kioti CK2620SE cab, RTV-X, BX2360, Z726XKW-3-60
Jul 29, 2023
1,285
1,864
113
N.Y,
Loaded it up with firewood. Hundreds of standing dead cherry and fallen ash trees to deal with. Pre-seasoned firewood 😄. Love those battery saws and charging them with solar so free wood if you don't count the $48 dollars of diesel in the rtv 😳.
20260925_150703.jpg 20260925_150722.jpg 20260925_150926.jpg 20260925_152112.jpg
 
  • Like
  • Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

g_man

Well-known member

Equipment
L3010DT, M5640SUD, Dresser TD7G
Feb 3, 2023
408
1,906
93
NE Vermont
Loaded it up with firewood. Hundreds of standing dead cherry and fallen ash trees to deal with. Pre-seasoned firewood 😄. Love those battery saws and charging them with solar so free wood if you don't count the $48 dollars of diesel in the rtv 😳.
View attachment 179647 View attachment 179646 View attachment 179645 View attachment 179644
I am interested in those battery saws. I used to think they were to good to be true and must be toys. But I am changing my mind after seeing a bunch of comments like yours. About how many cuts can you make on wood like you have piled on your ATV can you make on one charge ? Thanks. BTW - Nice neat wood pile you have made !!

gg
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sidekick

Well-known member

Equipment
Kioti CK2620SE cab, RTV-X, BX2360, Z726XKW-3-60
Jul 29, 2023
1,285
1,864
113
N.Y,
I am interested in those battery saws. I used to think they were to good to be true and must be toys. But I am changing my mind after seeing a bunch of comments like yours. About how many cuts can you make on wood like you have piled on your ATV can you make on one charge ? Thanks. BTW - Nice neat wood pile you have made !!

gg
I use mine for anything 12 inches and down.cuts depend on battery size and wood type. A 12ah battery with a sharp chain will last as long as a tank of gas on my small echo saw. A 8 ah battery is lighter but less torque for the saw with shorter life. They're not toys. I tried the Dewalt saw first and that was a real piece of junk compared to the Milwaukee. Bad vibration and just wasn't comfortable to use. There's also better brands available for a price. I switched to all battery outdoor power equipment because my wife has chemical sensitivity syndrome and I had to remove my clothes on the way into the house because the residual 2 stroke fumes outgassing from clothes would choke her up making it very hard to breathe. Biggest downside is batteries don't last long. High amp draw and cheap BMSs tend to kill them right after 5 year the warranty runs out. I just had 2 12ah $300 each batteries die at a little over 5 years. For me it is worth it though. For occasion use I have heard that Harbor Freight has a very affordable one that's supposed to work good.
Here's an old video showing how they cut
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: 5 users

g_man

Well-known member

Equipment
L3010DT, M5640SUD, Dresser TD7G
Feb 3, 2023
408
1,906
93
NE Vermont
Thank you for the info @Sidekick. You covered it very well. I would not have thought to ask about battery life or cost. The newer battery equipment is amazing.

gg
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sidekick

Well-known member

Equipment
Kioti CK2620SE cab, RTV-X, BX2360, Z726XKW-3-60
Jul 29, 2023
1,285
1,864
113
N.Y,
Thank you for the info @Sidekick. You covered it very well. I would not have thought to ask about battery life or cost. The newer battery equipment is amazing.

gg
Yes it is so nice to just pull the trigger and have it run. Plus you don't need to carry a can of premix into the woods. Biggest part is keep your chains sharp for longest battery life and don't force them to try and cut faster as that will shorten battery life. You still need a big gas saw for large stuff also.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 users

BT3101

Active member

Equipment
L3130 GST, FEL, TaylorWay BH W/Subfr Rotary Cutter, Pallet Forks, Grapple Bucket
Mar 20, 2016
96
188
33
Evansville, IN, USA
I am limited on space but I think I will try the boom on the bx and see how much I can lift it and then block it up untill I can get it to the hight I need, then move the B in place and see if I mess something else up,,lol
Anywhere you can stand it up vertically? May need to weld a chain hook to one side of the bucket. You could probably get a couple of the Harbor Freight moving dollies or build a tubing frame to roll it around on.
 

johnjk

Well-known member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
1,816
2,234
113
West Mansfield, OH
Broke out the B3200 and did some prep to drop some standing dead ash. Needed to get the invasive roses and olives out so I can get to them with a chainsaw. One of these days I’m gonna rent a skid steer with a brush head and make it an easier process than backing up with the brush hog. Now I can wait for it to dry up a bit more and not worry about dry seeds blocking the intake. IMG_7124.jpeg IMG_7125.jpeg IMG_7126.jpeg IMG_7127.jpeg IMG_7128.jpeg
 
  • Like
Reactions: 8 users

GrumpyFarmer

Well-known member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, Ford 8N, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
3,591
5,241
113
Ohio
Good day.

well this morning starting out in the crapper…the big girl was dead as a brick😢. As it turns out my battery disconnect is either corroded or no workee. I did some Agri-engineering and was able to essentially jump the disconnect with the two short leads so the battery could be grounded….And away we went.

so we played in the woods and I shuttled some logs then cut to length and loaded in trailer to take them for a drive in the morning.

when I went to use the hydraulic top link to disconnect the logging winch I sprung a leak…tightened that up and away I went again.

put the rear mower on and cut the pollinator habitat down per the schedule and then mowed pasture and cleaned up storm debris. But not before I did a regen (worked right thru it) and then I needed to blow the chaff off as big girl was getting hot.

it’s beer thirty now. 🍻
IMG_0484.jpeg IMG_0485.jpeg IMG_0487.jpeg IMG_0493.jpeg IMG_0483.jpeg
 
Last edited:
  • Like
  • Wow
Reactions: 14 users

Bmyers

Well-known member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
3,640
4,953
113
Southern Illinois
Spent yesterday getting odd jobs done. Aligned the new connex my wife got with the one we already had, worked in the chicken coop, added wifi extender, and other various projects.

One of the projects was to get the Massey Fergusons out for their monthly start up. My wife had never operated any of them, so I got her on the MF383 and her take it down the field road.

4207.jpg
 
  • Like
Reactions: 11 users

forky

Well-known member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST 4X4 8N BB 1266 Box Blade RTA 1258 Tiller QH10 48" pallet fork s
Feb 23, 2021
352
395
63
Wisconsin
In regard to the discussion on electric saws, I have the Makita XLT 36 volt saw with 14" bar.
While I do like it for quick tasks or as a saw in my side x side for clearing wind falls across trails
or limbing work, it can never replace the real power of gas saws. Gas saws have more chain rpm's and more torque hands down. The only heat I have is wood and gas saws are a must for the real wood cutting jobs.
I like my battery saw for easy work loads only.
 
  • Like
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users

Sidekick

Well-known member

Equipment
Kioti CK2620SE cab, RTV-X, BX2360, Z726XKW-3-60
Jul 29, 2023
1,285
1,864
113
N.Y,
In regard to the discussion on electric saws, I have the Makita XLT 36 volt saw with 14" bar.
While I do like it for quick tasks or as a saw in my side x side for clearing wind falls across trails
or limbing work, it can never replace the real power of gas saws. Gas saws have more chain rpm's and more torque hands down. The only heat I have is wood and gas saws are a must for the real wood cutting jobs.
I like my battery saw for easy work loads only.
I cut between 12 and 18 face cords a year to heat our house totally with wood. 97% of it is cut with battery saws now. I'm looking at that new big husky electric saw now to ditch the gas totally. Just so reliable and trouble free to me.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 user

GrumpyFarmer

Well-known member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, Ford 8N, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
3,591
5,241
113
Ohio
I use mine for anything 12 inches and down.cuts depend on battery size and wood type. A 12ah battery with a sharp chain will last as long as a tank of gas on my small echo saw. A 8 ah battery is lighter but less torque for the saw with shorter life. They're not toys. I tried the Dewalt saw first and that was a real piece of junk compared to the Milwaukee. Bad vibration and just wasn't comfortable to use. There's also better brands available for a price. I switched to all battery outdoor power equipment because my wife has chemical sensitivity syndrome and I had to remove my clothes on the way into the house because the residual 2 stroke fumes outgassing from clothes would choke her up making it very hard to breathe. Biggest downside is batteries don't last long. High amp draw and cheap BMSs tend to kill them right after 5 year the warranty runs out. I just had 2 12ah $300 each batteries die at a little over 5 years. For me it is worth it though. For occasion use I have heard that Harbor Freight has a very affordable one that's supposed to work good.
Here's an old video showing how they cut
If that was all it took for my wife to ask me to take my clothes off, I’d be using 2 stroke fuel for cologne.🤠

Wise cracks, aside how do you holster your saw on the machine? I like the scabbards on the loader frame but I suspect tree branches / limbs maybe not my friend. I’d like to find a solution inside the operator station or off the rops
 

johnjk

Well-known member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
1,816
2,234
113
West Mansfield, OH
Well, it was dry enough to get most of the grass cut. Took the B1700 for a spin and knocked it down. First time in two weeks. IMG_7130.jpeg
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6 users

Sidekick

Well-known member

Equipment
Kioti CK2620SE cab, RTV-X, BX2360, Z726XKW-3-60
Jul 29, 2023
1,285
1,864
113
N.Y,
If that was all it took for my wife to ask me to take my clothes off, I’d be using 2 stroke fuel for cologne.🤠

Wise cracks, aside how do you holster your saw on the machine? I like the scabbards on the loader frame but I suspect tree branches / limbs maybe not my friend. I’d like to find a solution inside the operator station or off the rops
I keep the 3 saws, batteries, chains, wedges, oil, and chaps in that aluminum box I mounted in the RTV trailer hitch. Don't take the new tractor in the woods because of the cab and all the crap that blows off the dead ash.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 users