How Badly Did I Break It

amer28

Jan 3, 2020
Milford
Thanks for any help! All the blame on me here. Please take a look at photos. I put my large rototiller on my medium B2400 tractor and did not set it up right. I broke the bearing as well as the bearing housing plate. The PTO shaft is now loose since it does not have the bearing to rest on. May have screwed that up as well. Question is - if I replace bearing and plate (things I see broken) is it possible that is all there is wrong - or - is it more likely I destroyed more, like also internals, etc. If I can try replacing parts before i bring to dealer - great. Thanks for any help!!

Attachments

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
You will only know once you open it up. There is no way to tell how much else is damaged, and a lot depends on exactly how the damage occurred.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
It'll probably be helpful if you give just a little more information on what was going on when the damage occurred. Was the PTO turning?

The more detail you can give, the better the advice that will be given.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Ouch......

I don't have anything constructive to add, but fast forward to the 20 second mark, Steven sums it up nicely.

amer28

Jan 3, 2020
Milford
It'll probably be helpful if you give just a little more information on what was going on when the damage occurred. Was the PTO turning?

The more detail you can give, the better the advice that will be given.

Set up tiller and am now sure used wrong driveshaft. Just started rototilling and was adjusted the height a few times to try to just hit first few inches of dirt. Tilled and then smelled something so looked back and saw about 20 ft of oil behind me. Generalize broke bearing and traveled those 20 feet and then stopped

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
If the PTO shaft was too long, you're probably looking at substantial internal damage.

I did one of those a while back.

Pull the back cover and you'll know instantly.

This is not a repair you want a dealer to perform as they are going to be costly.

Mountainman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501, B7100, B6000, BX24, B1750, B2400
Jul 10, 2022
Attalla Alabama
mossycreekoutdoors.com
Depending on what you did to cause it its very possible you could just replace the cover and go. Like Wolfman said if the pto shaft was too long and it shoved it in then your likely to have case and possibly differential damage as well. Had a customer a couple weeks ago do that. If you need parts I have a couple b2100 parts tractors.