3 point quick hitch

Fmac12

Equipment
L2501
Mar 10, 2024
North Carolina
I am pondering getting a quick 3 point hitch for my l2501. Dealer wants 530.00$ for landpride. I see many more on Amazon for 159.00$ up. Leaning towards the Amazon vitamor 169.00?. Anyone else have any opinions?

FMAC

Warrior67

Sep 22, 2019
Ohio
I’ve got a Harbor Freight special on my LX2610. I think I paid around $100 for it. I did have to buy an extend top hook off of Amazon to get it to work with my implements but otherwise it has been fine.
$500+ seems pretty expensive for quick hitch for these small tractors. I’m sure the Landpride is higher quality than what I bought but is it necessary for a 25hp tractor?

Reactions: 1 user

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
What implements are you planning to use this on??? Actually, how old are these implements that you plan to use this on??

If the implements are new (meaning they might be compatible with the quick hitch) then good - if the implements are old, they may not work with a quick hitch.

I have old, used implements so the Harbor Freight one only worked on a couple of my implements.

Also, what part of NC are you from? You could borrow my Harbor Freight one to see if it would work for you...

Edke6bnl

Equipment
B7800 Kubota, case 1840 Skidsteer Ford 3500
Mar 31, 2022
Agua Dulce, California
I’ve got a Harbor Freight special on my LX2610. I think I paid around $100 for it. I did have to buy an extend top hook off of Amazon to get it to work with my implements but otherwise it has been fine.
$500+ seems pretty expensive for quick hitch for these small tractors. I’m sure the Landpride is higher quality than what I bought but is it necessary for a 25hp tractor?
Exactly, I just welded an extension to the existing hook. Works great

Foxrunfarms

Equipment
Kubota LX2610, 1951 Farmall M, 1967 John Deere 110 Rf, 2010 Arctic Cat 700
Apr 25, 2023
WI
My dealer pretty much gave me the quick hitch for my lx2610. Honestly I could do with out. Growing up none of the real farm tractors had a quick hitch so hooking up 3 pt imp is just second nature. My land pride tiller is the only item that actually is quick connect for it but I still need to get off and adjust the top link and pto. My brush hog is from the 80's. I can hook up to the bottom pins but needed an extension instead of the hook for it, along with my box blade and scraper blade. It's nice not having to hook up the tractor arms but for the money I wouldn't go out of my way for a quick hitch.

20231027_170919~2.jpg
20240226_121021.jpg
20231226_123217.jpg

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Looking at the reviews of the Amazon one, I would expect to have to "modify" it a little, so if your OK with that then give it a whirl.

If it turns out to be a POS then just return it. (It does not say "free returns" but Amazon is pretty good about returning things.)

Fmac12

Equipment
L2501
Mar 10, 2024
North Carolina
What implements are you planning to use this on??? Actually, how old are these implements that you plan to use this on??

If the implements are new (meaning they might be compatible with the quick hitch) then good - if the implements are old, they may not work with a quick hitch.

I have old, used implements so the Harbor Freight one only worked on a couple of my implements.

Also, what part of NC are you from? You could borrow my Harbor Freight one to see if it would work for you...
Just a bushog,and scrape blade blade and both are fairly new should fit. Would not get a quick hitch, but at 79 and have to walk with a cane getting down to those pins is getting more of a problem. I am in Westfield nc.

fmac

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
I finagled the HF QH from the seller of my tractor. I tried it on a Rhino Box Blade, a Grader-Blade, a Rhino Rotary Cutter, a BESTSCo Finish Mower, a Rotary Tiller, a Disc-Plow/Harrow, and a Land Plane…..

The Quick Hitch from HF is as good as any….. and is not worth the trouble because it really never performs as hoped-for. One cannot simply back up to implements and get-off/get-on the tractor only one or two times to change implements. In reality, it requires multiple mounting/dis-mounting the tractor and struggling with the various mfr’s differences in implements.
The Only Way this sort of QH really has any convenience …is if ALL the implements one owns are QH-Ready….and that means they are likely from the same mfr’r. My implements are of different mfr’s and different vintages.

But having looked at HF, LandPride, JD, and others….. the HF QH is the best value….IF…IF… a QH will work for you at all.
As for me…. it would be a great buoy-anchor in the lake.

I resorted to leaving the QH in the corner of the shed and returning to the ordinary 3-pt.

Pat’s Quick HItch are well-thought-of…. but unless they could telescope…..(and they don’t)…. they still are found ”lacking”…. as far as I’m concerned.

The “Cats Meow”…?? … is switching my lower lift arms to Telescoping Lift Arms. THAT… makes changing implements a reasonable task.

Reactions: 1 users

gator tx

Equipment
Cab M7060
Aug 21, 2023
down south
Quick hitch is the ticket! Yea you might have to do some mods on the imp top link to fit but, if you can weld its no biggie. Love mine! Had it on a jd 790, had to mod the imp top link pins on some old imp. Got a new one when I got this M7060. Wrks great with a hydraulic top link.

Yotekiller

Equipment
Kubota L2502, LP 60" BB, LP pallet forks, 60" KK Tiller, 55" HSI root grapple
Sep 29, 2023
Southern Indiana
I would take a look at the Pat's quick hitch. That's what I put on my 2502 and love it!

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
OP- take a look at the Speeco E-hitch. True Cat 1. Very little movement in the bottom cradles. The E-hitch can be had for somewhere around $225. Mine has worked great.

Bottom hook
Bottom hook2.JPG

top hook

top hook2.JPG

quick hitch 2.JPG

Jim’sMX

Equipment
MX5100
Dec 19, 2023
W-S NC
Just a bushog,and scrape blade blade and both are fairly new should fit. Would not get a quick hitch, but at 79 and have to walk with a cane getting down to those pins is getting more of a problem. I am in Westfield nc.

fmac
Welcome friend, I’m down 52 right off the Rural Hall exit. I don’t use a quick hitch, but I can see where it would make my life easier with my bush hog, scrape blade and big ballast weight. You should see if Blackwelders trading post has one. It’s in Harmony. If you’ve never been it’s worth checking out. He has a bunch of old and new attachments. I got a 3 point hitch for $50. Everything is negotiable.

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
2nd the extended hook

hydraulic top link makes the connect/disconnect easier

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
2nd the extended hook

hydraulic top link makes the connect/disconnect easier

If you have top-n-tilt that's when a quick hitch really shines. So easy to hook up to an implement without leaving the seat. I have the Land Pride/Kubota QH10 and QH15 models, and the latches can be in the down/locked position and still allow the pins on the implement to snap into place.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
I'm still leaning towards cutting the ends of my 3PH and welding euro style ball hitch mounts

1710588757022.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio

fmac
Good day.

Before buying any particular brand, if not all ready done so, I’d recommend check the dimensions on the specific QH you plan to buy and double check them against the implements you have. (They don’t all fit the same)

I’d also mention how and where you set your implements will make a big difference in how easily (or not) they will attach with the QH.

I have a QH20 on MX and Pats on my B. IMO the pats set up is easier to use (especially attaching PTO as the QH frame is not blocking access to the PTO) and way more flexible from a width to pins on implements. If I were to do over I would have put pats on the MX)

Good luck. ☕

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
I’ve been using my $80. HF special for about 8 years. Like most, I added about 1 1/2” length to the top hook. I have set up multiple friends up with the same set up.
IMG_6494.jpeg
IMG_6493.jpeg

Landris

Equipment
LX 2610, LA535, BH77, 60" Box Blade, Pallet Forks, and lots of innovation.
Feb 12, 2023
Dryden, Ontario