Early 2000's BX1500 - where is serial number?

Spoldozer

Equipment
BX1500, mower deck, front loader
Apr 8, 2016
Portland-ish
Hey all,

When we bought our house almost 9 years ago, we bought the tractor with it at the same time: a BX1500 with a bit over 500hrs on it. Seemed in decent shape, the previous owners hired a local dealer to do annual maintenance on it (which including getting it on a trailer and taking it to their shop). F-that, I'm doing it myself. So I've been replacing filters and fluids, greasing zerks, replacing torn hydraulic lines and belts, removing debris from the fuel tank, and just a couple days ago I replaced the steering cylinder. I've started a spreadsheet to keep track of all the maintenance I'm doing on it and the part numbers needed, etc.

Long story short, I need the machine's serial number. I have the serial number for the mower deck and the loader bucket, but I can not find the number for the tractor itself. I've looked on the engine block, the front axle, and all the other info plates I can find on the machine, but I can't find the serial number. All the Googling I've done is not clarifying where it can be found. So I come to the online gurus of orange tractors: can anyone here point me to the right location?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
The serial number is really "not" that important

Your tractor is an 03,04 or 05 year - but even with that, that is not overly important.

A tractor (2003) could sit on the lot for 2 years - and it would be sold in 2005 - the year of manufacture does not have any real meaning - unless changes were made in those years - for example B7100 is a tractor that you DO need to know year and serial number.

Have you checked down on the flat surface near the clutch pedal?

Spoldozer

Equipment
BX1500, mower deck, front loader
Apr 8, 2016
Portland-ish
I understand it's not the end-all-be-all of necessary information, but when I go to the dealer to ask for parts they always ask for the serial number, and I don't want to keep saying "I dunno".

I'll check that clutch pedal spot. Thanks,

Dustyx2

Equipment
BX22, M7060, Landpride RC-2512, Woodmax SB84
Feb 19, 2021
NE Wyoming
My 2002 BX22 has the S/N on a sticker on the right hand side frame at about the rear of the front tire.
I do not know if it is stamped anywhere else. Mine is a 5 digit number.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
To the best of my knowledge, there is no stamped number on the tractor. My BX22 had a decal on the frame rail with the VIN. I also had a Certificate of Origin from Kubota with this same number. I gave some thought to stamping the number into the frame, but never got around to doing it. When I order parts for my BX23S the model number is all that I need.