Everything Attachments - Bankrupt?

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
You'd be surprised how much is made in North America.
Not everything (close) made in Red China is junk. True. The stuff that isn't, is copied from elsewhere. None the less, we shouldn't be funding the most powerful enemy of freedom. Regardless of the quality.

Reactions: 1 users

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You do realize the vast majority of all computer and cell phone tech comes from China, very very little is made anywhere else.

Just remember that as you type on your computer or click on your phone!

hagrid

Lifetime Member

Equipment
K1600GTL, ZX-14R
Jun 11, 2018
Pittsburgh
Were you a field rep? If you were, I bet we crossed paths more then once
I was the sweaty kid dressed head to toe in leather and a welding haymet.

Lincoln's field guy that bid jobs was Rick Antosh. He and my dad were besties.

Hemscheidt's field guy was Don Sussman.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I was the sweaty kid dressed head to toe in leather and a welding haymet.

Lincoln's field guy that bid jobs was Rick Antosh. He and my dad were besties.

Hemscheidt's field guy was Don Sussman.
Yeah well if you ever heard them bytch about an MSHA electrical guy,,,,, that wasnt me :)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

hagrid

Lifetime Member

Equipment
K1600GTL, ZX-14R
Jun 11, 2018
Pittsburgh
You might've known my dad's dad, Joe. He was a federal mine inspector.

hagrid

Lifetime Member

Equipment
K1600GTL, ZX-14R
Jun 11, 2018
Pittsburgh
When Consol was where the PennDOT garage is now on 519.

I think. T'was many moons ago. He drove from Lone Pine down to Waynesburg a lot.

GrassLakeRon

Equipment
B8200HST-DP , RC60-82h Mower Deck, Woods RB6 Rear Blade
Oct 27, 2023
Grass Lake, Michigan
You do realize the vast majority of all computer and cell phone tech comes from China, very very little is made anywhere else.

My welder was made in China. It's going on 25 years without one problem. Both of my laptops I use at work are 2009 vintage China products. I'm truly am sorry for those folks who were out big bucks for equipment. A long time ago for I went to a "cash and carry" way of life. Orders over $150 are discussed before buying when online or over the phone just for that reason. The Tucker way of doing business is a hard lesson.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
My welder was made in China. It's going on 25 years without one problem. Both of my laptops I use at work are 2009 vintage China products. I'm truly am sorry for those folks who were out big bucks for equipment. A long time ago for I went to a "cash and carry" way of life. Orders over $150 are discussed before buying when online or over the phone just for that reason. The Tucker way of doing business is a hard lesson.
The simple reality is we live in a global economy where the USA and China are the largest and nearly equal counties contributing to supply. We cannot cut ourselves off from an economy of that size.

When it comes to electronic snooping we live in a world were microprocessors are becoming a part of everything we use. My "smart" refrigerator is as much a trojan as my cellphone.

Dan

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: We cannot cut ourselves off from an economy of that size.
well, we (cda,usa,mex) could IF we 'bought local'.we USED to make EVERYTHING here in North America then along came greed and corruption and allowed 'offshore' manufacturing and cheap imports.
simply putting an 'environmental tarriff' on everything coming into North America would help
there's lots of ways to get the prices of good ,local vs imported ,to be close, then let the public decide with their wallets and conscious

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
re: We cannot cut ourselves off from an economy of that size.
well, we (cda,usa,mex) could IF we 'bought local'.we USED to make EVERYTHING here in North America then along came greed and corruption and allowed 'offshore' manufacturing and cheap imports.
simply putting an 'environmental tarriff' on everything coming into North America would help
there's lots of ways to get the prices of good ,local vs imported ,to be close, then let the public decide with their wallets and conscious
You are dreaming.

Dan

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
The simple reality is we live in a global economy where the USA and China are the largest and nearly equal counties contributing to supply. We cannot cut ourselves off from an economy of that size.

When it comes to electronic snooping we live in a world were microprocessors are becoming a part of everything we use. My "smart" refrigerator is as much a trojan as my cellphone.

Dan
IMHO deliberately avoiding Chinese products, simply because they are made in China, is silly.
I usually opt to buy the BEST products available to me.
I drive a German built car, and have two Japanese built tractors!

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
dreaming...yes, cause I remember when stereos were MADE 30 miles north of me, transfomers and cases 35, Steel 12 miles(worked there, along with 9,999 others...),drywall wasn't imported from the USA,gasoline made 22 miles from me, and of course soft fruits(peaches,etc. ( in the Niagara Fruit Belt ).ICs were made 7 miles from me, and Robertson screws 32 miles away. vehicles made 18 miles from me.Tractors and farm equipment 12 and 22 miles from me.
yes, back then Canadians made 'stuff' .
what we have now is an entire World that is 'not in the best of condition' aka s-c-r-e-w-e-d.
Given the right incentives,policies and willpower NA could be 100% self sufficient

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
dreaming...yes, cause I remember when stereos were MADE 30 miles north of me, transfomers and cases 35, Steel 12 miles(worked there, along with 9,999 others...),drywall wasn't imported from the USA,gasoline made 22 miles from me, and of course soft fruits(peaches,etc. ( in the Niagara Fruit Belt ).ICs were made 7 miles from me, and Robertson screws 32 miles away. vehicles made 18 miles from me.Tractors and farm equipment 12 and 22 miles from me.
yes, back then Canadians made 'stuff' .
what we have now is an entire World that is 'not in the best of condition' aka s-c-r-e-w-e-d.
Given the right incentives,policies and willpower NA could be 100% self sufficient
Ah yes..
Robertson screws....
I wonder why they never really caught on in the USA?
They are vastly superior to Phillips!

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia

Some parts are from The Red Dragon, but the majority of my phone is made in Korea. My computers are company issue. No control over that.
I completely understand the global economy blah blah blah. I'd rather buy something made elsewhere even if it has communist parts. Morally, I cannot fund our number 1 threat

Marengo

Equipment
B6200HSTD 4WD, Land Pride FDR1548, Woods BR60, 4' Brush Hog, DIY 8'Yard Trailer
Jun 4, 2015
Marengo,Ohio
I'm glade I stumbled on this post. I had ordered a disc harrow back in October and asked them to hold off deliver till this March. I was having it delivered to work and didn't know how winter weather was going to be as I'd have to run the tractor to work to pick it up. Does anyone have experience with refunds if you've used PayPal. It looks like they allow you to contest charges up 180 days.

Last edited:

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
Americans didn't want to pay P.L. Robertson to use his patent, which is shows WHY the screws stay on.....instead they came out with 'square drive'.
BTW you shouldn't mix square drive parts with Robertsons, 'close but no cigar' !

Yes I know 'how the World works', just don't agree with it especially since it could be a LOT better with a little effort.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
I'm glade I stumbled on this post. I had ordered a disc harrow back in October and asked them to hold off deliver till this March. I was having it delivered to work and didn't know how winter weather was going to be as I'd have to run the tractor to work to pick it up. Does anyone have experience with refunds if you've used PayPal. It looks like they allow you to contest charges up 180 days.
Hopefully you made the purchase through YOUR PayPal account and not used checkout as guest.
The other hiccup is if PP considers it "industrial machinery" or a "custom made" product. Those are excluded from their buyer protection.
Either way, it's in your best interest to start the process, like, yesterday.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I have had zero problems. File a claim for non-delivery of goods and you will get your money back.

Dan