What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

lakehouse_dreaming

Equipment
L3901HST, LA525 FEL, RGA1258 tiller, RCR1860 rotary cutter
Nov 2, 2021
View attachment 122189

Nephew and I did some more work at the farm. We went out to the old barn and found an old cultivator so we decided to dig it out and give it try. We need a longer top link on the tractor, but we got it to work.

I also switched out my grapple for my bucket to do some dirt work. The grapple didn't come off often. View attachment 122190

(Edited to correct typos, hate posting from my phone. )
I have that same cultivator that my grandfather bought new in the early 1960s when he was farming. I dug mine out of the woods a few years ago and I am now wanting to take it apart, sand it down, and repaint it to try and preserve it so my grandkids can have it one day.

Reactions: 1 users

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
Are these seat covers supposed to be that loose? Something like that would annoy me while sitting on them, if it created any kind of bunching - maybe its a non-issue once you're seated, just seems like an ill-fitting seat cover?
I have Grammer air ride seats in both tractors and good luck finding a "fitted" seat cover for them. These covers are generic based on cushion and seat back dimensions but I really like them. The canvas has a sheen to it that makes the cover look less fitted than it is but there's definitely no bunching. The quality of the stitching and material are evident and no doubt I'll get a lifetime of use out of them. Additionally, they're easy to remove if needed.

The worst part of all of this was having to remove the plastic covers off the seat in the M6060. The three cushions were encased in plastic and then screwed to the frame, so I had to unscrew each cushion in order to get all of the plastic off.
^Agree.. the seat cover looks like saggy pants off a gangsta.

I have an air ride seat in the SVL, it was a Kubota brand, or rebranded seat.
I bought a Durafit seat cover and it fits like a glove. The Durafit had specified models that the cover fits perfectly.

Plus they were made in TEXAS!
Durafit Seat Covers, KU24 MC2 Orange KUBOTA Models SVL 75-95.2 KUBOTA Skid Loader, KX0400, U48-5 Excavator in Orange Camo Endura https://a.co/d/hIEdW8J

Not my pic, but looks just like that.
Screenshot_20240216_072656_Amazon Shopping~2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
^Agree.. the seat cover looks like saggy pants off a gangsta.

I have an air ride seat in the SVL, it was a Kubota brand, or rebranded seat.
I bought a Durafit seat cover and it fits like a glove. The Durafit had specified models that the cover fits perfectly.

Plus they were made in TEXAS!
Durafit Seat Covers, KU24 MC2 Orange KUBOTA Models SVL 75-95.2 KUBOTA Skid Loader, KX0400, U48-5 Excavator in Orange Camo Endura https://a.co/d/hIEdW8J

Not my pic, but looks just like that.
View attachment 122508
Is it a Grammer seat in your SVL? Like I keep saying, there are no fitted covers for the two Grammer seats I have and I'm more than happy with them and that's all that matters since I paid for them.

There are some really good members here such as @pokey1416. He loaned me his tire groover last year and reached out to me a few weeks ago and offered me a Durafit cover that he's not using. I thanked him for the kind offer but informed him that it wouldn't fit the Grammer seats.

Last edited:

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
It was around 0F this morning but another beautiful day to be in a warm cab with sun streaming through the glass, and light, dry snow to move around. I wish I had feet of snow to move rather than 1" or so, but I like to keep on top of it regardless.

This MX6000 is such an easy tractor to live with day in and day out despite the "saggy pants" seat cover. Still running the blower at 2,200 rpm, pushing at 2,000 rpm and coming back up the lower driveway at 2,350 rpm. No regens in many, many hours and so much more efficient in terms of fuel consumption.

These photos aren't filtered in any way, just resized. That's how gorgeous a day it is. :D

mx6000_1.jpg

mx6000_2.jpg

mx6000_3.jpg

mx6000_4.jpg

mx6000_5.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14 users

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
It was around 0F this morning but another beautiful day to be in a warm cab with sun streaming through the glass, and light, dry snow to move around. I wish I had feet of snow to move rather than 1" or so, but I like to keep on top of it regardless.

This MX6000 is such an easy tractor to live with day in and day out despite the "saggy pants" seat cover. Still running the blower at 2,200 rpm, pushing at 2,000 rpm and coming back up the lower driveway at 2,350 rpm. No regens in many, many hours and so much more efficient in terms of fuel consumption.

These photos aren't filtered in any way, just resized. That's how gorgeous a day it is. :D

View attachment 122531

View attachment 122532

View attachment 122533

View attachment 122534

View attachment 122535
Nice 'Drive By' pics lol

DomG

Equipment
LX2610hsd/535FEL/BH77/PFL1242/BB1260 -- Toro Zero Turn
Oct 19, 2023
Alberta Canada
Breaking in the new Lx2610 (just hit 16 hours) Working on reclaiming the old trails and fence lines (been doing by hand last 2 years with saw and quad). So much quicker with the tractor! Come summer create a berm to cross the beaver ponds and gain access to the back half of our property
1708121330306.jpeg

1708121390188.jpeg

Reactions: 11 users

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
Breaking in the new Lx2610 (just hit 16 hours) Working on reclaiming the old trails and fence lines (been doing by hand last 2 years with saw and quad). So much quicker with the tractor! Come summer create a berm to cross the beaver ponds and gain access to the back half of our property
View attachment 122545
View attachment 122546
Get someone local with a cnc and make you plate out ar400 steel with cutters to bolt on and mount on the side of the tractor bucket. I have seen them before, can't find it, but it makes nice to clear out those higher tree limbs on the trails/along fence lines.

Reactions: 1 user

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
View attachment 122545
View attachment 122546
Try to remember that you have a TRACTOR!
If you use it as a bulldozer, it will break!

L2800 Driver

Equipment
L2800HST, LA463, BH75, PHD35 Auger, RB60 Blade
Nov 6, 2021
Oregon High Desert
Had some fun with our L2800 today! Mounted the new Edge Tamers on the bucket, and cleared the driveway of about 4-inches of snow.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Started with this pick up sticks mess of storm felled pines that’s had one of our trails closed for longer than I would prefer. They were also close enough to the beehive stands the tops would hit the stands if/when they fell further. We don’t have the bees since Dad passed but that doesn’t quite translate into being good with smashing the stands quite yet. For whatever reason, this approximate 1/4 acre has by far the most jacked up, wind damaged, fallen, and half fallen trees on the whole place and it just happens to be adjacent to the old bee yard.

Been waiting for the new Farmi W50R to help untangle this mess. Not trying to make it pretty, just trying to clear the trail.
IMG_1893.jpeg

Stared at it for about 20 minutes trying to figure out how to pull it apart one tree at a time. Abandoned the piecemeal plan and decided to see if the Farmi had enough grunt to rip the whole wad of trees down from the trees they were hung in and backward through the other fallen trees that aren’t in the trail.

The biggest tree in the bunch was still attached to the stump stuck in the ground. Cut it off at an angle so it would hopefully slide sideways around the stump. Didn’t expect the Farmi to pull that mess single line, but I’m still learning it, so set up a snatch block to reverse pull direction (tractor parked sideways in trail a bit down from the problem) and gave it a whirl single line. As expected, didn’t get far.

Reset with an added snatch block on the choker to double line pull. Also changed the choker to a 1/2” Grade 70, which made me feel a bit better about potentially putting as much as a bit north of 20,000lb on the choker. Tried to get a decent pic of the setup but it was a gray cable in a tangle of gray trees so they all came out looking like I strapped a body cam to a rabbit hanging out in a brush pile.

The rather lame pic below was about the best I could do. Obviously after the pull. The butt of the largest problem pine is buried under an old log and some other busted mess that was in the way. Line back to the winch on the tree on the right. Tree on the left is the anchor for snatch block on the choker. Doesn’t look very big, and I guess it isn’t from standpoint of girth.

IMG_1896.jpeg

But it just goes on and on and on. At least it’s out of the trail now. Had to pull one of the other trees a bit further, but a relatively quick single line pull handled that nicely and put all of them completely on the ground.

Yes, the L and Farmi are in the last photo, albeit in a “Where’s Waldo” sort of way. One of the things I really like about the winch, aside from its obvious ability to yard logs out of difficult terrain and skid them to the wood yard, is the ability to efficiently and safely put stuff like this on the ground. There was a little saw work to this, but when this was actually coming down, I was over there with the winch pulling on the clutch rope. That and it is quite a bit faster and easier than rigging ropes and chains for drawbar pulls.
IMG_1897.jpeg

In case you can’t see it, about 3/4 up from the bottom, over by the left edge, there’s a little red/orange spot. That’s the tractor and winch. Just left of that there’s a little green spot. That’s the Mule, aka the support vehicle. Neither anywhere near the action.

Reactions: 10 users

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Happy day. Got released after 6months to finally get back on the Orange on Friday. We got around 5” of snow last night, not enough to have to plow but I haven’t been on a tractor since the end of July. I think I may take a celebratory pass up and down the drive this morning.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Happy day. Got released after 6months to finally get back on the Orange on Friday. We got around 5” of snow last night, not enough to have to plow but I haven’t been on a tractor since the end of July. I think I may take a celebratory pass up and down the drive this morning.
When you want to be outside and use the tractor any excuse is good enough! ;)

Has to be refreshing to get the doctor's release.

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
When you want to be outside and use the tractor any excuse is good enough! ;)

Has to be refreshing to get the doctor's release.
I got to take the garbage out to the dump today and loved every minute. 6months done and 6 more till my full release. Still have restrictions but I’m up to being able to lift 50lbs from 20. No golf till August and no full contact sports anymore. Was thinking of a WWE career, oh well. I suck at golf so I’m not heartbroken by that news. For now I will pull the chicken tractor in the barn and do a new roof so I can stand upright inside. Bought all the wood last spring and never felt well enough to do it then. I’m ready to get back in the game.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
11 degrees this morning….but the sun is out which helps a lot…it took a little longer to get the boil going…so we split some wood in between fire stoking…the forced air system works great. 🥃

Attachments

Reactions: 4 users

River19

Equipment
B2601, RB1560, BB1260 and BX2830 blower
Sep 10, 2020
NH/VT NEK
Got a few inches of snow late last week and the back blade and front blower made quick work of it. Been a light ....very light winter to date (of course now that I said that.....)

Finally had a little time with my friend who is an electrician so we put in a few outlets into the Morton Building since we had power run to it when our solar project went in the Fall. We also installed a large overhead light with a temporary extension cord until we get warmer weather to run permanent wiring. He was able to grab a couple of these large overhead LED warehouse lights from a job site where these were being replaced with something else......Like daylight in there now.

I also had to replace the rear ROPS light so I just went with a decent unit from TSC, nothing special and is disposable if/when it dies.
IMG_5948.jpeg
IMG_5947.jpeg
IMG_5946.jpeg
IMG_5927.jpeg
IMG_5926.jpeg

Reactions: 4 users

Trapper Bob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, Wicked grapple, 6’ bush hog, pallet forks, 7’ box blade, 6’ Wicked bucket
Jan 17, 2022
Andover, KS
Drove the tractor around my brome field searching for prickly pear cactus. Found some & relocated it to an old chicken coop that I plan to burn soon. I filled the inside with wood & will add an accelerant. Do you think this will get the job done?
IMG_9974.jpeg

IMG_9976.jpeg

Reactions: 6 users

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Fell another blonded Ash tree today. Here are couple pictures of the 60" logs I got out of it. These are the 4 butt logs. I went 60" instead of 80" because it was getting pretty muddy. We had rain and then snow Friday and it got up to 53F today and I wasn't sure about the extra weight. I was able to get 6 of the logs blocked up and split.

13_04_48.jpg

13_15_33.jpg

Reactions: 10 users