Hydraulic Oil funnel??

John T

Equipment
2017 BX23S
May 5, 2017
under a rock
I use one similar to this on my L.

But that Lisle right angle one looks "interesting".

Edit: I found it so interesting that I bought one....hahah. BTW, they are $11.44 at the Big A, so I got one on the way

View attachment 122398
I had one of those but I cut it down... Don't ask... :ROFLMAO:

'

The next question is where the heck to put all these funnels...

I currently throw them on a shelf.... (funnel town)

Been meaning to make a board or something so's I kin hang em and drip oil on the floor..

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
'

Been meaning to make a board or something so's I kin hang em and drip oil on the floor..

My wife "donated" a plastic bowl that I keep the short funnels in.

The long funnels hang from various nails around the shop. To prevent 'drippage" I use a rag or paper towel and pull it through the bottom of the funnel, but not completely through. This soaks up any remaining fluid.

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
GTFO
They're nuts.
I wonder if it's a misprint. Extra 9 maybe?
$11.46 and free shipping on the popular auction site.

Often when you see a ridiculous high price it is because the product isn't available from that supplier.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
I had one of those but I cut it down... Don't ask... :ROFLMAO:

'

I wash the funnels and store them in a covered 5 gallon bucket so they are ready for the next use.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
The main funnel I use I store inside an old T-shirt and that is kept in a locker. The shirt is now oily, but I never have to wipe out the funnel or be concerned with contamination of anything.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I put the used funnel into a plastic shopping bag and tied the handles together with a piece of paper towel at the bottom. Next time I need it, it is still clean, and I can tear the bag open if I tie it too tightly, and get another from the kitchen where my wife stores them. I got her into the habit of putting anything into them that would make a mess in the garbage bin. Some of my funnels are nothing more than an old plastic oil container that I have repurposed. Some are 60+-year-old commercially built funnels. Remember the old containers that you used to put water into the battery or the large round flat sided one that you filled the radiator with, I still have them both plus a few more, like an oil can that you fill with oil, and then put the spout into the engine fill tube, push down on a tab and the oil flows out the bottom of the canister through the metal hose into the engine? Yup, got one of those also. Even have a few glass bottles with the funnel attached to the top that oil was dispensed when you were at the full-service gas station. When I pass, the funeral is at 10 AM, Lunch is at noon, and the auction to get rid of all my "stuff" starts at 1 PM sharp. Bidding starts at a penny, and there is no reserve on anything. It will probably run for a week before everything is gone.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
For large quantities of oil (like filling the HST) I just siphon it with a 3/8 poly hose. Set the pail on a shelf and let her rip. Have I overfilled? Yes.....but it's easy enough to siphon it back out on the L.
Funnel storage! I stole this idea from a shop. This photo is not mine, but it is nearly identical. I put silicone dish covers on the open end to keep dirt and dust out. Dish covers

1708028544592.png

Reactions: 1 users

John T

Equipment
2017 BX23S
May 5, 2017
under a rock
For large quantities of oil (like filling the HST) I just siphon it with a 3/8 poly hose. Set the pail on a shelf and let her rip. Have I overfilled? Yes.....but it's easy enough to siphon it back out on the L.
Funnel storage! I stole this idea from a shop. This photo is not mine, but it is nearly identical. I put silicone dish covers on the open end to keep dirt and dust out. Dish covers

View attachment 122480
Well,
Ain't that the Cats meow....

I might have to steal the idea you stole...

Reactions: 1 user