Grapple questions

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
If you absolutely distrust anyone who post, specifically on FB, what makes you thing folks on this forum are any different/better?
OTT doesn't install unremovable tracking software on new cell phones and OTT uses tracking sites but I can block those. IMHO that makes OTT better.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
This lawsuit

Has apparently created a lot of stir around EA. Reading various forum post, articles, etc. I can find nothing that confirms that EA is closed. Yet, I don't live in that town, I know no one that works there, and I don't have a magic crystal ball.

Does there seem to be some potential concern about EA? Yes. Yet, anyone that has been involved in businesses know that lawsuits are extremely common on both sides and part of the reason consumers get to pay extra money for the stuff we want.

My two cents, I wouldn't write EA off, but I would want to make contact with someone from the company before I would place an order.

Reactions: 1 user

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Hopefully it is just that, a temporary closing. I feel sorry for the workers if the company has closed. There are always other equipment manufactures that will work to meet our needs.

Not as simple for the worker to always find another job.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
It was noted on another forum that they had not paid their tax bill, which is easy enough to check.

1707148878783.png

• Sad

Jim’sMX

Equipment
MX5100
Dec 19, 2023
W-S NC
What started out as an attempted ea 55 purchase has ended with an order placed for the Homestead pinnacle 55 and money saved. Thanks for everyone’s input and hopefully I’ll be reviewing my new grapple in 8 weeks, or less.

Reactions: 3 users

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
I had to to provide my cc # to place order, so when I get my bill I’ll know if they charged it immediately.
Gotcha. I really want to pull the trigger on a rake, but don't want to shell out the coin just yet. We are putting in 400' of fence and that dropped the reserves a little lower than I like.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Kind of sad to say, but if you have already purchased a product from them you HAVE contributed but apparently they didn't manage it properly.
This is just a guess, but I suspect that EA may not actually be bankrupt.
My supposition is, that their ongoing dispute with the new building contractor, has caused their law firm to recommend "closing" the business, to preserve assets.

Reactions: 1 users

Jim’sMX

Equipment
MX5100
Dec 19, 2023
W-S NC
Less than 24hrs from placing the order and I got an update that my grapple will be shipping in 4-6 weeks. Cost less and delivered in under 2 months. I was worried they might already be swamped in ea overflow.

drumminj

Equipment
L4701, Mule 4010
Nov 4, 2021
TN
Less than 24hrs from placing the order and I got an update that my grapple will be shipping in 4-6 weeks. Cost less and delivered in under 2 months. I was worried they might already be swamped in ea overflow.
I have a Homestead Pinnacle grapple (and a couple of their other implements) and have been very happy with them. Have not been easy on the grapple and have had no issues.

I suspect you will be happy with your purchase.

rh74

Equipment
LX2610, LA535, BH77, LX2980, RB1672, BB2560, PFL1242
Feb 17, 2024
Hoosick Falls, NY
I have a Virnig root rack grapple. I think it's a pretty well built and it's made in the USA. I needed one ASAP. I couldn't find much for reviews for this model, but their reviews for skid steer attachments are very good. So, based on those reviews I bought it. I'm really happy with and the best part is they are readly available. I did buy mine from Messicks as they had it in-stock. Two of my local tractor dealers said they could have one from the factory 1 week. Below is a link to Virnig model I have. They make a lot of different size and models of grapples.

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
I have a Virnig root rack grapple. I think it's a pretty well built and it's made in the USA. I needed one ASAP. I couldn't find much for reviews for this model, but their reviews for skid steer attachments are very good. So, based on those reviews I bought it. I'm really happy with and the best part is they are readly available. I did buy mine from Messicks as they had it in-stock. Two of my local tractor dealers said they could have one from the factory 1 week. Below is a link to Virnig model I have. They make a lot of different size and models of grapples.

I have the 54" and wouldn't buy another one. The loader arms stick down well below the grapple causing them to dig soil unless the grapple is tilted far forward. The forward tilt reduces the effective opening. The grapple cannot be placed on the ground for removal because the loader arms are already on the ground. The bottom tines aren't gusseted on the 54" model so they bend easily, add to that they are only welded on one side and some of those welds are poor. A call to Vernig got the usual "no one else has a problem" response. Likewise, mentioning the problems on this forum results in the same kind of insults.

Jim’sMX

Equipment
MX5100
Dec 19, 2023
W-S NC

I wasn’t aware of this manufacturer. The spec sheet shows the 55” is lighter than the Homestead and a ships within days claim. I bought the Homestead, but I’m still waiting for delivery. They did immediately charge my card for the grapple if that’s an issue for folks.