Premium UDT on sale

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Lots incl. B and L kubotas
Dec 2, 2019
E.
Well with hope spring will soon arrive I went to my local dealer to stock up on stuff needed for my spring service tasks.

At first he said pricing on their premium UDT was going to come down later this spring by as much as 20% if I could just wait. I said no problems I be in no rush.

When I drove around back to pick up my other goodies i saw a fresh pail on my pallet with a note that said "no charge / see you in spring". I didn't get a free hat last time I bought a tractor but this was a nice surprise. Paid for my drive into town and my burger to boot. Its nice to get recognized for frequenting the local dealership versus buying online with no name/face to stuff I bought

1706760080222.png

Reactions: 19 users

Tractor Gal

Equipment
BX23D MLB
Oct 30, 2020
NC
That WAS a nice gesture! I've been wondering how to know when the USDT2 is on sale. The local dealership has moved to a larger area and seems to have joined with other tractor models.

So...how to find out when Kubota HST fluid is on sale?

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Lots incl. B and L kubotas
Dec 2, 2019
E.
That WAS a nice gesture! I've been wondering how to know when the USDT2 is on sale. The local dealership has moved to a larger area and seems to have joined with other tractor models.

It was just a complete accident and good will from my dealer.

Around here people like me like to make a lot of preventative maintenance based on time of year versus hours. I don't seem to have much time in summers and winter when -30 is a real pain so I tend to go through all my stuff spring and fall.

Filter changes, grease, fluids, wiring and battery checks, wheel and nut inspections, etc.... Complete head to tail inspection in spring and fall. Preventative versus reactive maintenance.

So the manager overheard heard my need for all the fluids and guessed I was getting ready for spring preventative mode and not simply fixing a leak or topping up an immediate need. Nice guy for sure and why the dealership is successful and busy i guess. I sure appreciate having his experts around when I need him and he knows it so supports those who support him by sharing some info that probably doesn't cost him much in the end. They know I will be back.

Reactions: 1 user

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
I also prefer to hit my local dealer for odds n ends. I'm sure I could save a few bucks online somewhere. But, if everyone does that, dealers would close. Where will you go for advice or help or a emergency? I have asked them for a price match every so often. Last time with a grille guard. I told them I could get it from Messicks for $xxx including shipping. The parts guy said no problem.

Tractor Gal

Equipment
BX23D MLB
Oct 30, 2020
NC
I also prefer to hit my local dealer for odds n ends. I'm sure I could save a few bucks online somewhere. But, if everyone does that, dealers would close. Where will you go for advice or help or a emergency? I have asked them for a price match every so often. Last time with a grille guard. I told them I could get it from Messicks for $xxx including shipping. The parts guy said no problem.
Sadly, it appears that some dealerships are not consumer driven. In fact, I was at the local dealership when I first got this used tractor. I was buying parts, fluids, etc., so it wasn't a "cheap" purchase. It was nearing closing time...maybe 30 minutes prior to close...and I had a question that the parts staff couldn't answer. They said I would need to speak with a mechanic. At that time, the head dude walked out. They mentioned my question and he just kept right on walking. He may have had an emergency or some other reason to avoid going into an explanation of my question but, if so, he could've said, "I'm sorry. I must go on right now. Please call at another time and I'll try to help you." If I had another choice of dealers, I would take it. But that's just me. I don't expect the royal treatment for my little piddly stuff but a little help would go a long way.

TG

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Sadly, it appears that some dealerships are not consumer driven. In fact, I was at the local dealership when I first got this used tractor. I was buying parts, fluids, etc., so it wasn't a "cheap" purchase. It was nearing closing time...maybe 30 minutes prior to close...and I had a question that the parts staff couldn't answer. They said I would need to speak with a mechanic. At that time, the head dude walked out. They mentioned my question and he just kept right on walking. He may have had an emergency or some other reason to avoid going into an explanation of my question but, if so, he could've said, "I'm sorry. I must go on right now. Please call at another time and I'll try to help you." If I had another choice of dealers, I would take it. But that's just me. I don't expect the royal treatment for my little piddly stuff but a little help would go a long way.

TG
Well that's just $h!tty customer service if you always get treated like that. Everyone has their bad days, but if that's typical then I'd be on the phone with the owner/ manager. I have a low tolerance for lack of respect.

hedgerow

Jan 2, 2015
Malcolm NE

I remember the good old days when all the JD dealers in my area were privately own and the owner would do nice gesture's like that or give a nice discount on a big parts order. Now all of them are owned by a mega store and no discounts or freebees. I don't have any Kubota dealers close to me. So far in my two thousand plus hours on the MX 6000 I have only needed oil and filters. I only buy the Kubota USDT2 and I bought that when I was in the city. I don't use Kubota filters or engine oil. Don't know about Kubota but JD always runs there filters and oil on sale in Feb. Just got a card in the mail yesterday the sale starts next week.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I only buy filters and parts from the local dealer who is less than 3 miles from my house. I recently asked for a quote to add the window defrost and rear wiper to my M6060.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

TG
I TOTALLY..... agree with you !!!!

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Dayum, I never get flyers or gifts, bought 2 tractors and not a hat, but a 5 gallon bucket of SUDT,, son you need to make sure that dealer gets a Xmas card from you !! Oh and a shout out to them (dealer and location )in here wouldnt hurt either

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Dayum, I never get flyers or gifts, bought 2 tractors and not a hat, but a 5 gallon bucket of SUDT,, son you need to make sure that dealer gets a Xmas card from you !! Oh and a shout out to them (dealer and location )in here wouldnt hurt either
At today's prices, 10% off is probably only about $14, but..... still beats a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Sadly, it appears that some dealerships are not consumer driven.

TG

i used to work at one of those kinds of kubota dealers. You're not wrong. The dollar is much more important than the customer and I don't work for people like that. I FULLY understand that dollars keep the doors open, but the dollars come very easily once excellent customer service is implemented. That doesn't always mean free stuff, but it does mean that the dealer personnel need to take care of the people who choose to take care of the dealer.

Reactions: 1 users

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
I remember the good old days when all the JD dealers in my area were privately own and the owner would do nice gesture's like that or give a nice discount on a big parts order.

Deere caters to larger corporate dealers. They cut out the little guys in the late 1990's and it was in full effect by about 05. I was one of them. The mom and pop shops were given a choice to get bigger or sell out.

Kubota was doing the same thing in about 2016 or so. It's all part of "growth" of the brand. I respect that but I don't like it one bit. Those mom-and-pop stores were the bread and butter of the entire dealer network.

I've been on both sides of the counter on this; as a dealer worker and as a customer. it sucks. I saw what corporate atmosphere is all about after spending 26 years at a mom-and-pop dealership. I did that for 2 1/2 years and I couldn't take no more of it. Those guys filled us with so much 'stuff' that even I, the most patient and forgiving person on Earth, couldn't put up with. The kubota reps were in agreement with me, but they had to side with the big dealer. One saturday morning I said I ain't doing this no more and quit cold turkey-no plan, but enough in the bank to survive on for the next 6-8 months easily. Almost 30 total years at that dealer. 26 with the mom-and-pop, which was bought out when the owners retired in 2018. They were forced to, kubota wanted them to go bigger, to carry a full line of equipment and the lot that dealer set on was not big enough, and no room for growth. So in their 70's, rather than going through all the mess of buying a new place and all that, they said we're just gonna retire. I don't blame them.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

Botamon

Equipment
M7060HDC12, John Deere 2020 diesel
Mar 26, 2018
Winnemucca, Nevada
That bucket of oil in the first post is marked "Premium UDT". Does anyone know the difference between Premium UDT and Super UDT2???