What is this part for?

RpTractorMan

Equipment
B2601
Jan 27, 2024
Rochester, NY
I've been looking through this website, my manual and some other online resources and I can't figure out what this part is. It was on the floor where I park the b2601 tractor in the barn. I noticed it when I pulled back into the barn today. I took a look underneath the tractor and I can't figure out what it is or where it goes. It's actually a bolt that fits into what looks like an adjustable threaded bushing.

Attachments

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Typically called a Rubber Nut or WELL NUT assuming part of the fitting is not metal but rubber.
As the fastener is tightened down it expand the rubber part securing it to whatever hole it is inserted into.
I have seen used on Vetter motorcycle fairings, fastening glass shower door hinges to fibreglass surround.

forum Rubber nut.jpg

Could be used to secure two metal pieces together where access is only on one side precluding use of bolt and nut
Dave

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Typically called a Rubber Nut or WELL NUT assuming part of the fitting is not metal but rubber.
As the fastener is tightened down it expand the rubber part securing it to whatever hole it is inserted into.
I have seen used on Vetter motorcycle fairings, fastening glass shower door hinges to fibreglass surround.

View attachment 121271

Could be used to secure two metal pieces together where access is only on one side precluding use of bolt and nut
Dave
Isn't there a steel nut inside the rubber piece as show in the above picture on the little finger? The part with the arrow is inserted into the hole and when the bolt is tightened the steel nut pulls in and secures the item.

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin

View attachment 121271

Dave
Yep. Also can used as a stop-gap temporary oil pan plug. Check your oil!

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
That’s a lot of rust. Probably not off the B.

More likely picked up on the tire and dropped in the parking area.

Reactions: 1 users

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It's not Stock Kubota.
Did you buy the tractor new?
What implements do you have?
What other Equipment?
What other vehicles are in the barn?

RpTractorMan

Equipment
B2601
Jan 27, 2024
Rochester, NY
I originally thought that they might be off something else but it's a dead on match for the paint color. The bolt and the nut are metal. I didn't think the nut was rubber so took a magnet to both just to double check. We have several implements but none are true. Kubota, so I'm not sure why it would have the same matching paint color. I'm pretty sure it's from the b2601 or the kabota bucket attachment. Still can't seem to find where.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Looks like part of a brake adjuster.
YES you nailed it.
It's a adjuster for drum brakes.
And no it's not off your tractor.
Do you have an equipment trailer or have you done a brake job on anything lately?

Dustball

Equipment
2016 B2650HSDC
Sep 15, 2023
Hudson, WI
YES you nailed it.
It's a adjuster for drum brakes.
And no it's not off your tractor.
Do you have an equipment trailer or have you done a brake job on anything lately?
I've never seen a drum brake adjuster where it looks like one end is a slotted round head screw. Doesn't mean they don't exist- I'm curious where you've seen this type used.

Reactions: 1 user