L345DT pto lever jumping out in low shall I buy

Ilyak

Equipment
L345dt
Jan 26, 2024
Kent
Hi all
This morning I sold an ST30 and a B6100 with loader to buy l345DT with loader.
All ok bit tatty but that’s ok.
However pto lever works in high position but clatters and jumps out in normal/low.
I am wondering if just lever bent (seems like if I pushed further would be better but can’t) or a gear chipped.
I’m guessing fixing will not be easy.
Plan to use sprayer and mower and can run on high at lower rpm
Want it for vineyard so plan to remove wheel arches and wheels to narrowest to get under 5ft.
Thoughts?
Well priced and hard to get narrow tractors with cabs here.
Old ones going below.
All thoughts appreciated.

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Do you have the WSM (aka service manual) for the L345DT?
Go to Kubotabooks.com to get it.

That will give you an idea on what is involved to fix it.

Parts for The L345DT are going to be tough to get in the UK / EU but there are several sources here in the US.

Reactions: 1 user

Ilyak

Equipment
L345dt
Jan 26, 2024
Kent
Do you have the WSM (aka service manual) for the L345DT?
Go to Kubotabooks.com to get it.

That will give you an idea on what is involved to fix it.

Parts for The L345DT are going to be tough to get in the UK / EU but there are several sources here in the US.
Cheers, downloaded manuals but wondered if common issue. Also with cab assume getting to gearbox is a major operation

007kubotaguy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100DT L245DT JD 2355
Dec 23, 2012
Herald Calif.
I have found this to be a common problem with the L345. I have fixed many of these. Your tractor has a two-stage clutch. The PTO portion gets out of adjustment and when engaging the PTO it grinds. After allowing this to happen for a long time the gears get chewed up. Here is an example of one. The last time I checked Kubota no longer supply's the gears. Good luck

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

Ilyak

Equipment
L345dt
Jan 26, 2024
Kent
I have found this to be a common problem with the L345. I have fixed many of these. Your tractor has a two-stage clutch. The PTO portion gets out of adjustment and when engaging the PTO it grinds. After allowing this to happen for a long time the gears get chewed up. Here is an example of one. The last time I checked Kubota no longer supply's the gears. Good luck
Thanks very much. I am thinking with a sprayer and a rotary mower I can keep the revs down a bit and use the higher speed.

I was looking for but couldn’t find a torque/power curve for the V1501 but I am guessing torque is pretty flat so at say 1800 rpm I am thinking will only be slight over speed, max torque, power down to say 75% (1800/2400) so still 25hp and useable forward speed in 2 or 3 hi (6 or 7) quieter and less wear so will do what I need.

It’s cheap, £3650, and 4wd with a cab with a loader and just fits vines (if I put rear wheels in and lose the wheel arches get it under 5ft) it’ll do what I need cheaply.

or would you run away! Paid deposit, getting delivered tomorrow.

Ilyak

Equipment
L345dt
Jan 26, 2024
Kent
Thanks very much. I am thinking with a sprayer and a rotary mower I can keep the revs down a bit and use the higher speed.

I was looking for but couldn’t find a torque/power curve for the V1501 but I am guessing torque is pretty flat so at say 1800 rpm I am thinking will only be slight over speed, max torque, power down to say 75% (1800/2400) so still 25hp and useable forward speed in 2 or 3 hi (6 or 7) quieter and less wear so will do what I need.

It’s cheap, £3650, and 4wd with a cab with a loader and just fits vines (if I put rear wheels in and lose the wheel arches get it under 5ft) it’ll do what I need cheaply.

or would you run away! Paid deposit, getting delivered tomorrow.
And if you ever find a gear let me know!

Ilyak

Equipment
L345dt
Jan 26, 2024
Kent
Also, particularly with cab on how big a job is it to get to that? I’m assuming I probably need cab off first then drain and split transmission, big tools, jacks and heavy lifting. Or is there a way to get there with cab on?

Ilyak

Equipment
L345dt
Jan 26, 2024
Kent
Found this online (read comments about hardening) which may amuse.

if tractor arrives in morning should have it all going by lunchtime😉

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Found this online (read comments about hardening) which may amuse.

if tractor arrives in morning should have it all going by lunchtime😉
Interesting video, thanks for posting. My father-in-law was a guy that could take something no one else could find and make something to replace it. His dad owned a machine shop and he and his two brothers grew up running all the machines. Only place around that made babbitt bearings, had a forge, lathes, mills, etc. but the best part of going in there was their creative ability.

They had a reputation for their accuracy and creative problem solving. They invented several handy things but never was interested in a patent. I learned from him to not be limited by what people think.

Reactions: 1 users