BX2750D Snowblower Fan Shear Bolt

sagor

Equipment
BX25, BX2750D, BX2760A, 5' back blade
Jan 9, 2017
Sudbury, ON, Canada
It is now obvious that we are dealing with products sold in 2 different countries. The US versions of these snowblowers don't have a breakdown of the serial numbers. I just checked the shear bolt part number (77700-04112) item #32, the Messicks dot com website doesn't even list this part for the BX2750D snowblower. This adds a whole new dynamic to questions that are asked about snowblowers that are made in Canada and sold in the US. I would think that a BX2750D would be the same in both countries. This situation reminds me of the automobiles that were manufactured in Canada and sold in the US where the same model car was also manufactured in the US. It was a repair nightmare since the parts were not the same because they were manufactured in Canada for Canadian production and sold in both countries. Thanks for updating the thread and we all have learned something from this for the future.
I wonder if the BX models sold in Canada are the same as those sold in the US. If not, then we could have the same issue advising on the BX tractors.
Part 77700-04112 is NOT a shear bolt, but a regular Gr8 bolt to hold the shear plate item to the drive shaft. I would assume it could be a regular Gr8 bolt obtained locally.
Item 7, the Gr5 shear bolt (1/4" x 1-1/4") is a standard bolt as well, obtained locally at local hardware stores. The one from Kubota is not grooved or has any special features from what I can see.

As for the BX25/BX25D, everything seems the same for both countries. Manuals are identical from what I see in my manual vs online ones.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Item #7 isn't listed as fitting the BX2750D on the messicks dot com website. https://messicks.com/parts/kubota/70060-01075

You are looking at a Canadian website, and it appears that is where the difficulty in making comparisons is coming from. I am using a US website and I am not getting the same information that you have access to. If the BX2750D has 2 different versions, then Messicks dot com, one of the largest Kubota dealers in the US isn't aware of this, and they get their information directly from Kubota USA in Grapevine Texas. If they are not showing the two different versions of the BX2750D, then there is a good chance that only one model was imported into the US.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Sadly this also points out that being in Canada, we don't have access to the USA website.
Sigh, for instance...as a 'snowbird' I got a deal on an 'American Kubota' and bring it north of the 49th. It needs a part, doesn't exist in Canada,but USA site shows it, but don't have access to it.....grrrrrr
It reminds me those neat mirrors for BX series sold in Europe only.....

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Get a VPM and you can sign in from anywhere in the world from the comfort of your home. This is what I will do when I get around to doing more research on the issue. of 2 different BX2750D models. What I don't understand is why they didn't add an E to the model to indicate a change, as they did with all the other previous models when a part change came about.