Recent content by BAP

  1. BAP

    New to tractors, top link concern

    That blower is set up kind of odd where the bottom link attachment points are so much further forward than the top link point. That’s your whole problem right there. That creates a problem for any tractor. As others have suggested, I would strongly consider bolting on an extension to that top...
  2. BAP

    Front loader LA463

    Buy before someone else buys it. Used loaders for sale are rare and one in great shape is even more rare.
  3. BAP

    Drying / compacting mud

    I see you used Cushing for your well. I recognized the truck from the color in the first pictures you posted even though I couldn’t see the name. Good guys, we used them for multiple wells over the years at the farm. I know the owner, great down to earth guy, ask him about his antique tractor...
  4. BAP

    What size disc harrow?

    I’m not sure where people are getting the information that you don’t want a disc harrow wider than your tractor. You definitely don’t want it narrower than the tractor. You want your disc harrow wider than your tractor because if you don’t you will leave compacted soil behind, especially in any...
  5. BAP

    BX23, Loader, stopped working........

    I believe that model has both a hydraulic filter and a suction screen. Did you clean the screen? If that’s plugging up you will get the symptoms that you described. It’s number 30 in the diagram below.
  6. BAP

    2nd time my grille guard bent and loader stand bolt bent.

    What model Tractor? What model Loader? Pretty hard to give help with the only information being Kubota.
  7. BAP

    L6060 Front Axle Oil

    If you read your Owners Manual, it tells you what fluids to use in your tractor
  8. BAP

    LX4020 Hydrostatic Pedal Cable

    What is an “IPB”? Never heard that used before with tractors.
  9. BAP

    2018 KX040-4 Excavator

    Dealer is 1 place to get a good copy. EBay has many copies for sale.
  10. BAP

    Switching to turf tires

    Turf tires with 2 link chains will give you as much or more traction than other versions of tires in the winter because the chains stay on the surface and don’t fall in between the treads. I have a B2920 that I have had since fall of 2012. I run chains on all 4 wheels. I have no problems pushing...
  11. BAP

    Drying / compacting mud

    You want to make sure that you have extra rock or mats where the well drilling truck is going to be parked. Between the vibrations and the fact that the truck is going to be on jacks limiting the ground contact area, it is going to take extra to support the weight and keep the truck from tipping.
  12. BAP

    I think I have Winter Projects covered...

    I have both of those tractors along with several other Simplicity’s and Allis Chalmers. Those shuttle shifts work good once you get used to them. Each gear you can use the forward/reverse lever on dash to control your speed similar to a hydrostat.
  13. BAP

    Price shopping story

    Better to find a tire shop that does tractor and industrial equipment tires than most dealers nowadays. Most dealers don’t really do tire repair anymore.
  14. BAP

    Price shopping story

    Cheaper priced ones are probably due to A) already in stock and came in on a stock order B) older production ones before the multiple price increases and cheaper trucking. C) one the dealer had to order in has all the production price increases and more expensive trucking due to higher fuel prices
  15. BAP

    Diesel Prices

    Gas prices jumped 10 cents Friday morning to $4.39 and on road diesel to $6.19 here.