Whyyyyyy is everything such a secret?

Jenlynne

Equipment
Z122r
Oct 8, 2023
Florida
I’ve been looking online for longer than I’d like to admit to just find the SIZE of the deck replacement belt I need to buy for my Z122r zero turn. I don’t want to pay 70 bucks plus shipping and I need it faster than most websites can provide. Please what is the belt size so I can just use Amazon 🙏🏻 why isn’t this information just opening listed on the Kubota site. 🙄

jaxs

Equipment
B1750HST
Jun 22, 2023
Texas
I’ve been looking online for longer than I’d like to admit to just find the SIZE of the deck replacement belt I need to buy for my Z122r zero turn. I don’t want to pay 70 bucks plus shipping and I need it faster than most websites can provide. Please what is the belt size so I can just use Amazon 🙏🏻 why isn’t this information just opening listed on the Kubota site. 🙄
Because dealers would lose sales to people going to Amazon.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
The same reason no other OEM lists the industry standard size for their belts.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
If you have the Kubota part number for your mower.....just google "(your kubota part# replacement).

Example: Doing that for Kubota K3001-13560 turns up this belt. And in the description it says:

Length= 65" Width= 1/2"

Edit: Welcome to OTT!!

Reactions: 5 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
A simple call to Messick's will have it shipped to you that same day.
To save on shipping, ask them to use USPS.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
took me about 3 minutes to find the size...
1/2" x 65" so a '4L63' is the industry standard size....

kubota part number K300113560

Jenlynne

Equipment
Z122r
Oct 8, 2023
Florida
The Kubota part number is k5559-36710 but entering this into a search engine doesn’t give me measurements

Jenlynne

Equipment
Z122r
Oct 8, 2023
Florida
Because dealers would lose sales to people going to Amazon.
If dealers are selling a higher quality belt, which I assume is the claim due to the higher price, then those people who want the higher quality belts can still go there. Some people are willing to take our chances for the sake of cost and convenience.

OntheRidge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L47 TLB, Homestead 55" grapple, LP 1684 rear blade, WR Long 84" snowplow
Nov 1, 2020
Foolish question, I know, but why not just measure the old belt?

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

Jenlynne

Equipment
Z122r
Oct 8, 2023
Florida
Foolish question, I know, but why not just measure the old belt?
Not foolish at all. It’s fairly chewed up at both ends where it broke. I measured what’s left and my best guess was about 118 but really didn’t feel confident. Looks like it’s 122 :))

Reactions: 1 user

Donystoy

Equipment
LX2610HSDCC, B/H, Loader, plus numerous other attachments. B7200 sold
Dec 10, 2013
Binbrook, Ontario
I have done the regular gates belt route for these type of belts and found that I was replacing them in short order. Just bite the bullet and get the proper oem kubota Kevlar high power belt.

Jenlynne

Equipment
Z122r
Oct 8, 2023
Florida
Yahooo! First, thank you! Second, I don’t even care that you are being condescending, I’m just thrilled to have my answer ❤❤❤
I believe the answer you are trying to give, and that would be helpful to everyone else as well is this rotarycorp website. What an awesome resource :) I found a half dozen similiar websites but that pesky k5559-36710 part number was not listed. Thanks again, and I will be sure to work on my googlefoo!

Reactions: 3 users

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23SLSB-R-1 plus additions
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
For the sake of knowing, one of the first things I do is measure the deck belt with a seamstress tape, and record the number on the belt. I'll then seek out a "Gates" equivalent and buy two for spares.

Unless I hear negativity for my particular deck.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
The Kubota part number is k5559-36710 but entering this into a search engine doesn’t give me measurements
Maybe I wasn't clear enough in my first response. If you use your part number (like mentioned) then:
in a google search bar type: K5559-36710 replacement

This is just one hit that turns up the size: belt Follow that link. the size should match the others above.

That method works well to find generic replacements for most anything. Be it bearings, belts, filters, gaskets, bulbs, etc.., etc.

Once you start doing it that way you can quickly find most anything.

Edit: I see the one example that came back for me doesn't match NIW's result. A good reason to check further to make sure you really do find the correct cross referenced belt.

Reactions: 1 users

Jenlynne

Equipment
Z122r
Oct 8, 2023
Florida
Maybe I wasn't clear enough in my first response. If you use your part number (like mentioned) then:
in a google search bar type: K5559-36710 replacement

This is just one hit that turns up the size: belt Follow that link. the size should match the others above.

That method works well to find generic replacements for most anything. Be it bearings, belts, filters, gaskets, bulbs, etc.., etc.

Once you start doing it that way you can quickly find most anything.

Edit: I see the one example that came back for me doesn't match NIW's result. A good reason to check further to make sure you really do find the correct cross referenced belt.
Yes, thank you! I kept getting that D&D belt through numerous google searches. I think bc the part number is so similar.