Runs With Scissors
Well-known member
Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Back story for those unfamiliar: I stopped at McDonalds to get some food and it was Drive-Thru only. So I had to put my ROPS bar down and about halfway through unscrewing those damn ROPS bolts, the sky opens up and soaks me.
I decided to get some Lynch pins and turn the end down and make the ROPS "Quick Takedown".
For the life of me I could not figure out how to hold the Lynch pins in the lathe. Out of frustration, I just ground them down by hand on the bench grinder, painted them up and called it good.
Well every time I walked by the General Lee, those damn pins would mock me by making comments like; "Hahaha ......You suck Paul, you had to hand grind us... and now we look like sh!t and are rusting to boot....Hahahah"
So after enduring this bullying for months, I decided that a man can only take so much......
I decide to make some Stainless Steel pins. Not much planning was done, so lets see how this turns out.
I decided to get some Lynch pins and turn the end down and make the ROPS "Quick Takedown".
For the life of me I could not figure out how to hold the Lynch pins in the lathe. Out of frustration, I just ground them down by hand on the bench grinder, painted them up and called it good.
Well every time I walked by the General Lee, those damn pins would mock me by making comments like; "Hahaha ......You suck Paul, you had to hand grind us... and now we look like sh!t and are rusting to boot....Hahahah"
So after enduring this bullying for months, I decided that a man can only take so much......
I decide to make some Stainless Steel pins. Not much planning was done, so lets see how this turns out.
![20230513_101302[1].jpg 20230513_101302[1].jpg](https://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/data/attachments/103/103116-d8d1a120cd3478961f9d101f09a8c5f5.jpg)
![20230513_102022[1].jpg 20230513_102022[1].jpg](https://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/data/attachments/103/103118-345701573348c13c5fab717595933920.jpg)
![20230513_102035[1].jpg 20230513_102035[1].jpg](https://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/data/attachments/103/103119-31b0b32f0d58d93d8a9be6b249f2e852.jpg)
![20230513_103521[1].jpg 20230513_103521[1].jpg](https://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/data/attachments/103/103120-229a4dfda8f91e598130da5d44a0c39b.jpg)
![20230513_103528[1].jpg 20230513_103528[1].jpg](https://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/data/attachments/103/103121-ddcd274b4c916fc0d4086003a6f24bee.jpg)
![20230513_103730[1].jpg 20230513_103730[1].jpg](https://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/data/attachments/103/103124-044c6c7747a1e93a3fb94d4ea13dd063.jpg)
![20230513_103735[1].jpg 20230513_103735[1].jpg](https://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/data/attachments/103/103123-6a012d5f72bfd1a068b5e2cb7e12f38a.jpg)
![20230513_104743[1].jpg 20230513_104743[1].jpg](https://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/data/attachments/103/103125-a38d9c4610d9b4dee2d722ceb21f8d10.jpg)
![20230513_105207[1].jpg 20230513_105207[1].jpg](https://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/data/attachments/103/103127-b4441516040909f79909d9a555248c39.jpg)
![20230513_105835[1].jpg 20230513_105835[1].jpg](https://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/data/attachments/103/103129-f5f68510474e32d0e5f699d245647459.jpg)
![20230513_105933[1].jpg 20230513_105933[1].jpg](https://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/data/attachments/103/103130-7ead203ee586c2cb55d8e976dc39a700.jpg)
![20230513_110005[1].jpg 20230513_110005[1].jpg](https://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/data/attachments/103/103132-725f789207b5592143e49bad56a3a304.jpg)
![20230513_110303[1].jpg 20230513_110303[1].jpg](https://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/data/attachments/103/103133-9df404d5369766a5932ab4bba75dfb95.jpg)
![20230513_110453[1].jpg 20230513_110453[1].jpg](https://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/data/attachments/103/103134-8d415943f0c05e5dfa69ee5fd2eb74cd.jpg)
![20230513_110954[1].jpg 20230513_110954[1].jpg](https://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/data/attachments/103/103137-3a2233ebbb1ff63c7319998ae402294e.jpg)
![20230513_112342[1].jpg 20230513_112342[1].jpg](https://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/data/attachments/103/103138-d63b3db52971f38b91100c21af6fee9d.jpg)
![20230513_112457[1].jpg 20230513_112457[1].jpg](https://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/data/attachments/103/103140-8615fe1a09a7c3fe7dfcbb7fb4cd5458.jpg)
![20230513_112605[1].jpg 20230513_112605[1].jpg](https://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/data/attachments/103/103141-f7c0d4bf188a7fb069a9745be717c9aa.jpg)
![20230513_114900[1].jpg 20230513_114900[1].jpg](https://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/data/attachments/103/103142-f57abc4bea284e31b814da81c1b4d5e8.jpg)
![20230513_115028[1].jpg 20230513_115028[1].jpg](https://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/data/attachments/103/103143-77570f97969c262eda445bae151d8e60.jpg)
![20230513_114756[1].jpg 20230513_114756[1].jpg](https://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/data/attachments/103/103144-9d71c0607f2bbf87f63aa650a5d66734.jpg)
