L3560 trailer

Firstgear

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560LE, Grapple, bucket, snow plow, forks, stump bucket
May 16, 2023
Kennebunkport, Maine
Do you have Insurance for any/all loss of your tractor?
You can buy a one year tractor loss policy from Inland Marine, through your local insurance agent.
I picked up my (used- $32K) L48 TLB with my own trailer, but was concerned about an accident loss while transporting nearly 400 miles, so bought a 1 year ($500) Inland Marine policy.
You also might check with the issuer of your auto or homeowner policy.
Either may be able to offer trailer content loss coverage.
I would definitely recommend specific tractor loss (piece of mind) coverage for an 800 mile tow!
Good points. I will have to ask about trailer contents. my trailer is insured and I have Kabota tractor insurance. I will contact my agent (good friend) about what my trailer insurance covers ( i think only the trailer).

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Good points. I will have to ask about trailer contents. my trailer is insured and I have Kabota tractor insurance. I will contact my agent (good friend) about what my trailer insurance covers ( i think only the trailer).
Trailer insurance is usually not specific to a trailer, but is covered by the vehicle towing the trailer.
This would NOT be the case for anything loaded on the trailer.
You will need specific named/defined coverage for that.

IMHO one should never just ask an agent/company.
Get an e-mail, or some sort of letter to PROVE what you were told!

Firstgear

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 16, 2023
Kennebunkport, Maine
Trailer insurance is usually not specific to a trailer, but is covered by the vehicle towing the trailer.
This would NOT be the case for anything loaded on the trailer.
You will need specific named/defined coverage for that.

IMHO one should never just ask an agent/company.
Get an e-mail, or some sort of letter to PROVE what you were told!
This is what I have…

IMG_5786.jpeg

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Thats not true at all....you can insure trailers and not rely on the vehicle pulling the trailer. I have my trailers insured
Of course you "CAN" insure trailers as a separate entity.
The point is, that if a car or pickup is towing a trailer, the liability coverage for the trailer is normally extended to the trailer from the towing vehicle.
Commercial use is entirely different.
Loss of trailer and/or trailer contents, is entirely different also.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Thats not true at all....you can insure trailers and not rely on the vehicle pulling the trailer. I have my trailers insured
Of course you can.
Nobody has even suggested that you cannot!

DVR

Premium Member

Equipment
Kubota MX5400, L3560LE, L3301
May 8, 2020
Columbia, SC
I had my L3560 with La805 loader hooked to my perfecta 10 (do all) planting some food plots.
Had to turn my bucket down to get the whole rig on my 22ft trailer.

jasonTDI

Equipment
May 31, 2014
Dunn, WI
I have an aluminum 16’ trailer, max load 5820 lbs. I need to move my L3560LE 800 miles to our new home. Can I comfortably put the tractor on the trailer with the bucket removed and haul it that distance? I can’t afford to let the trailer nor tractor trashed. Thoughts?
Who built the trailer? They are not all made equally for sure. I had a friend snap off the rear three feet when they loaded their B2650 cab. That was a 7K rated trailer. They got it beefed up significantly and put rear landing gear on it. I have an ATC aluminum car trailer and it has zero issue with my 4800 LB LS.

Firstgear

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 16, 2023
Kennebunkport, Maine
Who built the trailer? They are not all made equally for sure. I had a friend snap off the rear three feet when they loaded their B2650 cab. That was a 7K rated trailer. They got it beefed up significantly and put rear landing gear on it. I have an ATC aluminum car trailer and it has zero issue with my 4800 LB LS.
R&R Trailer

IMG_6104.jpeg