Stupid Tractor Newbie question about snow depth

Snowman7

Equipment
LX3310 535 loader, LX2980, RB2672, FDR1660
May 20, 2020
Boyne Falls, MI.
I just to say thank you all again for the fantastic suggestions. I was able to clear about ¾ mile worth of road using the snowblower (front mounted) with all the knowledge I gained from this forum. I also used my excavator to break up the really icy parts and then the blower to clear them. Really appreciate find Orange Tractor and I have learned so much in the short time I have been reading these posts. THX!
Just seeing this thread now. I would have been stubborn and just went with snowblower and back blade. Would have taken a long time but I would have stuck with it. I moved 30” of fresh snow with only my back blade earlier this year. 1/4 mile driveway and 3 houses. My blower had issues at the time.

Reactions: 1 user

Snowman7

Equipment
May 20, 2020
Boyne Falls, MI.
BTW - I currently live in Park City as I build my future house on the property I have been referring to. My backyard butts up to Deer Valley and I just learned that we have passed the 40 foot mark on snow this season having received a total snowfall of 485 inches after our latest storm yesterday. My house is at 7,600 feet and it has been like living in a snow cave.
I hope it melts gradually

muttbarker

Equipment
Kubota L4060 HST, Snowblower, FEL, Rear Blade, 60" Grapple, 6' Bush Hog, Forks
Jan 24, 2022
Oakley, Utah
Just seeing this thread now. I would have been stubborn and just went with snowblower and back blade. Would have taken a long time but I would have stuck with it. I moved 30” of fresh snow with only my back blade earlier this year. 1/4 mile driveway and 3 houses. My blower had issues at the time.
Snowman - thanks for that comment. Last year I was not able to get a back blade in time for the snow. So it was the blower and the excavator. This year I have a blade and it is a lifesaver. Using it constantly with the blower.

Reactions: 1 user

Snowman7

Equipment
May 20, 2020
Boyne Falls, MI.
Snowman - thanks for that comment. Last year I was not able to get a back blade in time for the snow. So it was the blower and the excavator. This year I have a blade and it is a lifesaver. Using it constantly with the blower.

Snowman7

Equipment
May 20, 2020
Boyne Falls, MI.
Is it hydraulically controlled?

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Hello - brand new to this website, brand new to owning a tractor and pretty darned new to living in snow. I bought a Kubota L4060 HSTC with a 74" snowblower to clear my property (ordered months ago). It did not show up until late December by which time I had a nice 3' foot blanket of snow over the property. It is pretty much frozen solid rendering the blower next to useless and the rear blade I ordered is still on on backorder. Sorry for the long intro - BUT! my question is how capable is the tractor in moving over and through deep snow. Is running through a 3 foot base an issue?

Second question in case anyone is feeling really helpful - I am assuming that until I have a rear blade to push / breakup the snow there is not much I can do with my blower, correct?

Thank you for your help. I am a long time resident of Southern California who moved to Utah, bought thirty acres and and it's all new to me.

Kevin
I was just out yesterday blowing through 3 foot deep frozen snow banks in my driveway with my B2620. So an L4060 isn't going to break a sweat.
I have been gone most the winter and didn't want anyone using my tractor, so I let the son in law plow with my RTV-X1100C instead. So I ended up with bigger snow banks down the driveway this year and the last month we have been getting freezing rain mixed with snow so those banks were packed hard.
But the blower still chewed through them like nothing. Just used low range and let it crawl along.

muttbarker

Equipment
Kubota L4060 HST, Snowblower, FEL, Rear Blade, 60" Grapple, 6' Bush Hog, Forks
Jan 24, 2022
Oakley, Utah
Is it hydraulically controlled?
I wish, when I did buy it the lead time on a hydraulically controlled was forever. Bought a manual blade but will replace it next year with a hydraulic which will make it more efficient (and easier on my old body).

Snowman7

Equipment
May 20, 2020
Boyne Falls, MI.
I wish, when I did buy it the lead time on a hydraulically controlled was forever. Bought a manual blade but will replace it next year with a hydraulic which will make it more efficient (and easier on my old body).
They are soooo nice. I had a manually operated blade for twenty years before I got this one.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
They are soooo nice. I had a manually operated blade for twenty years before I got this one.
I know you guys are talking back blades, but related.

A few years ago my female coworker's husband was out-of-commission due to a medical issue.

He has a BX23S with the front blade on the SSQA. Manual angle.

We had a decent snowfall - 6-8" and he wasn't available to plow the driveway.

He only trusted me to run his tractor and plow the driveway.

Never run a blade like that. Plowed with pickups and power angle years ago.

Had never been to their house. Drive was short, but couple switchbacks on a steep grade. Kind of a challenge without tipping the tractor over if you got too close to the slope...

Manual was fine, and I could do a lot without manually changing blade.

Power angle would have been sweet....... ;)