B7100D wheel Hub Question

rick sheltra

Equipment
B7100 4wd diesel w/ Buhler Front end loader
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, MD
Good Evening to all,
I have an issue with the rear wheel hub on my old B7100D tractor. The wheel hub on the right side has come off partially and i cant seem to get it off of there. Almost looks like something broke.
I cannot compare it to the other side as you can see in the pics it is a different wheel hub. Maybe that is how they come I'm not sure. I haven't been on here in quite a while, A fellow named VIC used to give me plenty of advice and i have kept this thing running for the last 25 years.
It seems as if there is a collar or spacer in there, I cant tell.
So i wen on ebay looking, AND after getting sticker shock at Messick's for one whole assembly (365$) ebay has this and it looks to me like it might work and doesn't look like a spacer is needed as the two bolts tighten it up. Here is what the ebay part looks like.
Anyway, if anyone can help i would sure appreciate it.
I'm in the once "FreeState" of Maryland. Well, thy used to call it that.

Thanks to you all for allowing me to ask questions on here I have got so much good info from here tires radiators gas tank everything !!

Rick

Tractor is a Kubota B7100d 4wd from Japan

here is a cheap replacement on ebay 56$ THAT I AM HOPING WILL WORK.

1678563085667.png

Here is the problem
IMG_3130.JPG

INSIDE RIGHT REAR WHEEL FROM REAR
IMG_3126.JPG
IMG_3128.JPG

IMG_3129.JPG
IMG_3129.JPG
IMG_3131.JPG

IMG_3132.JPG

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Service Dept Vic is taking some time off of the forum, he'll be

Yes you have 2 different hubs, the one is broken.
Here is another one of the same style (way better style) as the good one on your other axle.
Yes it's a little more $ than the one you picked, but trust me when I say this is way better of a design.

Reactions: 1 users

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Unbolting the wheel from the hub will make it a little easier to get it off the axle.

Reactions: 1 user

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Be careful removing the rear wheel if it is full of liquid ballast. It will be heavy empty but the fluid will make it VERY heavy.

just be careful with it and have someone else around in case it falls on you (it could trap you)

rick sheltra

Equipment
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, MD
Service Dept Vic is taking some time off of the forum, he'll be

Yes you have 2 different hubs, the one is broken.
Here is another one of the same style (way better style) as the good one on your other axle.
Yes it's a little more $ than the one you picked, but trust me when I say this is way better of a design.

Thank you so much ! that looks a lot better I'm going to order a pair of them tonight. Its the best tractor i have ever had ....Old like me and reliable. With the help of this site i have been able to do everything myself.
I was in a creek trying to beat the beaver who is damning it up. I kept getting stuck but the four wheel drive and the front-end bucket get me out every time. I was thinking i should probably check the lubrication of the wheels in the front now as they got wet and i have never done any service to them.
Thanks again wolfman info is much appreciated.

I will follow up after i get it installed. I had to leave it by the creek. The beaver is laughing at me.

Rick

Last edited by a moderator:

rick sheltra

Equipment
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, MD
Unbolting the wheel from the hub will make it a little easier to get it off the axle.
I was thinking to try that next. I haven't touched some of the parts like these hubs for 25 years. I put lube in front once. I was avoiding it as the tractor is down in the mud. Its starting to dry out here in MD so in the meantime i went to harbor freight and got something with a bit more leverage. Going to try it soon. I still work full time. Thanks for help
rick

rick sheltra

Equipment
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, MD
Be careful removing the rear wheel if it is full of liquid ballast. It will be heavy empty but the fluid will make it VERY heavy.

just be careful with it and have someone else around in case it falls on you (it could trap you)
Thanks for the warning. I forgot the wheels are full of whatever i put in them. that explains the extra weight i felt that i didnt plan on
thanks
Rick

rick sheltra

Equipment
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, MD
Wolfman... I ordered those hubs and they came in 2 days! Man they are heavy duty compared to what was on there or those ones i showed in the picture. All i need now is some good weather so i can work on it. Thanks for your help... much appreciated.
Rick

Reactions: 1 user

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Wolfman... I ordered those hubs and they came in 2 days! Man they are heavy duty compared to what was on there or those ones i showed in the picture. All i need now is some good weather so i can work on it. Thanks for your help... much appreciated.
Rick
Excellent to hear!