What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
So.....I am officially sick of winter and as enjoyable as clearing snow is with my blower and blade on the B2601..... we just got hammered with 38" in NH on top of 18" last week and frankly after 10hrs on the tractor in 2 days I need a break......

Finally broke a shear bolt late yesterday after getting 80% done with a neighbors drive as their plow guy stopped me and asked for a favor as he was afraid he couldn't move it as it was downhill and the full 38"......I cleared most of it then hit a downed limb. Whatever, I needed something to stop me and tell me to go inside. I'll fix it today, maybe.

Downed trees everywhere, been on generator since 6am Tuesday morning......might be another 2-3 days on that.

Spent 45 mins trying to find my mailbox under a downed limb stuck in a snowbank.

2nd to last picture is a pic of my 4' dog fence......good luck seeing it......

Bent my damn roof rake as well......so I need to solve that today while pretending to care about the 7 meetings I have today for work. Heck of a week. View attachment 98066
I feel your pain - looks a lot like my yard here in NB, Canada

Reactions: 2 users

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
Lol! Didn't say it would be cheap.
I do love that place. They have or can get any weird bolt, nut or widget I need.
LOL, yeahhhh, i think my tractor supply hitch pin for $5 will work just fine. Its not going anywhere.
Yes, i do agree, you can get some real rare things there no doubt.

Reactions: 1 user

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
Does grabbing to ROPS to stop from falling in the mud/slush while walking past the tractor count ?

Reactions: 4 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
So.....I am officially sick of winter and as enjoyable as clearing snow is with my blower and blade on the B2601..... we just got hammered with 38" in NH on top of 18" last week and frankly after 10hrs on the tractor in 2 days I need a break......

Finally broke a shear bolt late yesterday after getting 80% done with a neighbors drive as their plow guy stopped me and asked for a favor as he was afraid he couldn't move it as it was downhill and the full 38"......I cleared most of it then hit a downed limb. Whatever, I needed something to stop me and tell me to go inside. I'll fix it today, maybe.

Downed trees everywhere, been on generator since 6am Tuesday morning......might be another 2-3 days on that.

Spent 45 mins trying to find my mailbox under a downed limb stuck in a snowbank.

2nd to last picture is a pic of my 4' dog fence......good luck seeing it......

Bent my damn roof rake as well......so I need to solve that today while pretending to care about the 7 meetings I have today for work. Heck of a week. View attachment 98066 View attachment 98067 View attachment 98068 View attachment 98069 View attachment 98070 View attachment 98071
Goodness. Just looked up where you live and made a mental note to never move there. Just starting mowing season here, although it did technically snow for about 20 minutes this past Sunday.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
tackled a SEVERE root intrusion job with a rented Orange mule today...I'll keep it short and just show some highlights.

yuck

H4-MCL874-2.JPG

rented mule on left

H4-MCL874-6.JPG

watch those (HOA) trees...they're the ones that caused the damage coming up... stay tuned...

H4-MCL874-7.JPG

diggy

H4-MCL874-9.JPG

Well, well well...what do we have here?

H4-MCL874-11.JPG

close up of root plug. It was so bad that it actually split the wye after entering the hub connection. I'm betting that the original installers didn't use primer.

H4-MCL874-17.JPG

New pipe:

H4-MCL874-18.JPG

time to backfill:

H4-MCL874-23.JPG

done. happy customer can flush at will. ;)(y)

• Wow
Reactions: 8 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
E8B62B8A-0BFC-431B-9B4C-EB5687E56B8F.jpeg
6B8C86F0-6319-4711-A388-C723104E291A.jpeg

The T2290 was delivered today. Wife was so happy to see it, even though it was sparkling clean from the dealer, she immediately hosed it down to get the “germs” off, then hopped on and started mowing. She kept mowing until she ran through the ~ pint of gas it was delivered with.

Although I’m pretty sure it’s the cheapest self propelled thing the dealer had on their lot, it’s a very nice little machine and exactly what she wanted.

Filled it up with gas, finished the little area where she was testing it, and took it back to the shop to wash off the copious dust that was stuck all over it from mowing dry grass with a wet mower.
56B08A73-D5D6-4AB0-B3B6-0ECFA5E3197B.jpeg
5F529390-6455-4DCD-BB50-725275A1DC22.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 14 users

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
The fact they are likely made of Chinesium. Questionable metals with falsified testing documentation. Been there, done that, crashed and burned.
Yeah i can understand that ET, and i get it. But i myself, i just don`t find it necessary to spend $120+tax+shipping for a 3/4in pin for my 6ft rear blade just to hold the multi-angle position on it.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Me and the B cleaned the 8 year old pile of ashes out of the burn pile. I found pieces of stuff in there I dont even remember burning

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Yeah i can understand that ET, and i get it. But i myself, i just don`t find it necessary to spend $120+tax+shipping for a 3/4in pin for my 6ft rear blade just to hold the multi-angle position on it.
Did you read what I had written about the price? This is a common thing that companies do when they don't have inventory in stock. Put the price out of sight or take the listing down and have to recreate it when inventory comes back into stock. Changing a price takes about 30 seconds, creating a whole new item page might be more like 15 or more minutes.

Reactions: 1 users

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
Did you read what I had written about the price? This is a common thing that companies do when they don't have inventory in stock. Put the price out of sight or take the listing down and have to recreate it when inventory comes back into stock. Changing a price takes about 30 seconds, creating a whole new item page might be more like 15 or more minutes.
Yes, i read what you wrote. Makes no sense to me why they would do that. I mean i get what you are saying, but it just seems ridiculous that they conduct business that way. Why play games with people. They could just simply say they are out of stock, BUT, the listing for this exact pin i wanted, says it is available. But they don`t actually have it in hand to ship because they are just middle man selling someone else`s parts. Drop shipper i guess. When companies do that, i go somewhere else if i can. Why should i pay their inflated price if i can buy it somewhere else for maybe alot less. Defeat the middle man, saves you money. Why pay extra to make an extra person in the loop, richer, who doesn`t even have the parts in hand. Seems to be alot of that going on anymore. They don`t get stuck hanging onto all that inventory is their goal i guess.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
tackled a SEVERE root intrusion job with a rented Orange mule today...I'll keep it short and just show some highlights.
WOW That's schedule 40 pipe too, I wouldn't think its common for roots to be able to do that.
But all it takes is one little leak and a roots find there way in.
Root issues are one reason I refuse to use DWV pipe, to easy to have issues.

My mains though out the house and all the way to the septic tank are 4" ABS,
That pipe is also 6 foot deep, so I hope the roots can never get to it! ;)

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yes, i read what you wrote. Makes no sense to me why they would do that. I mean i get what you are saying, but it just seems ridiculous that they conduct business that way. Why play games with people. They could just simply say they are out of stock, BUT, the listing for this exact pin i wanted, says it is available. But they don`t actually have it in hand to ship because they are just middle man selling someone else`s parts. Drop shipper i guess. When companies do that, i go somewhere else if i can. Why should i pay their inflated price if i can buy it somewhere else for maybe alot less. Defeat the middle man, saves you money. Why pay extra to make an extra person in the loop, richer, who doesn`t even have the parts in hand. Seems to be alot of that going on anymore. They don`t get stuck hanging onto all that inventory is their goal i guess.
What exactly do you think Fastenal does?
They are a supplier, yes middle man, they source and buy items that people want or need.
They do it in bulk then sell them to people that want just one.

That Pin is just pricey because of it's size!
3/4" / 19MM pin's are not common!

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
That Pin is just pricey because of it's size!
3/4" / 19MM pin's are not common!
Wow, weird, every tractor sub-compact tractor i`ve owned has used 3/4in diameter hitch style pins on alot of implements i own. Not sure how this 3/4in diameter hitch pin would be uncommon for a sub-compact tractor. Every county line rear blade (and many others built by the same supplier that TS gets theirs from) i`ve come across uses a 3/4in diameter pin to hold the L/R angle in place. Are county line rear blades that uncommon, too?

As for fastenal, yeah i know what they do. Alot of their stuff is over priced, in my own opinion, for my needs. So my main point about the whole fastenal thing, still stands, in that i`m not willing to pay $120+ dollars for a simple hitch pin. The Tractor supply 3/4in hitch pin (for $5) has been handling the job just fine for a couple years now, and no signs of wear, or breakage. That`s good enough for me. Lets keep in mind here, i`m only running a Kubota BX23s sub-compact tractor here. It doesn`t need out of this world strength hitch pins like the big boy tractors run.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Finally had the air ride seat installed and picked up the rear blade for light ditching, driveway stone work and snow removal. I have the camo seat cover for the factory suspension seat - I’ll give it to anyone that can use it.

View attachment 98037

View attachment 98038
How do the side plates on your blade work for you? I have a heavy duty Bison blade and I see that the plates are available. Seems like a cheap way to avoid buying a box blade for moving materials.