Daily Chuckle

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
I think that would be the definition of "Hand Cannon". HOLY CRAP!

I haven't had the chance to fire one yet. Gotta wonder how it compares to a .454 Casull, which I love shooting, or a .45-70 in a Thompson Contender. That's a kick in the tank. .308 in a bolt-action handgun is a pussy cat next to the .44-70.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I haven't had the chance to fire one yet. Gotta wonder how it compares to a .454 Casull, which I love shooting, or a .45-70 in a Thompson Contender. That's a kick in the tank. .308 in a bolt-action handgun is a pussy cat next to the .44-70.
I can only shoot a couple rounds through a 454. I snapped my right wrist as a kid.

Buddy pulled out a 454 and asked if I wanted to try it.

Shot 5 out of 6 rounds through it and handed back to him. Don't have any desire to shoot it again.

After first shot, I developed a dull ache where I broke my wrist. By the 5th shot, there was a deep throb.

Reactions: 1 user

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I have a relative's name on that wall, Panel 1W, right in the middle of it. He was my cousin's husband, whom I met a week before he deployed. A year later, he was declared MIA/AWOL after being shot down over Cambodia. 25 years later, he was finally declared KIA and no longer AWOL.

I was old enough to remember the sorrow this wall represents, but young enough I never had to register for Selective Service before it was stopped, then too old when it was started back up. Others served so I didn't have to, and that reality is something that has never been lost on me. Thanks to all that have, do and will. I would say that if you've never visited this wall, DO IT. It's humbling to stand next to 65000 names that gave ALL there is to give in the service of their country. Though my kids and grandkids all tell me I have no empathy or sympathy, that wall put me on my knees. I was lucky enough to be too young when the draft/Selective Service stopped, and too old when it started back up. That black wall is a very stark reminder of how many went, and so many without a choice. I value my choice, given me by those that served in my stead.
A Navy pilot classmate name is on that wall.
I was lucky !!!