Kubota Pricing

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Will have little or no ground to maintain.
That's not a reason to have no tractor. It's a reason not to need a tractor, but surely you still deserve a tractor?

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I'd be tempted to get rid of all but one now - while prices are as they are.
I AM somwhat tempted to do so with my L48 TLB as well, but I am 82,...... and I can't play with cash.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Not for 84 months. I like using someone else's money when I can.
Don't kid yourself!
84 month "free financing" ain't free!
You are simply paying for the (hidden) financing, rolled into your purchase price.
NOBODY loans money for FREE!

Reactions: 1 user

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Don't kid yourself!
You are simply paying for the (hidden) financing, rolled into your purchase price.
When they won't discount the price, then you are getting the loan interest-free. Same price cash or finance.

Reactions: 3 users

My Barn

Equipment
Kubota, Ford
Sep 14, 2022
Michigan
As long as customers are willing to pay those prices? They (Kubota) will keep pushing them up...Used market prices are high too.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
When they won't discount the price, then you are getting the loan interest-free. Same price cash or finance.
Well ........kinda/sorta true...
What it really means is that interest cost IS already factored into selling price, .....and EVERYBODY pays Kubota interest, cash buyer, or not!
A cash buyer thus becomes a fool, because THEY are even paying Kubota interest rates to use their cash!
Everyone, is thereby trapped into buying on Kubota's interest terms!
It is a very slick marketing scheme!

Reactions: 1 users

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I don't want to quote almost every post and make a comment, but love all the replies. So spot on.

I don't know how people do it. I'm no longer a business owner and went to work in the mines and I still wouldn't pay these prices.
Glad to know I'm not the only one that thinks this is ridiculous. And also glad I have what I have and bought it when I did. And also glad my dealer honored an old quote on my RTV and didn't charge me covid prices.
I get shocked, almost daily. just read a post on a truck forum, where someone was asking for an estimated value on a 2001 Ford Super Duty, 227,000 miles. People were saying 15-18,000 bucks. Absolutely crazy, by my wallet. My perspectives haven't adapted to the new normal, and I just couldn't bring myself to pay today"s prices. I paid $12,000 for my low mileage (46,000 miles, currently) 2004 F350. I'd have to buy a wreck to replace it for that amount.

Attachments

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I get shocked, almost daily. just read a post on a truck forum, where someone was asking for an estimated value on a 2001 Ford Super Duty, 227,000 miles. People were saying 15-18,000 bucks. Absolutely crazy, by my wallet. My perspectives haven't adapted to the new normal, and I just couldn't bring myself to pay today"s prices. I paid $12,000 for my low mileage (46,000 miles, currently) 2004 F350. I'd have to buy a wreck to replace it for that amount.
Agreed!
Paid $32K for my L48 TLB with 251 hours ( 42 months ago).
Loaded with options!
Minimal additional use.
Looks like current used value might top $50K?
Insane!

Last edited:

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
And when you pay cash you have no leverage if problems crop up that the dealer or manufacturer refuse to address. I've purchased four tractors on the 60 month/0% interest plans. I'd rather put money towards other bills that really carry significant penalties such as mortgage interest.

All this talk of what something is worth is just talk until you have it sold and money in hand. I've seen tractors on sale that haven't shifted in months, but oh yeah, they could sell it tomorrow for $50k.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
And when you pay cash you have no leverage if problems crop up that the dealer or manufacturer refuse to address. I've purchased four tractors on the 60 month/0% interest plans. I'd rather put money towards other bills that really carry significant penalties such as mortgage interest.

All this talk of what something is worth is just talk until you have it sold and money in hand. I've seen tractors on sale that haven't shifted in months, but oh yeah, they could sell it tomorrow for $50k.
The way the inflation is going in past few years it’s hard to argue to pay cash. The dollar is devaluing faster than the asset in today, so there is not much reason to rush out to pay cash. Even on a loan with interest, normally can pay down principle weekly so interest not acrue so much…maybe have to think about the bill pay strategy with rates and economy today. Most wages most likely not keeping up with price increases…just sayin’

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I paid $12,000 for my low mileage (46,000 miles, currently) 2004 F350. I'd have to buy a wreck to replace it for that amount.
I bought my '02 F250 7.3L Lariat with SnugTop from a pilot friend for $8k about four years ago with only 117k miles on it. I have close to 165k on it now and it's been a great truck. I put some money into it in the form of a chip and programmer, front/rear bumpers, head unit, amp, subwoofer and new speakers but it's worth it. It's a wonderful truck for long road trips or hauling tractors around.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Well ........kinda/sorta true...
What it really means is that interest cost IS already factored into selling price, .....and EVERYBODY pays Kubota interest, cash buyer, or not!
A cash buyer thus becomes a fool, because THEY are even paying Kubota interest rates to use their cash!
Everyone, is thereby trapped into buying on Kubota's interest terms!
It is a very slick marketing scheme!
I think that you’re spot on. But despite this, Kubota prices are still less than JD, for a product that is as good, and in many cases, better.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Don't kid yourself!
Yes and no. Kubota Japan borrows money in Japan. They're a very credit worthy organisation. It's entirely possible they're still borrowing at about 0.5%. The cost to them of that financing isn't the same as the cost to you. And I think they figure they've got security in the tractor. Most consumer finance places wouldn't think a tractor was a great asset to borrow against. Kubota would likely think quite differently, they have confidence in the product they're selling, and they require you to get comprehensive insurance on it.....so it can't get broken/worthless.

Ultimately, the only question is the gap between the cash price and the finance price. On some things that gap is quite large, and you're basically paying for the 0% interest. But on Kubotas, the difference between cash price and finance price is basically zero. You can perhaps get a free service or something thrown in with cash, but in my part of the world at least they don't deal on price much.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I think that you’re spot on. But despite this, Kubota prices are still less than JD, for a product that is as good, and in many cases, better.
No debate about relative quality.
Kubota is using a slick marketing scheme that is unavoidable for the buyer !

Last edited:

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
what i find interesting is that the FIRST words out of a salespersons mouth is HOW are you going to pay for the item NOT what item, options,etc.
That infers they have different price for the SAME item......

RBsingl

Equipment
Kubota F 2690 72" rear discharge deck, Deere 955
Jul 1, 2022
Central IL
Not for 84 months. I like using someone else's money when I can.
I ordered my F2690 mower back in June and it was finally delivered 10 days before Christmas. The price was locked but 0% dropped from 36 to 24 months; not a big deal because I was going to write a check had there been a substantial cash discount but since none was available I took the 24 month 0% option.

Given the longer term unknowns, I don't blame Kubota credit for dialing back the length of interest free contracts.

Rodger

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I bought my '02 F250 7.3L Lariat with SnugTop from a pilot friend for $8k about four years ago with only 117k miles on it. I have close to 165k on it now and it's been a great truck. I put some money into it in the form of a chip and programmer, front/rear bumpers, head unit, amp, subwoofer and new speakers but it's worth it. It's a wonderful truck for long road trips or hauling tractors around.
Under current conditions, you could make a tidy profit on your truck!

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
but... that profit gets destroyed when you replace the truck !!!
same as my tractor !!!!
can't REPLACE either for the ORIGINAL cost, so ZERO profit.....

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
but... that profit gets destroyed when you replace the truck !!!
same as my tractor !!!!
can't REPLACE either for the ORIGINAL cost, so ZERO profit.....
Actually,...replacement would be a net loss!