Storing Implements/Attachments?

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I double up on pallets, the lower one Mother Nature eventually gets, upper one keeps implements/ stuff 'high and dry'. Also keeps forks out of the dirt and mud.

eljuncal

Equipment
B2601HSD-1, LP Tiller, Maschio mower Titan Forks, Woods Box Blade, Herd Spreader
Oct 23, 2022
Colorado
Hi, I use plastic pallets to hold my attachments ... My pallet rack comprised of standard 10ft beams with 8 ft frames ... plastic pallets come in different racking load strengths ... the ones I use are rated for 1200lbs (unsupported, just sitting across the open pallet rack beams) ... I also added pallet rack decking that is rated at 2500lbs ... (its a belt and suspenders kind of thing) ... very solid, no sagging, looks nice.

As others have suggested, I anchored my pallet frames to the cement floor of my garage and also added straps on the pallet frame uppers secured via lag bolts in my garage wall. Also, if you go the pallet rack route, make sure you install the little beam 'keepers' that secure the beams in place.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

GreX

Equipment
BX2380
Jan 8, 2023
Maine
Hi, I use plastic pallets to hold my attachments ... My pallet rack comprised of standard 10ft beams with 8 ft frames ... plastic pallets come in different racking load strengths ... the ones I use are rated for 1200lbs (unsupported, just sitting across the open pallet rack beams) ... I also added pallet rack decking that is rated at 2500lbs ... (its a belt and suspenders kind of thing) ... very solid, no sagging, looks nice.

As others have suggested, I anchored my pallet frames to the cement floor of my garage and also added straps on the pallet frame uppers secured via lag bolts in my garage wall. Also, if you go the pallet rack route, make sure you install the little beam 'keepers' that secure the beams in place.
Nice looking setup, very clean! I just picked up the scaffolding from Harbor Freight, will put it together and get at least the mower deck/power bagger set up on it. I'm hoping it can be placed high enough to sit behind the tractor and above the rear mounted snowblower, just for keeping space nice and tidy.

GreX

Equipment
BX2380
Jan 8, 2023
Maine
Gave it my best shot, used the loader and a friend to get the mower deck on the scaffolding - not sure how I'm gonna get it off, but I'll cross that bridge when spring comes.

Did learn that the mower deck was neglected quite a lot, scraped at least a pound of dried grass off the bottom and the belt is separating.. crazy for a 2 year old tractor, definitely showing that it all was stored outdoors.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
getting it down will be EASY.....
by then, your new pallet fork attachment will have arrived !!!
ONLY a pound of grass ?? I've filled a 5G pail cleaning a 1 year old rider....

idea ?? can you put deck on the ground and the blower on the platform ??
If the platform is in the lowest position,can you easily get the blower on and off ?

• Wow

GreX

Equipment
BX2380
Jan 8, 2023
Maine
getting it down will be EASY.....
by then, your new pallet fork attachment will have arrived !!!
ONLY a pound of grass ?? I've filled a 5G pail cleaning a 1 year old rider....

idea ?? can you put deck on the ground and the blower on the platform ??
If the platform is in the lowest position,can you easily get the blower on and off ?
It was enough to fill a 5 gallon bucket, maybe it was more than a pound, didn't actually weigh it, just assumed its weight (I know, assuming...).

As for the swap on the scaffolding, I'm sure I could put the scaffold at one of the lower settings, and have the rear PTO all the way up and simply slide the blower on, which is what I'll likely do come spring, which at that point, the mower deck will go on the tractor, so won't need it on the ground. I'm hoping the blower will be low enough to clear the power bagger while on the tractor, but also sticks out a lot less, so should shrink the footprint of the tractor. I will throw up another picture when spring comes, assuming that winter ever makes its way to Maine.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
build a rack and rolling dollies. If it doesnt have a gear box it can live outside.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
I bought a Harbor freight scaffold on sale and the rest are on pallets with the wheel from the harbor freight dollies as they were cheaper. Everything can roll around to get to different impliments. This is a standard 8ft basement. Just for tractor and impliments. View attachment 93788 View attachment 93785

I have the same scaffolding but a little taller roof line, so I get one more layer out of mine.

Fairly cheap, yet strong and effective solution.

You gotta go up, when you start running out of real estate.

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
I went with pallet racking, I need to find some time to build a number of custom pallets to better hold some of the attachments. Larger heavier attachments stay at ground level.

Basket.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

GreX

Equipment
BX2380
Jan 8, 2023
Maine
I went with pallet racking, I need to find some time to build a number of custom pallets to better hold some of the attachments. Larger heavier attachments stay at ground level.

View attachment 94552
That's a lot of attachments, I'm guessing you have a LOT more than the acre I have to upkeep. That's also an impressive looking shed for the tractor - I only have a single car detached garage for mine, so I have much less space to play with.

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
That's a lot of attachments, I'm guessing you have a LOT more than the acre I have to upkeep. That's also an impressive looking shed for the tractor - I only have a single car detached garage for mine, so I have much less space to play with.
Yes a large acreage and a number of different machines, 2 sizes of tractor attachments (MX & L series), attachments for the track loader and buckets for the excavator. It's like having a disease but in a fun way, I do have a couple of things that I just don't use like I thought I would. It will be time in the spring to sell a couple of things to make a little more space.

I'm just working out how to spend a little more time on my machines and give up the day work!

Downeaster

Equipment
Kubota BX1880, loader, mower deck, and ballast
Oct 18, 2022
Waterford, Maine
I could not find any rolling pallets on Harbor Freight's website, I'm assuming you mean equipment dolly's?
Nope, they sell Dolly's as i just purchased 3 small one, and they also have a sale going on for a larger one. I had my kubota snowblower on them and they roll very easy.

tom nutt

Equipment
Kubota B7500 & L2501
Nov 22, 2021
marshall Virginia
Couple of options:

If you have enough headroom I have seen some put up heavy shelving and stack implements two or three high using the forks on the tractor.

Personally, I keep most often used stuff on dollies to allow moving them around the floor. If I could only store them where the tractor set them down it would be much more restrictive and inefficient. Also allows easily moving them temporarily to free up floor space near the door by easily pushing them around if I need additional room to work on something. A few times I’ve also rolled several implements over by the door and pretty quickly forked them elsewhere for a few hours or days to free up floor space and then set them back in when done. Sitting on a dolly, they’re easily moved with forks. Steel caster wheels, plywood decks, and reasonable 2x subframes are quick and cost effective to put together.

I also have a few implements that aren’t often used and don’t benefit from climate control which stay in this dirt floored shed. (i.e. generator in climate control; leaf rake in shed). There’s no rolling or sliding that stuff around out there. Most is way too heavy for manhandling and caster wheels useless on dirt. Quite a bit less user friendly but relatively cheap storage. View attachment 93754 View attachment 93747 View attachment 93748 View attachment 93750 View attachment 93751
what is the implement on the farmall ? i too have the woodlandmills wood chipper WC68 great machine

Mrlunchbox

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2023 BX2380 loader/mower. Land Pride snow pusher, Kapteyn pallet forks
Nov 21, 2020
Southern Worcester County, MA
Nope, they sell Dolly's as i just purchased 3 small one, and they also have a sale going on for a larger one. I had my kubota snowblower on them and they roll very easy.

Here is a link to Harbor Freight. I assume you are talking about these?

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
what is the implement on the farmall ? i too have the woodlandmills wood chipper WC68 great machine
The thing on the front is a trip bucket loader. The back is an aftermarket 3 point hitch with a trailer mover which doesn’t show very well in the picture. It kind of looks like the black thing is on the back of the Farmall but the black thing is the SSQA forks for the Kubota that are slid up under the back of the Farmall to minimize the floor space they occupy.

GreX

Equipment
BX2380
Jan 8, 2023
Maine
Yes, understood, the person said to buy rolling pallets, which I could not find, just the dolly's, which is why I asked if they meant dolly - I know semantics, but I was looking for what was suggested, figuring there was something I was unaware of existing, being new to the tractor community.

Mrlunchbox

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2023 BX2380 loader/mower. Land Pride snow pusher, Kapteyn pallet forks
Nov 21, 2020
Southern Worcester County, MA
Yes, understood, the person said to buy rolling pallets, which I could not find, just the dolly's, which is why I asked if they meant dolly - I know semantics, but I was looking for what was suggested, figuring there was something I was unaware of existing, being new to the tractor community.

I don't know if you saw my post a couple back. It shows what they have available. Hopefully it helps.