supply chain issue?

LenPA

Equipment
l3901
Jan 2, 2022
Sayre,Pennsylvania,USA
I purchased a L3901 last year to replace my 1950 8N that I've owned for 34 years. Love the Kubota and decided to buy an RTV-X1120W for our 38 acres in North Central PA. from a local dealer last December. Still waiting for it! I checked with other dealers, and I am told "good luck finding one" I did not put any money down and I am being told I am first on the list and am locked into last year's pricing. Anyone else having similar issues?

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Welcome to post-covid.

Last I read, most ATVs are a year out once ordered.

Lots of threads on here about supply chain issues for all types of different equipment, vehicles, and items.

Reactions: 2 users

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
I don't see an end to the "supply chain" issues till we stop paying people to sit on their cans. Don't hold your breath till that happens. Many small businesses are throwing in the towel because of the lack of people that are willing to work. Just yesterday, I went to pick up some shelving that I bought and had to wait till the boss ran a lazy guy to the airport in order to rid himself of that liability.

My Kubota backhoe was a complete disaster because of the useless people that built it
The two dealers that attempted to correct it were as bad as the original assemblers.

Reactions: 1 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
A friend ordered one and it took about 15 months to get it. They did hold the price commitment. I found a used one locally but the guy only wanted cash for it, and someone drove 400 miles in the nighttime to get it from him and paid him cash. I had made arrangements to buy it the next morning when I could get the money out of the bank. Got a text at 4 AM saying that it just sold.

Reactions: 1 user

Bugzilla46310

Equipment
2022 BX2680 198? AC 916H
May 22, 2022
Demotte, IN
Bought my BX in June. Looked at the competitors also. Kioti had none in stock in the BX catagory. Got a response about a month ago that the dealer got a few in.

DDCD

Equipment
1964 MF135, L2501
May 8, 2021
Oklahoma
I don't see an end to the "supply chain" issues till we stop paying people to sit on their cans. Don't hold your breath till that happens. Many small businesses are throwing in the towel because of the lack of people that are willing to work. Just yesterday, I went to pick up some shelving that I bought and had to wait till the boss ran a lazy guy to the airport in order to rid himself of that liability.

My Kubota backhoe was a complete disaster because of the useless people that built it
The two dealers that attempted to correct it were as bad as the original assemblers.
I don't know of anyone that's sitting around collecting checks that's my age. If they are sitting around, it's because they don't want to work for minimum wage. I made $15/hr 15 years ago when I was in college, yet most jobs still don't pay close to that. Not trying to get into a political argument or hijack this thread, but there's more to "people don't want to work" than poorly assembled tractors.

Watching Messicks YouTube, I think RTVs were one of the worst hit items. My local dealers seem to have a bunch of tractors in stock but no RTVs or lawnmowers.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: it's because they don't want to work for minimum wage.
AND they can AFFORD to NOT work. if you're hungry..you'll work, if you need shelter, you'll work.....

As for the 'supply chain' problem... last week I gave away a running classic Cyclone rake with 'under tree parts' as it needed a new impeller. ALL 4 local dealers wanted 100% of my money up front with no delivery date. 'Best' price was just under $300.. BTW the MFR does have STOCK of them, I checked.
I could have kept it, made a metal impeller over the winter, but have too any other 'projects'.

jkrubi12

Equipment
B2601/LA435/QA54"/BH70/B8160box/BB1254/PFL1242/SGC0554/WC-68 Chipper
Sep 24, 2012
right coast
Was at the K dealership yesterday & they had just received 2 RTV's after a one-year wait. That was good news to me (even though I wasn't there for an RTV) b/c it seems to indicate some 'relief' starting to appear on the attachment shortage issue.

I hope I'm not the only one here who is sick to my stomach over gen X, Y, Z'rs who are 'quitting' while at work b/c they are unhappy over their current situation! What's the current terminology being floated around, 'soft quitting' or 'quiet quitting'? WTF! :eek:

DVR

Premium Member

Equipment
Kubota MX5400, L3560LE, L3301
May 8, 2020
Columbia, SC
I was at the dealer yesterday.
There was a new RTV on the delivery truck headed somewhere.
I didn't pay too much attention but there may have been a couple of more.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
re: it's because they don't want to work for minimum wage.
AND they can AFFORD to NOT work. if you're hungry..you'll work, if you need shelter, you'll work.....

As for the 'supply chain' problem... last week I gave away a running classic Cyclone rake with 'under tree parts' as it needed a new impeller. ALL 4 local dealers wanted 100% of my money up front with no delivery date. 'Best' price was just under $300.. BTW the MFR does have STOCK of them, I checked.
I could have kept it, made a metal impeller over the winter, but have too any other 'projects'.
Sooo…. you sound as if you are in-favor of starving people so they’ll go to work!

That’s not my idea of how things should work.

A WORKING man has the RIGHT to decide for Whom and for How Much he will work.

I ain‘t gonna work shoveling sheit for no $15/hr. And I’m not basing that on any imagined hand-outs some of you guys think are out there for the asking. B.S.! ! !.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
re: you sound as if you are in-favor of starving people so they’ll go to work!
No, I'm in favour of people WORKING and NOT sitting on their butts collecting 'free cheese' (any guv handout of taxpayer money ) when there are LOTS of jobs.
Within a short 15 minute walk there's 5 companies looking for workers, ALL offer $25/hr to start AND full benefit..it's been 12-16 MONTHS and no one is hired. Girl begs along a busy strip mall for handouts yet there's FOUR 'help wanted' signs out of 7 stores.
Hospitals up here are on 'reduced hours' with 22hr emergency wait times....huge shortage of nurses.
Local food store , part timers START at $18/hr, benefits AND pension.....for stocking shelves !

It's just way too easy for 10s of 1000s to NOT work yet get a steady taxpayer funded paycheck, 4 walls and a roof, food in their bellies. 400,000 'Immigrants' get full medical, food cards, clothing accomodations, cellphone time,etc. last year, next year 500k !

Canada has a HUGE true unemployment crisis yet companies can't GET anyone to even apply for their jobs. Maybe it's not that way south of the 49th ?

re: I ain‘t gonna work shoveling sheit for no $15/hr

so if you lost your high paying current job and the ONLY job was $15 ,shovelling ... YOU would rather starve your wife and kids,lose your house,truck, and your tractors ??

Reactions: 2 users

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
The only “free cheese” is the tax breaks for the Rich.

Ordinary citizens (and even non-citizens) pay taxes which go to the gov’t…and are used per the law to benefit those citizens needful of help. It’s THEIR money.

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
The only “free cheese” is the tax breaks for the Rich.

Ordinary citizens (and even non-citizens) pay taxes which go to the gov’t…and are used per the law to benefit those citizens needful of help. It’s THEIR money.
You might want to read up on what really happens.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
re: Ordinary citizens (and even non-citizens) pay taxes which go to the gov’t…and are used per the law to benefit those citizens needful of help. It’s THEIR money.

so the 10s of thousands of 'immigrants' coming across your southern boarder every week, all get 'green cards', start $15+jobs AND pay taxes ?

BTW the 'tax breaks' are available to ALL American citizens who actually FILE their taxes. Doesn't matter how much you make you can still get a tax break on an EV and 'write off' your house mortgage interest .

jkrubi12

Equipment
B2601/LA435/QA54"/BH70/B8160box/BB1254/PFL1242/SGC0554/WC-68 Chipper
Sep 24, 2012
right coast
In my state (MA) a recent ballot vote has authorized a 'new' tax on residents making 'more than one million dollars' annually....It's being called the 'fair share' referendum.

Personally, I don't see how any municipality can decide that there can be an additional tax (4% in this case) on a select FEW persons who happen to have a higher income. How can that type of extra taxation be considered 'fair'?

It certainly doesn't apply to me, but was 'sold' to the voting public with the pitch that it will raise 'billions' for schools, roads, etc, etc. Of course 'the masses' are going to vote for a new tax that almost certainly doesn't apply to them!

It just doesn't seem very constitutional to me and I wonder how this type of legislation can be considered legal.

My apologies if I've offended anyone with this (off topic) opinion :)

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
In my state (MA) a recent ballot vote has authorized a 'new' tax on residents making 'more than one million dollars' annually....It's being called the 'fair share' referendum.

Personally, I don't see how any municipality can decide that there can be an additional tax (4% in this case) on a select FEW persons who happen to have a higher income. How can that type of extra taxation be considered 'fair'?

It certainly doesn't apply to me, but was 'sold' to the voting public with the pitch that it will raise 'billions' for schools, roads, etc, etc. Of course 'the masses' are going to vote for a new tax that almost certainly doesn't apply to them!

It just doesn't seem very constitutional to me and I wonder how this type of legislation can be considered legal.

My apologies if I've offended anyone with this (off topic) opinion :)
I liked your response because I agree… I believe that is unconstitutional.

However, I also believe it is wrong to put a “Cap” on SS taxes….(one of those loopholes for the rich I hate.)

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
However, I also believe it is wrong to put a “Cap” on SS taxes….(one of those loopholes for the rich I hate.)
Since there is a cap on SS checks and lower income folks get a higher return on their "contributions", there should be no additional taxes beyond that cap. The unfair part is the low contributors getting a higher return and the high earners getting hosed. What I hate is the loophole BS being repeated.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Since we are off the supply chain topic…let’s be honest it’s in the rear view mirror…

1. That sounds like hate speech when grouping people like that…there is a term for folks who hate groups of people.
2. Seems like a way to get another moderation

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
Since there is a cap on SS checks and lower income folks get a higher return on their "contributions", there should be no additional taxes beyond that cap. The unfair part is the low contributors getting a higher return and the high earners getting hosed. What I hate is the loophole BS being repeated.
What’s good for the goose…. is good for the gander.