What About Your Tractor Makes You Swear?

Snowman7

Equipment
LX3310 535 loader, LX2980, RB2672, FDR1660
May 20, 2020
Boyne Falls, MI.
Snowman7 said:
Every time I hook up a rear pto shaft!

You can take the word "rear" out of that, and it's still true. Actually more true for MMM, because you're reaching underneath to the midline of the machine. I still have a big gouge in my forearm that hasn't healed, 2 weeks hence.

Next time I take mine off, I'm tossing the WHOLE assembly in a bucket of diesel fuel overnight.

-Paul
Yeah I hear ya, that mmm hook up can be hell. That is why I bought a 3 pt finish mower for the LX. 22 years of hooking up the mmm was more than anyone should suffer thru!

Reactions: 1 user

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Yeah I hear ya, that mmm hook up can be hell. That is why I bought a 3 pt finish mower for the LX. 22 years of hooking up the mmm was more than anyone should suffer thru!
I wasn't doing it for 22 years but agree a MMM is not pleasant to hook up and I love my FDR2584.

DeepWoods

Equipment
B2650HSDC Woodland Mills WC68 Wood Chipper
Apr 10, 2019
Bigfork Minnesota
Every time I use my tractor I swear. Even just walking past it in the mancave I tend to swear.

I swear I'll never sell it!!
I swear I wish I had bought it 10 years sooner!!
Exactly how I feel about mine as well. I try to make excuses to use mine when it has been sitting too long.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
On the B, I swear at the parking brake pretty regulary, and the home hack that I added some wash line to the MMM chute with a clasp on the end so I can lift up while driving… when it snaps off I drop an f bomb or two especially if it snaps my hand, then there is the headlights and bucket inference. On the MX there is only sweet talk…she is just right. (Although I did swear just the one time before I added the skid/chin guards). I’d like a bigger tool box but would not kick her out for that.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
On the B, I swear at the parking brake pretty regulary, and the home hack that I added some wash line to the MMM chute with a clasp on the end so I can lift up while driving… when it snaps off I drop an f bomb or two especially if it snaps my hand, then there is the headlights and bucket inference. On the MX there is only sweet talk…she is just right. (Although I did swear just the one time before I added the skid/chin guards). I’d like a bigger tool box but would not kick her out for that.
That IS another irritation… where K mounted the headlights… so low all they do is light up the back of the bucket and blind the operator. I painted the backside of my pallet-fork frame BLACK to reduce the glare. I added an LED lightbar to the top of my brush-guard for some Real Lighting.

Killfast11

Equipment
B8200hst-ep
May 8, 2022
Saabatage1!
trying to find parts for the tractor (b8200) and a MM mower (RC60-82H) i cant use cause im missing a part and its no longer available and no salvage yard i have checked has it. YAY me.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
The bigger tool box wish is easy to fix.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
The bigger tool box wish is easy to fix.
Well BH certainly would be a problem with a bigger box…I wish it had (Kubota if you are listening PM me) a door in the floor that opened with a box under the floor/deck. For now I have just the basics in the box (couple crescents, shackled and some lift straps, extra pins/bushings) and if a bigger trouble I would go back to the barn to get what needed. Maybe I really don’t need more I guess.

Gary Olson

Equipment
L2501 w/FEL and grapple, 3pt auger
Mar 10, 2022
Mark Twain Forest
The exhaust pipe on the L2501 is only 6 inches long; and always exhausts in my face no matter which way the wind is blowing. Tall Stove piping tractor exhaust has worked for decades. WTF?

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Well BH certainly would be a problem with a bigger box…I wish it had (Kubota if you are listening PM me) a door in the floor that opened with a box under the floor/deck. For now I have just the basics in the box (couple crescents, shackled and some lift straps, extra pins/bushings) and if a bigger trouble I would go back to the barn to get what needed. Maybe I really don’t need more I guess.
I use my loader frame large cross tubes for tool storage.
With 4" diameter Oatey (thumb screw removable) plumber pressure test plugs, the large diameter loader tubes offer meaningful storage capacity, .....and from each of the 4 tube ends ( 1 tube - under- loader frame/1 tube - fwd- loader).
The 4" Oatey plugs are a bit too small, but fitting a 2" nipple of 4" PVC into the cross tubes first works just great.
I can carry chain, long pry bar, wrenches, pliers, hammers, pins etc.
With the TLB, I don't often need a chain saw.

I also have a piece of 4" PVC attached vertically to my right side loader post, with a cap on the bottom.
That can carry a shovel, rake, and sledge.

My left side loader post has a mounted 5 lb. dry chemical extinguisher.
L48 TLB loaders are not removable!

My ROPS has been removed and stored, as my most common use is on flat land, and among trees.

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
trying to find parts for the tractor (b8200) and a MM mower (RC60-82H) i cant use cause im missing a part and its no longer available and no salvage yard i have checked has it. YAY me.
Have one made!
Find a local welding / fabricating shop.

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Lots incl. B and L kubotas
Dec 2, 2019
E.
not enough storage with open station tractors... gloves/chains/rope/rags/sandwiches/chocolate bars/drinks/etc....

would love to have more storage for the small stuff and even better if they could incorp. for larger stuff as well.

Sparky Prep

Dec 24, 2022
South Florida
The fact that it is a 1971 Ford gas engine. It has a mason jar for a fuel filter, bailing wire holding the battery down, missing body panels, rusted out rims, dry rotten tires, and no muffler. Starts though..... sometimes.

:ROFLMAO:

Vlach7

Equipment
L47 305DT JD500C
Dec 16, 2021
Frazier Park Ca
L-47 changing the hydraulic fluid and filters, I attempted to change just the filters because the fluid was at half-life due to prior owners' maintenance cycle, dumped out 5 gallons of fluid not realizing it is best to do together, I found out. Then I found the donut magnets in the old filters, dumped out another 5 gallons getting the magnets put in the new filters. Very expensive and messy.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
not enough storage with open station tractors... gloves/chains/rope/rags/sandwiches/chocolate bars/drinks/etc....

would love to have more storage for the small stuff and even better if they could incorp. for larger stuff as well.
"
"Plenty" of storage ....does not work particularly well either.
Others always asking.....may I store my Summer car in one of your barns?
Adult sons help to fill both barns, with their extra vehicles plus boats. (4 vehicles + 3 boats)

Last edited:

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
In the spirit of the thread title:

When the hoe pulls me towards the trench that I'm trying to dig. :mad:

Reactions: 1 users

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico

I u-bolted a real toolbox on the crossbar between the ROPs uprights where the silly factory box was located. Then next to that I u-bolted a .30 caliber ammo box to use as a small items “glovebox.” It works for me.

TGKY

Equipment
L4701DT
May 24, 2018
US
L4701-
the 3 point lift arms not having the adjustable ends and similarly it has the upgraded stabilizers but they don’t have enough travel when I mount my tiller so I have to completely unhook them

i had a small coolant leak but that’s not a regular thing

too much electronic/ecm. I knew it when I bought it but I would have preferred old school diesel. That’s a thing of the past though for me now.